Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest problem I noticed with RoE

just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I was a "paid" player.  The game is free, but you can make "donations" of $5 per month in 3 mth. or more installments.

Sincerely, the biggest issue I had with the game was how amazingly RUDE many of the GMs are to new players.  They will never grow a larger player base with the GMs they presently have.  Now, granted, GMs are really only other players that have been players for a long time and applied and became "GMs", it's not like WoW where the GMs actually get paid and work for the company or anthing.  But OMG....they are tremendously rude sometimes.

I have watched numerous new people to the game ask questions in the help channel (which isn't actually FOR help, it's for technical issues with the game ONLY) only to be diced and sliced by some impatient and rude GM.

Now the UPside to this is....you are very likely to find SOME kind soul in the player community that will help you.  There are a lot of very nice people that do play, although the PvP servers are short on ANY kind of "niceness"  LOL!  The PvP servers are a display of cruel, cursing, impatient jerks.  However, I found that on the other servers that I made characters on, there were plenty of nice people willing to help you when you're new.

Personally, I think this game is worth a shot to try, if you haven't tried it.  The graphics are not HORRIBLE, the gameplay is good, it has some unique sorts of activities, there ARE actually QUESTS (unlike some games that are just grind, grind, grind), and there is more character CLASS customization than I have ever seen in ANY game bar NONE.  Each character is vastly different from any other player created character because there is so MUCH customization in classes.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Comments

• christwariorchristwarior Member Posts: 126

I have never had issues with rude GMs in any of the servers. In fact, when I ask a question about the game in the help channel I get 5 people telling me what to do. As for the PvP server, I haven't played on it very much so I can't say much about it. But I can agree with you that the player base is very friendly, and the class options are amazing. A high level player made me a staff that was built to fit the types of magic I was using and what class I was, and yes, if you haven't tried RoE and your looking for a deep game with semi-good graphics and a unique gameplay, it's worth a look.

• loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by christwarior

I have never had issues with rude GMs in any of the servers. In fact, when I ask a question about the game in the help channel I get 5 people telling me what to do. As for the PvP server, I haven't played on it very much so I can't say much about it. But I can agree with you that the player base is very friendly, and the class options are amazing. A high level player made me a staff that was built to fit the types of magic I was using and what class I was, and yes, if you haven't tried RoE and your looking for a deep game with semi-good graphics and a unique gameplay, it's worth a look.

I have. I was helping a player and a gm muted me. Suffice to say that was a good 2 years ago, I think that my character is probably still muted lol.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• ladybug420ladybug420 Member Posts: 17

I'm sure it's changed since someone has reposted this thread. Suffice to say, its much much better and you all really should have some patience and give it a chance.

• RistySindelRistySindel Member Posts: 11

I’ve never personally had a problem with GMS but they can be quite stubborn and one-sides in their actions…but isn’t that their job? Giving the final decision?

No votes needed.

I believe it is and without them the game just wouldn’t be able to function as properly, although now that there is moderation in the ex-halberd server/nemesis ….things aren’t as fun as they used to be, a rowdy bunch we were really, obnoxious too but that was hally for you, constant war and secretive plotting --- now we’ve limitations and granted mutes, suspensions and banning that happen often enough to become weekly habit, old players are lost and quite disappointingly so..

Unfortunately that’s the way the cookie crumbles and nothing can be done about it. Otherwise…the game is good. All in all, it isn’t the most exciting RPG in the world but it has its upsides, the many friends – I’ve made and the hours I’ve spent trying to over come other players! All, of which I’ve yet to succeed but I’m getting there!!

• Ebol-aEbol-a Member Posts: 18

The GMs...

Well, ya know, there just players. They dont wanna GM... they wanna play...

So, if they sound kinda upset, its prolly cuz someone bugged em while they were tryin to level.

Or pulled em out in the middle of a party with their buds. Thats just da way it is...

But, ya know, the GMs aint there half the time anyway... So dont worry bout it.

But ya gotta be careful... Cuz the rules aint written down.

So ya never really know... Keep quiet and just do yer own thing if ya really wanna try this game.

