Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2D mmos

AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I have a special place in my heart for 2D mmos. Anyone who has played Dark Ages can understand my love for the hidden jems.

Back on topic, I would very much appreciate a list of 2D mmos, that are preferably free. Just please don't suggest Endless Online (Its a cyber fest), or maple story.

Help me get out of my boredom rut. Thanks guys

Comments

• AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

Spent so long searching for a decent 2D MMORPG and there is nothing.

Dark Age and Tibia are probably the best there is.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Try Red Stone, they recently made some changes that made the game quite difficult, but it is pretty in depth.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• BigfootBigfoot Member Posts: 364

The Realm Online

Looking for something new.

• ChumadChumad Member Posts: 3

You could try out Forgotten Planets RPG - it's 2D, but browser based.   It's pretty new though, but content is being added constantly.

http://rpg.forgottenplanets.com

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Lunia. The controls are a bit odd, but you'll get used to it.

global.lunia.com/main.asp

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Shadow of legend http://www.shadowoflegend.com/web/ is pretty good. Its in beta currently(but it was easy for me to get in) It has Open PVP after lvl10 and if you have a smartphone or a few other mobile devices you can play it on them as well as PC.

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Theres always Ultima Online and Diablo 2.

-------------------------

• NazarosNazaros Member Posts: 215

Runescape pretend to be 3D, but it's a glorified 2D game with shadow and ligthing giving you the false impression that it's 3D. It can run in a java browser too.

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Thanks guys, I'll look into all of them.

• wartreewartree Member Posts: 11

I would say try Nostale Online, go to www.wikipedia.org, and type nostale online for some more info

• camobeastcamobeast Member Posts: 4

Try  Well Of Souls its not the best game out there but its fast and fun

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

Im pretty stuck up with browser based games right now.... nothing till september.... even december...

i~ku~ra

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Let me know if you decide to play Tibia, if you want I can give you some tips and pointers ingame, and items to start out to get you a jumpstart.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• Ok D2 isn't one. I admit it's a good game but it's an orpg not an mmo. Some good 2d mmorpgs are Hellbreath, Tibia, Conquer, Trickster, and UO of course (altough I don't like the new version of UO).