Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new level cap. . .

TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

Does the new level cap being thirty bother anyone? I do like the idea of more content, however I've always felt Guild Wars was the kind of game that was meant to be friendly when it came to getting level cap so that way one could access PvP with a roleplay character fairly quickly.

I'm worried that the difficulty of getting to 30 may be too high, or defeat my  interpretation of Guild Wars's purpose. If I'm wrong, happy to be so! Just wondering what your guys's opinions are.

Comments

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Tryken

Does the new level cap being thirty bother anyone? I do like the idea of more content, however I've always felt Guild Wars was the kind of game that was meant to be friendly when it came to getting level cap so that way one could access PvP with a roleplay character fairly quickly.

I'm worried that the difficulty of getting to 30 may be too high, or defeat my  interpretation of Guild Wars's purpose. If I'm wrong, happy to be so! Just wondering what your guys's opinions are.
    Level cap of 30? Where did you read that? As far as I know, the level cap is still 20 in the expansion that's going to be released tomorrow.

I know there's been some talk about a level cap of 150 or no cap at all for GW2, but 30?

As for the question: in my opinion, getting to any level cap isn't difficult, but just time consuming. If they are really going to go the grind route in GW, I won't go near it. I don't like grind games, and I won't touch one ever again.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

It's def. 20. They are clear that the lvl cap is staying at 20. GW2 is a different story.

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

My apparantly incorrect friend. YES! YES! YES YES YES YES YES! That is awesome. You have no idea. I just hit twenty for the first time yesterday, and I was so peeved that the level was about to be raised. I'm so glad he was wrong. Thanks a bunch, guys. =D =D =D

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411
    Originally posted by Tryken

My apparantly incorrect friend. YES! YES! YES YES YES YES YES! That is awesome. You have no idea. I just hit twenty for the first time yesterday, and I was so peeved that the level was about to be raised. I'm so glad he was wrong. Thanks a bunch, guys. =D =D =D

what? 

• dertomokdertomok Member Posts: 79
    There won't be new level cap at GW , Factions , NightFall And EotN , because a lot of players have earned more than 1 million experience points , so the ArenaNet should make over 2 million characters to level 30 . Level 20 , if i remember good , req. 344000 experience points , so 1 million should easily raise you too level 30 . And please people stop talking about new cap , GuildWars isn't made for level raising , in GuildWars you easily earn max level , because ArenaNet didn't wanted to create grind level raising game like WoW , they made it easily reachable , because they wanted too make players to do more things , not only level raising . Level 20 is only a sign that you arent newb , almost all players have level 20 . Level 20 is only the beginig ,when they reach it , people starts doing PvP and PvE , also there is such places where you can only go with level 20 , so like I said , level 20 is only the begining .

First you must give , only than you can take .

• gerry7gerry7 Member Posts: 53

not that it really matters, but level 20 is actually only 140,600 xp. 

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

This is complete BS, there has been no raise in level cap, nor will there ever be a raise in level cap in Guild Wars 1!

Guild Wars 2 however, now thats a different matter entirely ;)

imageimage

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by gerry7
    not that it really matters, but level 20 is actually only 140,600 xp. image

so having 7,000,000 xp makes you what level ?

my main char is level 1000 !

lol

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by neoteo
    Originally posted by gerry7
    not that it really matters, but level 20 is actually only 140,600 xp. image

so having 7,000,000 xp makes you what level ?

my main char is level 1000 !

lol

Congratulations, you've won the grand price! With the reason as following: Using the word "lol" in a new and creative way!

I vote for no levels at all btw!

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Godliest

Congratulations, you've won the grand price! With the reason as following: Using the word "lol" in a new and creative way!
    I vote for no levels at all btw!

Wha!?!?!?

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

This discussion has been closed.