GM’s aint the half the time? Are you kidding? When last have you been there. They play everyday. In fact: Your not allowed to kill there playable toons. Nope, why? Because its an annoyance and can seemingly draw you into something called “Perma-banning”.

A total power trip if you ask me. If they’re on a normal ‘character’ used for playing purposes, do they expect high praise? I don’t really know but that’s just the way I see it.

Be aware and warned that GM’s lurk all over now. So becareful of who you gank, it may be your last strike before your banned.

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Originally posted by RistySindel

GM’s aint the half the time? Are you kidding? When last have you been there. They play everyday. In fact: Your not allowed to kill there playable toons. Nope, why? Because its an annoyance and can seemingly draw you into something called “Perma-banning”.
    A total power trip if you ask me. If they’re on a normal ‘character’ used for playing purposes, do they expect high praise? I don’t really know but that’s just the way I see it.

Be aware and warned that GM’s lurk all over now. So becareful of who you gank, it may be your last strike before your banned.

not lately risty pipSqueek killed dunny 10 times a while ago no ban I think it was about 10 for pipsqueek and 5 for dunlavin <- gm playable character

Pip'squeak you say? Well -- that may be so.

But they're both GM's.

In fact, they live together as far as I know.

So does that really count? I don't think so.

That was just friendly between them PVP.

I'm talking about everyone else attempting a little slaying action. Pirates, MI. Err...yeah, that would be about it. No one else would dare try, oh well...maybe eternity would!

• Ebol-aEbol-a Member Posts: 18

I watched the NEMESIS chat screen closely at all times...

The "separation" of GM-toons and their play-toons seems to be a concern for a number of players. I saw comments concerning this idea, that play-toons could join guilds and belong to networks (even with non-guild members) which organize plans to KOS other , non GM players.

I think there's something intrinsically wrong in that.

But it ain't my game... That's just the way the admins have decided to run it.

Like it or lump it... Take it down the road and dump it

Thats the problem! They don't separate their GM toons from there playable toons. Everything you do is taken into account because they're "undercover", ha! Its BS...they just don't like dying...which is really fruitless considering they're on a PVP server...but as you've said, nothing came be done... I just think it could be handled alot better. If your going to be 'law-abiding' at least have the rules apply to them too.

Well, I haven't had not one problem with GMs with the game or anything. Have any of you downloaded the patch?? Because if you have and it still doesn't work then something is definately wrong with YOUR equipment. And no it does NOT crash ever 30 mintues. I have played for 4 hours straight and not lagged and not crashed at all. GMs help run the game. Maybe they're posted as NPCs or whatever to be stationary because they're moderating the language in the towns. Just because YOU can't see the GMs does'nt mean they're useless. And I do think its fair that they help run the game that they can have any pet they want and be any character they want. So get over, if you dont like the GMs then leave alone and ignore then. But they are really nice people. Dunny and Tristan and H'doe they're all really nice. Stop being biased and play the game as it was meant to be played.

Yes, the patch is downloaded. Out of 20 other players that play, congratulations to the only one person that doesn’t have lag. We must have fragmented PC’s. I’ll make sure to send out a memo so WE take the time to sort out things our side. GM’s do help run the game yes but we’re not talking generally no, we’re talking about “NEME”, not Phoenix and otherwise and as I said. GM’s are always seen; no one said they were useless. Just a hindrance to a particular server, so calm down and read kay?? Thanks. As for their characters. If you don’t know the term ‘in game’ toon, don’t comment on it! They’re playable character, not their super 99 levels. No one attacks anyone with the tag GM-whatever, and who said I don’t like them? I’ve spoken to Lyra, Dunny and Tristan all personally and yes, they’re very nice! They just don’t belong on the NEME server, none of them do! Unmoderated was better – fun. As for playing the game, as its meant to be played. Exactly how is that? Without an opinion?

No, you play the game as it was meant to be played. If you're in a PvP server and someone has a toon that's stronger than your own and they own you just because they can, chalk it up to a lesson learned and play the game..people out there keep complaining that they keep getting killed because high lvl toons keep killing them....well if they're somewhat acquainted with the game then they know what comes in the Neme server....if you're low lvl you get owned extremely often...if you dont like it stop playing..its as simple as that...