Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape, why it is good and bad.

tweedledumbetweedledumbe Member Posts: 2

Runescape

Good: great for first mmorpg players. lots to work on. LOTS of people. simple controlls and skills.

bad: medium grapics. people always calling u a noob. pures bugging u all the time. TONS OF NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Greenday6212Greenday6212 Member Posts: 15

: There's always a goal, you cant stop, its great to kill some time, especially if ur sitting on ur ass all summer cuz u got nothing to do

: 50% of the community is made up of assholes and scammers.

Gr33nd/\y6212

Nice guys finish last.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

: Its made out of Java, so you can play it anywhere you like around the world, without long loading times, good real quests, lots of skills to do, lots of things to do in general, your not restricted to one class you can change whenever you want, lots of sounds, theres lots of people who play it so you can make friends easily, theres en easy in-game way to report abuse, theres a new clan system/chat, you dont have to pay for anything, or for more content you only have to pay a small fee of $5.00/£3.50 a month, lots of pvp areas, big world, lots of different ways to train your combat up, lots of different monsters...

: There are a lot of macroers. Average graphics.

?

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

: It's free. You can play it anywhere.

: It's boring. It's repetive. It's full of kids. Ugly graphics (Ya, ya, ya, Java blah blah blah), It just plain sucks.

• gman2100gman2100 Member Posts: 94

: Good first time mmo (my personal first), free, play anytime

: Bad: Graphics suck, full of scammers and hackers constantly trying to steal your stuff, extremely young community (annoying), Bad gameplay (compared to other games), full of kids, sucks all around

• airslayerxairslayerx Member Posts: 21

good if it is the first mmo u have ever played, it's challenging, and there are many things u can do, whoever said java, u were right

bad?if ur not a member u don't have access to everything, bad graphics, the dragons look like stick figures, the kalphite queens make ladybugs look a masterpiece....

thats all folks

Originally posted by airslayerx

good if it is the first mmo u have ever played, it's challenging, and there are many things u can do, whoever said java, u were right
    bad?if ur not a member u don't have access to everything, bad graphics, the dragons look like stick figures, the kalphite queens make ladybugs look a masterpiece....
    thats all folks

lol 'challenging'... right :P

• BorderPatrolBorderPatrol Member Posts: 5

Good-First time MMO, Free version

Bad- Bad music, Point-and-click is WAY too simple and easy, no much variety in items, bad graphics, take turns type combat, PvP is often an eat-a-thon, professions(while numerous) are  not very creative and offter too little things to make

Life is hard, so I chose not to have one.

• SkerzySkerzy Member Posts: 18

The lists could go on for ages but ill say a couple for each.

: Ok quests that are fun and creative, lots of different ways to make money and have fun.

:  Horrible community - constant name calling (most of the time noob), bad graphics and sound.

• w00dzmanw00dzman Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Skerzy

The lists could go on for ages but ill say a couple for each.
    : Ok quests that are fun and creative, lots of different ways to make money and have fun.
    :  Horrible community - constant name calling (most of the time noob), bad graphics and sound.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Has skills that are hard to find anywhere else: farming, herbology etc so good crafting.  It's easy and doesnt require much thinking. Humorous quests that are far FAR FAR... (and once more far) from "Kill 20 boars on the nearby hill". Java.

Community. Doesnt require much thinking.  Combat is repetative and passive.  Level locked. 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SeNsaToR1337SeNsaToR1337 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Strengths - Great first timer MMO, easy to level, a huge range of skills and paths to chose, not class restricted (you can do anything you want and change your mind.), well thought out, large range of things to do.

Weaknesses - Delay in clicks, interface, immature community, lack of hotkeys, click-style game.

My 2 Cents - They should expand RS to a client, the graphics don't have to be fancy, but they really need to move away from the Java based game. They need to split the younger age groups away from the older ones, perhaps they should be able to play together in the wildy. It should be more interactive, no more of this click here to attack and click here to eat some shark crap. PvP needs to improve dramatically, I mean all you do is attack, eat some shark, attack some more, eat some more shark... It's a battle of who can safe the most.

Originally posted by SeNsaToR1337

Strengths - Great first timer MMO, easy to level, a huge range of skills and paths to chose, not class restricted (you can do anything you want and change your mind.), well thought out, large range of things to do.

Weaknesses - Delay in clicks, interface, immature community, lack of hotkeys, click-style game.

