Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US free trial - anyone advise me ?

EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Hi

Im going to try this game out by using the 14 day free trial (US veriosn) but im a bit unsure what you actually get wiht it ie what expansions it includes and are you able to play all the available classes  with it. Im also not sure how much they cist if i do have to purchase the expansions.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direciotn

thnks

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

Comments

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281

Everything up to and including Catacombs expansion is included (or is downloadable and installable), so that means all classes cept for the mauler race and class. Expansions go at $19,95 with one month on free play included (so basicly you pay $4,95).

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by DrAtomic

Everything up to and including Catacombs expansion is included (or is downloadable and installable), so that means all classes cept for the mauler race and class. Expansions go at $19,95 with one month on free play included (so basicly you pay $4,95).

More or less what he said.  Download all the expansions upto and including Catacombs.  Run the Catacombs client for the best graphics.  I sugest you go Classic server for greater poupulation.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

Just a heads up they do require you to put your credit card info in there, even though they call it a free 14 day trial. I was going to try this game out as well since it sounds interesting even though its aged but when they wanted my card info I didn't go through with it, whats the point of calling it free when you are asking for my card info? I know they don't bill you but still, I don't like to give out my card info unless I decide to buy something and will never give it away on free 14 day trials.

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Thnks for the info on this guys

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by area84

Just a heads up they do require you to put your credit card info in there, even though they call it a free 14 day trial. I was going to try this game out as well since it sounds interesting even though its aged but when they wanted my card info I didn't go through with it, whats the point of calling it free when you are asking for my card info? I know they don't bill you but still, I don't like to give out my card info unless I decide to buy something and will never give it away on free 14 day trials.

What is the use of letting some do the trial if the have no intention on paying/can't pay if they would decide to like it. Plus it is an age check that way as well keeping the community mature.

• NHO3NHO3 Member Posts: 84

If I were you i would cancel the trial and buy the 5th Anniversary Edition for $25 and have the game plus all expansions.