Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little bit of information about the hardware upgrade from Silirrion

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
I cant give the exact technical specifications on all the new hardware being used, but all the servers are being replaced with brand new dual and quad core machines and the new database solution is a significant improvement in terms of both performance server side and storage capacity. We are also upgrading the version of Oracle that the database servers run on so it is up to date with the latest and most efficient version.

This move literally includes everything being upgraded, the servers are in new racks, with brand new routers, power and redundancy infrastructure.

This will mean that AO is running in as good a production environment as is practically available at the current time. (i.e. not counting the theoretical and ridiculously expensive ) It is a significant investment, and one that we make happily to ensure that AO has a sound basis on which to continue for many years.

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Game Director - Anarchy Online

forums.anarchy-online.com/showpost.php

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Originally posted by grunty

(i.e. not counting the theoretical and ridiculously expensive )

Your telling me. Some of the top SUN systems run over $1 million!