Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why do you think people fell in olve? ?

hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

people love someone but in the last page of their story, love turns to hate. .

why ? ?

Comments

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

Provide an example- What are you going off of?

• Passion. If you love someone very passionately and somethings sours it, it can become just as intense hatred.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by hotpie

why ?
    That's not how it ends for everyone.

Sometimes you gotta go through some pain before you find the right one

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Athl

The opposite to love is not hate, it's indifference.

hmm, i always heard that the opposite of love was apathy

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Enigma

why ?

love is like faith, it can't be given, taken, or made you have to find it.

and for those who are lucky enough to find it, life becomes more beautiful every day.

wow i cant believe i just said that..........

i remember when i would post about things like filling a toilet bowls water into clear gelatin.....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666

Love is merely emotional weakness, allowing someone in so they can rip your still warm beating heart from your chest, take a large bite out of it, swallow and return it to your chest, all while feeling it is perfectly fine that they do so.  Even after leaving you for dead, bleeding profusely, they will feel they have yet to get their fill, returning to give you sustenance, attempting and hoping to bring you back to decent health, after which they will again proceed to suck every last drop of care and affection from your now limp body. 

The same steps will be followed by each new person you meet, yet like any chemical addiction, your ability to make a logical and cognitive decision will be absolutely engulfed by loneliness and the miniscule possibility that this person may actually show the same passion and tenderness that you lavish upon every single individual you have even the slightest fondness for.

- Burying Threads Since 1979 -

Originally posted by tunabun

Love is merely emotional weakness, allowing someone in so they can rip your still warm beating heart from your chest, take a large bite out of it, swallow and return it to your chest, all while feeling it is perfectly fine that they do so.  Even after leaving you for dead, bleeding profusely, they will feel they have yet to get their fill, returning to give you sustenance, attempting and hoping to bring you back to decent health, after which they will again proceed to suck every last drop of care and affection from your now limp body. 
    The same steps will be followed by each new person you meet, yet like any chemical addiction, your ability to make a logical and cognitive decision will be absolutely engulfed by loneliness and the miniscule possibility that this person may actually show the same passion and tenderness that you lavish upon every single individual you have even the slightest fondness for.

<puts cotton in ears>

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by Enigma

why ?

maybe your right . .but love is unfair . .

• AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by tunabun

sounds like someone just ripped your heart out...or you are in the Sith Academy.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• serjndestroyserjndestroy Member Posts: 69

They fall in olive because they don't sweep their floors? (this hurts me more than it hurts you, trusts}

Hail DnDOnlinegames!

• CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599

It doesn't always turn into hate.  Example, I still love my guitar.  It's still awesome after allll these years.

Now my ex on the other hand....

But you just have to keep looking until you find the right one.  Fact of the matter is there's a lot of shady people nowadays, it goes for girls just as much as guys.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I hate to say, but it is human nature to hate (see).

It is more difficult to love than it is to hate.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by Dekron

Funny thing is I always thought hate implied tolerance.

You can say oh...I hate this or I hate that, but you put up with whatever it is.

A "Love/Hate Relationship" for example....love them or hate them you still tolerate them.

I prefer to love and be loved by my wife, it is easier for me than trying to hate or hold grudges against others.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Originally posted by Dekron

A "Love/Hate Relationship" for example....love them or hate them you still tolerate them.

That's where I think it is easier to hate. You must put forth more of an effort to have a loving relationship. It would be just easier to say "I hate all these annoyances. F You, I am leaving!".

It takes more to love than hate.

• letum6030letum6030 Member Posts: 206

Someone once said, "love is giving someone the key to your heart and trusting them not to destroy you."  This, of course, refers to romantic love.  Traditionally, the love between a man and a wife.  This, I believe, is the type of love the OP was talking about.  With that being said, I'll only skirt the other types of love.

Romeo and Juliet are a good example of love.  Sure they are fictional characters, but that doesn't make them anything less than a good example.  They die for eachother because they can't live without the other.  Like Shakespeare said, they were a pair of "star-crossed lovers".  You may be wondering where I am going from here with this.  The truth is, I have no clue.  That's the beauty of it. 

For those of you who have posted about the evils of love, I'm sorry for your experiences.  I too have had my share of this.  But, I have realized that it only made me appreciate love more.  The woman that "ripped out" your heart didn't love you.  She may have said it, but she sure as hell didn't feel it or mean it.  You may have genuinely loved her, but she didn't love you.  Ask yourself what you loved about her?  If you can answer it quickly and come up with a few things you're doing well, right?  Wrong.  Ask yourself, could you live life happily without her?  If you say yes, then was it truly love or an infatuation?  The thing that happens when people are happy with someone, they assume it's love.  This feeling of comfort washes over them.  Comfort is not love.  Although you will feel comortable, at times, with the person you do love.

