Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probably the best Online Pirate game there is.

UrAwFuLUrAwFuL Member Posts: 1

Graphics: 8/10

Gameplay: 8/10

Music: 9/10

In-Game Events: 9.5/10 (Theres an event at least once a week)

Items: 8/10

Monsters: 10/10

First of all, I think the graphics were pretty decent. You don't lag as much, only in Argent city when theres more than a hundred people selling stuff all around the city. What sucked was that the viewing angle can only be put in certain ways, other than that its okay. The skill graphics are amazing, the only problem with that is casting it, since it takes almost forever for it to reload. Although, I really like the armor designs, it makes you look like a real cartoon pirate.

The game play rocks, you can dual wield swords, and the way you attack its pretty decent depending on the job. There are many features on this game; you can mine, cut wood, fish, salvage, and set up a stand which you can sell for money and other quests. You can also set sail and explore the vast oceans that seem to never end. The music sounds pretty good and catchy, it would probably be better if they had even more of it. There are endless quests everywhere, depending on your level, but still, you'll be getting quests no matter what. You can also go treasure hunting, its really fun and exciting on you can either get an item, gold, fall into traps, or have a boss spawn right in front of you for your death.

As for in-events, theres always one once a week. And its completely fair for everyone, and its totally worth it. You can get exp, gold, items, item mall points, and lots of other stuff. As for items, there are armors and weapons that you can use for every five levels (meaning that theres a different weapon/armor from level 10,15,20,etc..), plus they all look different depending on the item. As for monsters, their AI is pretty decent. There are many agressive monsters, but sometimes for me, the run away when they know they're gonna die after my first few shots as an archer. The item mall itself has a veriety of items from leveling potions, forging items, decorations for your character such as armors, hats, weapons, and even wings, teleport tickets, and they even have promotions every now and then so that all the items are on sale once in awhile so you can save a lot of money. Well, what sucks about the item mall is that if you're gonna use paypal, your character must be at least level 40, but the other types of payment doesn't have any restrictions. I think that it should be changed and that all levels can use paypal to get item mall points. I think its fair that way, plus they should be getting more money because most people use paypal.

Overall, this is a pretty damn good game.

By the way, my screen name at TOP is "Ur2AwFuL" without the quotes and i'm from the Penguin Isle. Feel free to add me.

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I d/led played for 20 mins .. deleted..

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• malen99malen99 Member Posts: 12

Tales of Pirates is pretty good. I found that a new region was opened today in this game and there will be double exp event. I like this event best!! 

• JTJT Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by Jetrpg

I d/led played for 20 mins .. deleted..

You lasted longer than me.

• Sketch5Sketch5 Member Posts: 101

Is it just me, or does this game not look piratey at all?

It may be a good game, I don't know, but it certainly isn't the best PIRATE game.

Wings? Armor? And the screen shots, those don't look like age of sail buildings.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Sketch5

Is it just me, or does this game not look piratey at all?

It may be a good game, I don't know, but it certainly isn't the best PIRATE game.

Wings? Armor? And the screen shots, those don't look like age of sail buildings.
    WEll i figure id add that pirates of the burning sea, LOOKS AMAZING, its fresh and it looks great .

Its gonna be some what like a more interactive more group/guild friendly EVE.

Totaly player driven economy, character (human) and ship battles (most will be ship), tons of tactics tons of fun .

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

yea the game is pretty good but some people are right if they say

the game doesn't look pirate at all but if TALES OF PIRATES isn't the best

pirate MMORPG then it is a very good pirate MMMORPG

don't you agree people??:):)