Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back to wow but have some questions.

Hello

I have played world of warcraft before the expansion. I quit for a few diffrent reasons. The biggest one was that getting into a end-game guild was near impossible. The other problem i had was that it seemed that if you didnt raid 24/7 and actually had other things to do in life rather than play world of warcraft you would NEVER get any decent gear. I know that the expansion changed raiding a lot. I am wondering can someone actually get into a raiding guild now? What about 5 man raids? I am planning on playing allaince anything i need to know? Finally what server is good for a vet coming back?

Fun Fact: Sony Online Entertainments Corporate Office is located on the 10th level of hell in dante's inferno the catholic church censored this part of the book and deemed it to horrible to be written...

Comments

• syanmarsyanmar Member Posts: 29

Hi there,

yes, things have changed, but I don't really like these changes. For 5 man heroics, you have to first get the reputation, which means grind, mostly in instances. After you have enough reputation you can easily find even pug-s for heroics. 

For real raids, like karazhan , you need to get through a much longer attunement process then before the expansion, where mc and bwl attunement was just a simple quest. For example kara attunement requires an instance run where you can only get with flying mount...  For me as a casual player its even harder to get into raid groups, i dont try anymore, before expansion I could simply

join any guild and start raiding MC or ZG.

PVP has changed a lot. Battlegrounds only reward you with minor epics, like rings, boots, belts, bracers... You can only get the

blue version of the "real" armor, and it costs as much as the level 60 epics, meanwhile the honor gained from level 70 battlegrounds is only slightly increased compared to the 60 version.  The real epic pvp gear comes from arena, where you need your arena team members to be online. No more i just log in do some bg for the cool rewards. I was pretty much disappointed with the level 70 life.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Originally posted by syanmar

Hi there,

yes, things have changed, but I don't really like these changes. For 5 man heroics, you have to first get the reputation, which means grind, mostly in instances. After you have enough reputation you can easily find even pug-s for heroics. 

For real raids, like karazhan , you need to get through a much longer attunement process then before the expansion, where mc and bwl attunement was just a simple quest. For example kara attunement requires an instance run where you can only get with flying mount...  For me as a casual player its even harder to get into raid groups, i dont try anymore, before expansion I could simply

join any guild and start raiding MC or ZG.

PVP has changed a lot. Battlegrounds only reward you with minor epics, like rings, boots, belts, bracers... You can only get the

blue version of the "real" armor, and it costs as much as the level 60 epics, meanwhile the honor gained from level 70 battlegrounds is only slightly increased compared to the 60 version.  The real epic pvp gear comes from arena, where you need your arena team members to be online. No more i just log in do some bg for the cool rewards. I was pretty much disappointed with the level 70 life.
    They removed raid attunments now, so there is no attument quest for Karazan or any other raid dungeons, you can still do the attument quest chain though for a different reward, I think you get magic scrolls.

You still need rep to key heroic keys though, but TBH I never realy felt like I was grinding a dungeon to get my keys, I would always ding max rep during a dungeon without even realising.

As the 5 man normal & Heroics those groups are easy to find as PUGS, but ofc performance varies with group. My server has just started to get quite a few Karazan PUGs going.

• ltlfishieltlfishie Member Posts: 93

what about the expansion? i meen the second one thats coming out. Is it true that xp rewards will be increased? and will the new expansion be pvp oriented or more raids?

Fun Fact: Sony Online Entertainments Corporate Office is located on the 10th level of hell in dante's inferno the catholic church censored this part of the book and deemed it to horrible to be written...

• VoidGuardianVoidGuardian Member Posts: 5
    I quite WoW a few times as well. I was in a raiding guild when I quit the most recent time, we were doing pretty good and then TBC came out. The guild deteriorized and I quit playing 2 days after it came out. I now have too much of a life to play 60+ hours a week. In fact I can barely manage 8 so far and it's been a month since I re-activated my account. My main was 62 when I quit playing and I am severely bored with the game. My equiptment was mostly from raids Tier 1/2 stuff and it is almost all useless now after such a short time. I can't speak for end-gaming at 70 but I would say that you can get some good stuff without having to dedicate your life to the game.