Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well do not think it is going to be for me.

HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

I find myself bored at the grind.  I admit I have played only for a week, but this is what I see so far...

Grind missions or boring courier missions for money.

Wait for skills.

No real low level pvp.

Told by people in the rookie channel and here that basically the real game starts after you get 8 mill in skill points and that can take about 4 months.  I really do not want to wait 4 months for some pvp that is not me getting pounded by a battleship.

Just not enough to do when you have lower skills levels besides the exact same missions or sit at a rock mining for 4 months.

Someone tell me I am missing something to do at the lower levels.  I can not see myself paying for a game that is going to take me 4 months to get up to the "fun" part.

Comments

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Yes im afraid you are missing 2 things mainly that you could oin a corp and PvP [if you want] almost straight away in a groupe hunt.

Also its possable to PvP on your own with the following setup on your frigate.

Couple of basic guns/missile launchers

Warp jammer

a damage mod

Then you can take on some of the farly weak targets in low sexcurity space from say day 3.

Up to you in the end but my advice is that you join a corp and do stuff with ingame friends.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• PjotrPjotr Member Posts: 7

Like the above poster said try to join a corp that does pvp. Pvp in eve is not about  the best damage dealing ship. You also need to be able to prevent your enemy from escaping. Thats why pvp in eve is ussualy happening in gangs where you have supprot ships that scramble the enemy while other ships do the damage. And you can train very fast for a support frigate or cruiser.

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

what you have mentioned is the spoonfed content. it is a grind and it gets boring.

to find more, you actually have to look, persever and risk your investments.

check out this review.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/144230

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

You're missing a corp, and the Rookie Help channel is filled with idiots. If you think that you need X million SP to be good at PvP, you're wrong. You'll never be good at PvP because you think that SP matter.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Its true, some folks join up with a Pirate, anti-pirate or other lo sec corp during their trial and are pvping from their first few days.

I've got 4 million SP's (3 months in game) and I'm out in 0.0 ratting in a Battleship and tackling for my corps stealth bombers/HACs in a Rifter that would take less than a month to get the skills for.

But EVE is a patience game..... it will take a while to get the skills to fly high level ships.... so EVE might not be the game for you

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon