Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Professions for Rogue (not Rouge =P)

Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

Hi all!  What would be the ideal profession for a Rogue?  I would imagine it would be skinng + leather, however I am not entirely certain...  Any suggestions? ^^

Comments

• AssAssin_666AssAssin_666 Member Posts: 15

by far best for u , is weaponsmith & mining .

Since u can make ur own craft weapons , and they're a hell of alot better of alot of weapons until last bosses SSC :)

• GadorianGadorian Member Posts: 87

if u need professions to have quik big money  - make Skinning, Mining!

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

Ok, I guess I'll try the Blacksmithing + Mining then.  

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

Ok, I guess I'll try the Blacksmithing + Mining then.  

If this is your first character I don't reccommend sinking money into a crafting profession, especially if you want to have an epic mount by the time you reach 60. Go with Skinning + mining or herbalism and you will make alot of money off the auction house. Once you hit 60+ and have some money saved up you can always switch to crafting professions.

Though I personally find weaponsmith items lackluster for rogues anyway, but that's just me.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

Hi all!  What would be the ideal profession for a Rogue?  I would imagine it would be skinng + leather, however I am not entirely certain...  Any suggestions? ^^

I suggest Leather working and skinning. you will both have a good income (You don't need 30 gold at lower levels) and you will be able to craft your own decent gear. I picked up Mining + Blacksmithing on my warrior, no regrets.

• CroeCroe Member Posts: 194

If you were on a pvp server id go skinning leatherworking. Why you ask no kill trail to follow, On my server i just follow dead bodyies and find people to kill all the time. plus it aint like your gonna be waering plate or anything like that the blacksmith mining is okay but it takes FOREVER (*does that thing from the sandbox were the kids say forever over and over*)

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

mining + engineering isnt bad, u get some nice little gadgets that help u in pvp

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by Aseenus

mining + engineering isnt bad, u get some nice little gadgets that help u in pvp

Engineering used to be the pvp profession of choice at 60.

Now at 70 it sucks. Most of the interesting gadgets don't work anymore so all you get is a single piece of epic headgear, a gun that's better for tanks than for hunters and grenades. Oh - and for those not so wonderful things you have to pay more money / time to level up engineering than any other profession.

Choose something else.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

IMO, your best off going skinning + herbs. Rogues need some herbs for their abilitys, what you dont need you can sell for a very large profit marine, leather? Just sell it.

Unfortunately, Tradeskills in WoW have a too high cost/time ratio with too little rewards. Most of the armour gives the wrong stats, the blues are wholly expensive to make making them moreorless useless excepting at higher levels.

So do Herbs + Leather, buy the armour/weapons you need with your high profits and if you feel the urge to become a crafter later on, you can either go into alchemy or leatherworking with the benefit of a high gathering skill.

On my latest toon, a Warlock on Al'akir (EU) im level 40 with herbs/leather and I have 300g. This just a testimony to how much money you can make NOT crafting.

---