Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

might start playing need some answers first

1.first of all does it have a tutorial so your not lost from the very begining

2. 1like the movies but this a game with lord of the rings slaped on it in other words is it like the movies

3. hows the PVP

4. are there noncombat skills or levels

The Hero 1000

Comments

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by thehero1000

2. 1like the movies but this a game with lord of the rings slaped on it in other words is it like the movies
    3. hows the PVP
    1- Yes, sometimes a bit too much (personal opinion)

2-Tough to say, It is set in the relm of Middle Earth and there are hobbits and orcs and the like with appearences by toons from the books.

3- PVP is not your typical type, by that I mean you can't go around killing other players.  At lvl 10 you get to create a monster that can fight higher lvl players that are able to venture into the PvM (player v. Monster) zone. Yes it is still player v player, but with some twists.

4-Not 100% sure what you are asking, but there is crafting.

Hope that helps

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

• NikepwnsNikepwns Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by thehero1000

3. hows the PVP

1. Well basically you start on a storyline kind of tutorial, if your thinking about it teaching you which buttons to press to do this and that then it does not help you there.

2. Now i have to say they have said that they are basing this more on the Books than on the movies, but either way i feel you dont feel that kinda feeling of middle earth unless your wondering around bree or the shire, but if you go to places like lone lands or angmar it just does not feel like lord of the rings.

3. Now the pvp is quite casual but at the same time very fun, if you are your own normal character go to monster play 40+ and then start wondering around there will always be a raid group getting ready to go and raid somewhere, when you join the raid there is always a massive monster player army that you will fight with, id say 30vs30 people, on my server (evernight-EU) anyway.

so on the hole the pvp is pretty ownage i feel.

4. Im not quite sure what you mean but you can do crafting, you get a crafting voaction which gives you 3 crafts to choose from, so for example yeoman lets you be a farmer, a cook and a woodsman, or it might be something else not sure.

Now for your information if you want to start playing best bet is to first choose a good class, if you choose a slow killing class like guardian then you might get bored easier, also when you get to level 40 do not go to monster play straight away, go to there at say level 45 and then i think you will be ok, also join a very good kinship (guild), every kinship i have been in helps me do whatever i have to do.

But now they dont have to cos im 50!

_____

Muzzle level 50 captain Evernight server EU

Played: WoW, Guild wars, Eve, SWG, and more