Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should make the levels go past 20

RydamanRydaman Member Posts: 5
They really need to make the levels go to like 60 so the noob difference and the experience players will be greater and it takes 2 weeks to get to level 20

Comments

• last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196
    Guild Wars is for casual gamers thats y the cap is 20 and its very good  its not for hardcore gamers so if u wanna go lvl grind go play wow
  • last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196
    And I really wish ppl would stop postign threads on this ! thing gw lvl cap will never get higher and nother thing Gw is based strategy and not on if ur a higher lvl that is what has made it soo good
  • VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

So, basically what you're saying is you want to play WoW but not pay the monthly fee. I suggest you try one of the many FTP MMOs out there.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

This is already talked about in topic name "Higher Level" so why to do new topic?::::12::

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Um... You can get to lvl 20 in one weekend of PvE or instantly with PvP.  And we all know lvls don't matter because people can just buy them off of ebay or a powerleveling service.

GWs is a hybrid game you have FPS like Counter Strike that don't have levels per se.
    You have RPGs that have lvls.

The two have been put together in a manner. 

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Rydaman
    They really need to make the levels go to like 60 so the noob difference and the experience players will be greater and it takes 2 weeks to get to level 20

In other words: when it takes longer to get to level cap, killing mobs over and over, you are by definition more experienced? Last time I checked the experience of players in this game is measured by how they use their skills and how they tackle certain scenario's, not about how long they had been killing mobs over and over.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• SephiriusSephirius Member Posts: 8

This is the wrong game for that, it will never happen.  The winner is based on player/team SKILL not how long they grinded and frankly that is how it should stay.

Sorry move on to the next Korean grindfest game, archlord should be out soon for ya.

• lChaosllChaosl Member Posts: 40
    quit being cheap and trying to get a wow without a monthly fee.
  • TraceGaleTraceGale Member Posts: 45

Actually last i read(if my memory serves me correctly) The level cap in GW2 is going to be raised.

OR

I think they arnt going to have a lvl cap but you stop getting stronger after a ceartain level. I dont remember.

I like only havin to go to 20  cause then is whe nthe challenge starts.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

they made the titles for the noob filter already .. lvl 20 is fine
    if gw didnt have a level cap at all i would be something like level 700 ...
    the level 20 cap impov is for people to actualy comunicate and learn from each others and mix experienced players with less experienced players.
    how would you feel being level 100 playing with a level 700 ? just becose you didnt have the time to play as much as a level 700 did , doesnt mean you are a bad player.
    so , everyone is level 20 and we find if the player is good or not by the skills ( spells ) the player have.
    for me having lots of spells means more then some titles , being able to change to all secondary professions and having skills in all professions takes lot of time and shows the player interest in being versatil.

in guildwars you cant really fake your experience becose other players will see your experience when u are in a group comunicating and when in battle playing , not when you are in town showing a number.

yes , expencive armors and rare weapons may help to show your experience , but doesnt really mean anything .. no one in guildwars trusts a title or a armor ... the real test comes when u start talking after joining a group.

btw , GWEN is awsome !!! loving the preview so far , i might post a screen or too later , try not to spoil anything , heh