Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Before Download

I'd like to know more about the gameplay in SWG, before I download 4.5 gb for the free trial. I searched on the website, but it only showed features in the game (such as classes, towns, races, etc.). A response with some information on all the classes (gameplay-wise) would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of making a Spy or Bounty Hunter.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/

Comments

• GrandAmGrandAm Member Posts: 404

I would recommend you go to the official forums and thumb through them.  You can view them without an account.  You just can't post.  Great info there and I'm sure you can find the info you are looking for.

I have not played spy or bounty hunter and can't comment on them.

I have played all four trader classes, medic, and entertainer.

The trader classes are based on what they can make.  It would be easier for you to read about the differences on the official forums.  All traders can do LVL90 combat and be aggroed.  They have no specials for combat however.

The medic is great for PvE I think.  You have the ability to heal yourself and it has some good DOT specials.  Its original purpose in PvP is a support role with the heals.  The medic expertise is great.  You again should look it up on the official forums.

The entertainer is a social class and it is a pre-combat support role for buffs.  You can play it purely non-combat or you can use its expertise point to become a martial artist.  They play musical intruments and dance.  Yes this can be cooler then you think.  They can also change the appearance of other players toons.  It can do pretty well in combat. definately better than a trader in combat.  It is also potentialy the fastest class you can level.

All classes can spend expertise points in a system called Beast Master.  This allows you to create and or control engineered pets.  The pets can reach LVL90 and can make the difference in all sorts of combat.

Again read the official forums. There are guides o' plenty on any subject for the game.

"Suddenly, thousands of Trekies whose heads are full of facts of things like the stardate when the Cardassians farted on Deep Space nine are irrlelevant." - hardcoremoviecritic

• snowmonkysnowmonky Member Posts: 93

Thanks, I'll look into right now. Much appreciated.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/