Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Uo story........long txt quite boring too lol

NimzowichNimzowich Member Posts: 2

My history with Ultima online started quite early, but i remember it like it was yesterday

Back in 1995/1996 i went to a local store here (only store that had computer magz from the US/UK etc) I bought 1 and went home jumped down at the kitchen table when i got to like the middle of the paper the mag had like 150 pages or something..

Anyways around in the middle of this phat magazine there was like a half page if even that called someting like (Mmorpg corner) and a very short article about Ultima Online was there with this tiny tiny sceenshot like the size of a matchbox. this was the quite ironic day i was reading and looked at the screenshot and went like holy shit this game i simply must have.

I dident have internet or anything at this time, not even sure when i read the article that it stated that it was played over the internet,anyways days/months went by and a September/oktober night a close friend of mine calls me and tells me to get over to him he had bought this amazing game that i simply had to see..

So i get my crap on and rush over to him and what did i SEE??? This quite large box with the text on it (Ultima Online - We create worlds) we played the game some and i got so damn hooked right from the start.

The day after i call every computerstore in the city i live in(or all and all we only and have only had 1)

So i got like desperate the date was like 20th december and soon Xmas around the corner and the stores with close a longer period of time for the hollydays, I jumped in my car drove like an hour to a bigger city that i knew had a few computer/game stores and NONE had it!!!!!! A bit dipressed as i was i went down to this resturant and grabs me some coffe and when i sit there i see a sign (big sales blah blah) When i was done i went in there and wtf did i see on the shelf closest to the floor 1 COPY OF ULTIMA ONLINE.

Guess if i got happy or what, i paid and went home started installing on my uhm 200mmx? cant recall exactly lol but goosh was slow i had 28.8k modem the game patched it took like forever, anyways after some hours i think i was done i sat down and logged in..

So here i was like 1-2 years after i read this article in a mag with txt and screenshot that was smaller than my thumb nail, I created my toon and started playing i had like troubble with everything ressed with pens when i died ofc :P

However over time i was starting to adapt more to the game,Some friendly pk's that had pointed out to me that i was quite retarded to res with pens had tought me not to do that Quite nice guys actually i still remember there names (Natow and SY)

They gave me gear they got from pking other's, so hey life could not be better for the time being time went by.

I joined a Anti pk guild, started to pvp seriously and fek i say how fun it was, i still remember the days Vas Flam Vas Flam, Still time moved on UO had so endless with bugs but who cared tbh`? or the lag back in 1997 was annoying but was part of the game.The population of UO was great ppl everywhere easy to find partys to do whatever go to dungeons and bash or head to Despise and chase of pk's or die from them.

Then the first hits started to come Orgin stated they were planning to implant Statloss, All i can say is from that day UO slowly started to die, More bad news from orgin a new facet called Trammel was to be implanted.More and more complicated stuff was starting to ge in to the game, Lord british AkA garriot lost control of hes creation and a new company took over (Not new to me but for UO) Electronic Arts also known as EA.They started doing there own crap with the game i know from articles i read with garriot also left ALOT of the crew that had last calls on the game among him hes brother,coders,artists etc.

A new era with UO started, It turned out to be real shit tbh my longtime friends 1 by 1 started to drop of the game So as a final tribute we decided to to go dreads with our mains and we did it lasted about 3-4 weeks until we all had been Connection lost killed or simply unlucky ganked by a zerg. (Still have my old screens from this time and im glad i do)

So all alone i decided to stay in the game i mean i loved it, i had hopes that EA would listen to the player base and start fixing shit up but hell no they dident and by now im sure they NEVER will either, Anyways one quite boring day i ran in to a old friend who had made a return to UO but he now played on the Europa server and asked me to follow him and i did. on this server i remained until the day i simply could not logon to the game i loved and had dear and supported for so many years.....The game felt dead sad i say

My best memories with the game will always be the REAL Ultima online era when Garriot had command and the game had its own land mark,And who can forget the days when you got pk'd your pulse was like 1k beats you were almost shaking lol or the thrill of going to Despise or other dungeons simply because it was SCARY.

Sense the frigging letter got a bit long and we are all diffrent persons and probably we all loved some same and some not parts of the game im sure every true Ultima Online fan knows what im talking about.

Salutes goes to

The Pluggers,The Merc,CC,SSJ,LLTS,AoD,Dread alliance,Obsidian Order and alot that i cant recall now

PLUG,Maaaxxximmum,Pilor,Rainman,Shakula,Atorak,Win,Natow,SY brother slammer,Tempra,Arlington and every single one of you Atlantic players that made this game become the very best i was hoping it to be the 1-2 years before i even started playing it.

Just sad that some parts cant remain the same and that it sooner or later had to come to an end.

I still must say tho to the players still handing in there, a Salut to you i really do admire you if you still are having fun,And im still jellous on players that never did experience the OLD days of UO and comes in to the game now and enjoys it simply cause they have not seen any other side of UO and have nothing to compare to.

GL all of you and HF in RL

/Old Atlantic player

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Not boring at all. I would say after RG left the game took a huge cliff jump. The developers started caving in to the whining and threats  of cancellations and the game started deteriorating and has never recovered. I would love for someone to obtain the rights to the Ultima lore and recreate a fully functioning Ultima Lore Online with nothing but Ultima related things.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Yes, it is long, but I actually read the whole thing and share your sentiments.

The original UO game was one of the best MMOGs ever; real value, real danger, real challenge, real communities, real people - a real world.

EA's UO is a non-player character RPG that happens to be played online - and a lousy one at that.

Such a shame...

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Hearing Arlington cry after killing him over and over was always funny.

Good story though!

-------------------------

• richard22182richard22182 Member Posts: 31

ugg arly's annoying as fuck  : /  im just glad i dont see chewy and broadamer anymore though anyway he just talks traSH  all day and sux at pvp i think hes still playing but who knows i havent been on in a few months gonna re activate it again eventually though and yes ATL is the best server ever  although it seems that even the population on atl is dropping sort of significantly lately but most of the good pvpers have been hangin in there damn arlington....

• mrotsmrots Member Posts: 106

Nice post , i got into UO very late  but the little time i did have i enjoyed , who would think you could gain  enjoyment out of standing outside a bank selling horses , lamas , and other things you had tamed to people , i can still remember it with fond memorys. looking at the GM tamers with their dragons and nightmare mounts hoping to one day be like them!  ,