My 2 Cents - They should expand RS to a client, the graphics don't have to be fancy, but they really need to move away from the Java based game. They need to split the younger age groups away from the older ones, perhaps they should be able to play together in the wildy. It should be more interactive, no more of this click here to attack and click here to eat some shark crap. PvP needs to improve dramatically, I mean all you do is attack, eat some shark, attack some more, eat some more shark... It's a battle of who can safe the most.

If they did manage to follow your 2 cents, the game would come a looooong way, and its exactly what they need to do.  Also, if they started charging more kids would stop playing (why dont you think theyre are communities full of kids in better games? because of the 15 a month pay).  Also, if they made some more in depth quests it would be alot better. The quests have no depth whatsoever.

Originally posted by gman2100

If they did manage to follow your 2 cents, the game would come a looooong way, and its exactly what they need to do.  Also, if they started charging more kids would stop playing (why dont you think theyre are communities full of kids in better games? because of the 15 a month pay).  Also, if they made some more in depth quests it would be alot better. The quests have no depth whatsoever.

Think about what you said. If they starting charging more, a lot of people would stop playing, which will lead to less money for jagex to update the game, as well as pay there employers.

And about the quests i dont really know what you mean the quests in Rs is one of the things that make it good so plz explain what u meant by that.

?

Originally posted by AkaJetson

Originally posted by gman2100

Think about what you said. If they starting charging more, a lot of people would stop playing, which will lead to less money for jagex to update the game, as well as pay there employers.

And about the quests i dont really know what you mean the quests in Rs is one of the things that make it good so plz explain what u meant by that.

First of all, if they start charging more they can improve the game dramatically, leading to a much more mature community entering.  If the graphics and combat can be improved then they would be able to charge more, get rid of all the annoying 7 year olds, attract a more mature community, and produce an overall better game.

What I mean is a main storyline, so the quests have a point.  Not just wandering around finding guys with little blue stars above their heads and doing what they tell you, not simply "go get me 1 clay, 1 iron, and 1 gold ore and you can use my anvils" or "Find some garlic and go kill the vampire"... these quests are ok and everything but they lack a point, the game has no storyline to the world.  I already know what your going to say "its better than 'kill 20 boars'" Well in a way, yes and no.  Yes the runescape quests i mentioned above are more interesting, but in games that have 'kill 20 boars' both graphics and combat are greatly improved, making it much more interesting to kill those boars.  Its much more fun to throw a ball of fire at a boar than to click a spell, click the boar, and watch a little drop of some reddish-watery substance hit the boar, and have a little number 3 show up on the boars body.

edit: I suppose runescapes combat really does it for me, ruins it all.  If you put the vampire quest in a real game it would be pretty awesome, but watching your guy 'attack' the vampire by moving his sword up and down or 'cast a spell' by shooting a little white glob at the vampire is a waste of time to me.

• apothas185apothas185 Member Posts: 66

good first time mmo quite a variety of skills dont need to download

extremely repetetiv, combat boring,skills useles,not enough quests,no guild system or group system,one race,no classes,90%grinding,propostarous age raiting,crap graphics,only one posable pet only 4 members,no combat pets,not anough equipment varitys,no splatering blood, char customosation is crap,not enough geography,hav 2 pay 4 good stuff,lose ur stuf when u die,no more stuff to do at max level

^^ For the above post

Well actually they've added a clan/guild system...

No classes? They've made it good in the way that your not restricted to one class so you can change anytime you want (warrior ranger and mage).

If you think the skills are useless perhaps you'd like to suggest one to Jagex?

"Hav to pay for good stuff"  Well DUH they arent gonna make you pay for crap stuff or no one would pay.

"lose ur stuff when u die" In a way its challenging, you go to the wilderness at your own risk, you get a message warning you that you're about to enter it  and you have to cross a ditch. If you dont like losing your stuff, try duel arena or fight pits or castle wars.

Well these are my opinions

?

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by apothas185

good first time mmo quite a variety of skills dont need to download
    extremely repetetiv, combat boring,skills useles,not enough quests,no guild system or group system,one race,no classes,90%grinding,propostarous age raiting,crap graphics,only one posable pet only 4 members,no combat pets,not anough equipment varitys,no splatering blood, char customosation is crap,not enough geography,hav 2 pay 4 good stuff,lose ur stuf when u die,no more stuff to do at max level

Well, losing stuff is how PvP in Runescape is profitable.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• Judasgoat98Judasgoat98 Member UncommonPosts: 158

:Free.

:Bad Graphics, immature little kids, terrible animations, click to move, macroers, hackers, subscription fee lol, sucks dick.