I'm at work otherwise I'd re-write my essay on this topic.  So what I'll do is paraphrase.  If two people really love eachother, then they will be together, no matter what.  Even if things suck, even when you hate your job, if you're with the person you love, you'll manage. When you truly love someone, you'll feel inspired.  You will want to change your life so that both of you can enjoy your time together.  Although you may not be able to, you sure as hell will try.  And because you try, they'll try with you.  I like to think of a pair of people in love as a symbiotic organism.  Sure they can live apart, but when they're together, they're much better off.   

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I remember asking my Great Grandfaher what love is. He answered it oh so honestly. Its knowing you have someone to come home to and have a plate of chicken ready for you even if you piss them off. Simply put love is the bond between two people which can withstand almost anything and can provide you with the tools to mesh with someone so completely that your one. A lot of people find affection, lust and desire. True love is a lot harder to find. If you get addicted to any of the false loves you can skip from one person to the next for the rest of your life. Oh and by the way, Great Grandfather was married 85 years.

• Love requires work and attention. There are too many who blindly pursue a fairy tale and expect the love to sort everything out. That's how alot of young couples end in divorce and hatred. The moment you take love for granted is the moment you allow its wonder to go unappreciated. Love is never easy, and requires dedication, and even pain. So does anything worthwhile.

I think perhaps people confuse other things for love. They lust after another enough and think they love them, or wind up trapped in a pointless relationship and think that's love. Love goes both ways, if it is given and not returned it isn't really love.

Originally posted by Sawtooth

Love requires work and attention. There are too many who blindly pursue a fairy tale and expect the love to sort everything out. That's how alot of young couples end in divorce and hatred. The moment you take love for granted is the moment you allow its wonder to go unappreciated. Love is never easy, and requires dedication, and even pain. So does anything worthwhile.

I think perhaps people confuse other things for love. They lust after another enough and think they love them, or wind up trapped in a pointless relationship and think that's love. Love goes both ways, if it is given and not returned it isn't really love.

lots of work........

Such as stopping all activities that you used to consider fun.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

The simple predictability of marriage is a huge comfort even if you have to give up a little for a proper relationship.  I remember quitting WoW when I met my hun because I never could find time to game and now things have evened off and we both have time to ourselves. I love coming home and knowing there will be dinner on the table and a warm bed to sleep in. I guess some people just handle being alone better. I couldn't stand the silence. Just dont mess it up! Gah, seeing a marriage unravel is hell enough, let alone living through it.

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

Love is the result of chemicals produced in the brain that are associated with physical attraction, testosterone and oestrogen  aid in the desire to mate, meaning lust.  Then chemicals like dopamine and serotonin give you that love feeling and make you "addicted," to the other person, so love is pretty much like a drug, very much like cocaine.  Longer term relationships are formed due to oxytocin which is released during orgasm.  Of course the ultimate goal of love is to mate and reproduce, just like other animals.

Perhaps some people build tolerances to some of these chemicals, especially oxytocin, and feel the need to find another source to give them the feeling they had before, that might help explain why people fall out of love, and or cheat on each other.  But that is just one possible reason, it may also be a psychological reason in stead of biological, or both.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

I was in love once.

Then I got dumped and my heart was broken.  Very broken.  But I learned something from it all.

I learned that it's really weird how when you're in love with someone you wonder how you could ever survive without them.  Then, if it ends, a few years go by and you wonder where that intensity went.

But there is one thing that has remained and that is the fear of falling in love again.  I don't ever want to be that stupid again.  The pain goes away for sure, but the fear remains.  It's like touching something that is hot and getting burned badly.  You don't go back and touch that again.

I don't know if I just got my heart broken more than most people, but I wonder sometimes how people can put themselves through that again.  I just couldn't do it.

===============================

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Originally posted by CactusmanX

Love is the result of chemicals produced in the brain that are associated with physical attraction, testosterone and oestrogen  aid in the desire to mate, meaning lust.  Then chemicals like dopamine and serotonin give you that love feeling and make you "addicted," to the other person, so love is pretty much like a drug, very much like cocaine.  Longer term relationships are formed due to oxytocin which is released during orgasm.  Of course the ultimate goal of love is to mate and reproduce, just like other animals.
    Perhaps some people build tolerances to some of these chemicals, especially oxytocin, and feel the need to find another source to give them the feeling they had before, that might help explain why people fall out of love, and or cheat on each other.  But that is just one possible reason, it may also be a psychological reason in stead of biological, or both.

Nyah, maybe the lust goes away eventually, but the love doesn't. 

===============================

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

Originally posted by gnomexxx

Originally posted by CactusmanX

Nyah, maybe the lust goes away eventually, but the love doesn't. 

Possibily, I have no frame of reference so I was speaking hypothetically. 

Love is as much a psychological dependence as much as chemical, perhaps the decrease in the lust sensation added with the human desire for better things (including mates) and unresolved common disagreements due to lack of social skills, is what drives people apart and to search for others dispite the love for their mate. hmm...

It would be neat if anyone found some research on this, humans are such odd animals.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit