Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many have left a Game because for these reasons

Comments

• Little-NemoLittle-Nemo Member Posts: 110

Rude people (the kind that tells you what to do with your mother)?

I saw this alot in World Of Warcraft.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by Little-Nemo

Rude people (the kind that tells you what to do with your mother)?
    I saw this alot in World Of Warcraft.

gw owns in this aspect.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Not enough PvP and simply tired of playing are the reasons why I've left every previous game. Couldn't vote on both though, so I checked "Not enough PvP".

• GadorianGadorian Member Posts: 87

I was totaly bored of doing always same thinks so i just quit

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305

I have left games for all of those reasons. In fact, i have left games for several of those reasons at the same time.

A list of games:

World of Warcraft

Lineage II

Mu Online

Guild Wars

EVE Online

City of Heroes/Villains

Auto Assault....

Imagine the reason for each one

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

As it stand now  Bored and Rude people seem to take the stands by a big margin.

As for rude people i have no idea how to fix that but for being bored that is an easy one to fix.

As for Bored .. Girlfriends are good to solve boredom. (chuckles).  emm they turn into wives that make you wash windows (lol) Clean Ovens ect  ect. which can lead to GREAT rewards.. (chuckles). see there is more to life than Online Gaming.

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305

Originally posted by ZANGFEI

As for rude people i have no idea how to fix that but for being bored that is an easy one to fix.
      As for Bored .. Girlfriends are good to solve boredom. (chuckles).  emm they turn into wives that make you wash windows (lol) Clean Ovens ect  ect. which can lead to GREAT rewards.. (chuckles). see there is more to life than Online Gaming.

Girlfriends spend your resources and sometimes, they block the use of any MMORPG because "their needs" have a higher priority.

I think there should be a more viable solution for bored people.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

About the "get bored": The problem is the market.

If youre game is having fees is because you are paying something "new", not only the maintenance, so they devs MUST put new things in  the game with all the subscriptors money; In mmo they are selling that you have fees cause the game is ever growing and you will not get bored, cause, the game is continuosly improved.

Other way, put a "battlenet" like starcraft and let u s play the game what we played, cause, we payed 30/40$€ for a game that cant be used OFFLINE, so, they are doing NOTHING with the monthly fee that also needs an extra for the espansions? this is ridiculous.

Then, comes wow and got a ridiculous expansion for about 40$/€

And people that is giving fees to blizzard, also buys expansion

Im playing CoX, it got the same problems, I think, I must get my "monthly expansion", as I give them my monthly fee. If you pay 12$/€ everymonth, and it got, how many, 1 thousand subscribers, do you think that if they sold to you the game, and got this fee, they cant put updates? CONTENT updates? CoX, at least, dont need "extra" for expansions, they put "Issues" with new things and events for the monthly fee.

About the "rude people". Let me tell you one thing: I play gw and cox, when I play gw (yesterday) I did a random arena. In the first game a guy was calling me noob (from the other team) cause everyone was death, and just me and a dervish were a alive. but I got less than half life on my bar and he was full, so I start to run and trying to recover life. "noob stop" "noob!!!" etc etc... when I get filled, turn back and killed the dervish... I whispered him and said something funny, not a taunting one. He answered something like: "Suck my d**ck" and he remembers about my mom, after this, he puts me on ignore list. Omw just kidding I said ^_^ just a game, just a random arenas!! bah! everyone in gw is so aggresive.

I played som sirens call, and I fought a blaster and a troller with my dom. I killed them, 2 times blaster and lot more the troller, he was a bit new in pvp. The blaster whispered me (rematch) and we did a rematch when I win he whispered me (nice game!)... it was funny, more or less than the dervish, but the end meands a lot. Almost NEVER found some rude people in city of heroes/city of villains, almost ever people is nice and helps everyone ever they can, almost everyone will give you an insp for free, or two, or all they got, or the enhancements you need or... where did you saw in gw people gived you sometehing free? at the game start, when it got 1 or two weeks there was lot of sccammers... people that only can take advantadge from the "newbies", from the one that more help in need they are...

Do you mean the fee is the difference? dont seems so, cause in wow, almost everyone, says the comunity sucks. Do you think the pvp is different thing: You dont loose nothing in random arena, also, I got some debt in sirens call... Dunno what is exactly the problem with rude people but some games (anarchy online, Shadowbane, CoX...) dont got them while others (Gw at the top, WoW...) got lot of them... about the age, dunno: perhaps, cov is for 16+ and coh is for 12+, so 12+ is not a big difference...

Its not a flame to anything, its just my experience, my opinion in this games and an answer for the OP on what to do about rude people and people that get bored of the game. So treat it this way please.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

I left UO because I got bored with it.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I already have a husband and he's never cleaned the over!  I don't think I need a girlfriend... a housekeeper would be nice, though.  Anyway, eventually I just get bored of the game and wander off.  As for PvP, lack of PvP, quests, etc... I usually know the premise of the game before I start and wouldn't choose a game that didn't fit my criteria, anyway.   We have enough gamer friends that we usually have a good idea of whether or not we'll like a game when we're not quite sure, too.  I usually get at least several months of play out of a game before it starts getting tedious or too grindy for me, some more, a couple less.  I think that's decent value for my money. 

• AbIeLAbIeL Member UncommonPosts: 152

all mmo's gets me bored quick, i cant never play more then 6 months. i'll get tired of doing the samething everyday

Originally posted by Signe

I already have a husband and he's never cleaned the over!  I don't think I need a girlfriend... a housekeeper would be nice, though.  Anyway, eventually I just get bored of the game and wander off.  As for PvP, lack of PvP, quests, etc... I usually know the premise of the game before I start and wouldn't choose a game that didn't fit my criteria, anyway.   We have enough gamer friends that we usually have a good idea of whether or not we'll like a game when we're not quite sure, too.  I usually get at least several months of play out of a game before it starts getting tedious or too grindy for me, some more, a couple less.  I think that's decent value for my money. 

Are you telling me you don't mess up the Oven or he wont clean it . (rofl trying to stir the pot here) (chuckles). How come i have to clean the oven after she cooks Somzing not right here... PLEASE explain... looks over shoulder.....making sure she not looking. :)

A  staggering 61% of the Votes are from Bored people. And one that Cannot get her hubby to Clean the Oven, I say we FLOG em :) ROFL. (claps hands that he can get away with it.) . 

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by AtrusV

I have left games for all of those reasons. In fact, i have left games for several of those reasons at the same time.

A list of games:

World of Warcraft - Too much PvP
    Lineage II - THe graphics were too powerfull
    Mu Online - As above
    Guild Wars - Too mature community
    EVE Online - Too little PvP
    City of Heroes/Villains - Too Much Content
    Auto Assault....  - To much like EvE

Imagine the reason for each one

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Other, I quit MMOs after basic game mechanics get changed to appease whiners.

• FalelornfaleFalelornfale Member Posts: 53

Not Enough PVP - never

Too Much PvP - WoW - level 60s camping your level 15 corpse.. ohh so tough

Not Enough Quests - Lord of the Rings Online

Quests to Long to Read - Never

Game World to Small - Never

To Far to Go - Never (bigger the better)

Rude People - WoW, Guild Wars

To Hard to Understand - Never

To Much Cheating - WoW, WoW, WoW, and WoW

Just Bored - Lord of the Rings Online, EQ2, WoW

Playing EQ2
    Quit - LotRO, EQ, EQOA, EvE, FFXI, DAoC, TitD, AO, AC1, AC2, AA, CoH, CoV, D&L, DS, DDO, EA, GW, HZ, IW, L1, L2, M59, UO, MoM, MoUL, N2, RS, RO, RoE, RYL, SB, SO, SWG, MxO, UO, VSoH, WoW

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

I have left most of my games because of raiding, was surprised that wasn't an option.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• Wraith0Wraith0 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Eventually I always get bored with these MMo's.  Sometimes it takes years other times just a few a months.

• SLizer6893SLizer6893 Member Posts: 194
    The only reason I can leave a game, is if it sucks, I dont mean like looks bad, I would play a 2D mmo if it was fun enough, but if a game has poor gameplay, a rude community, and even worse lore, I can not play it, only reason I play WoW, is because I solo, don't talk in raids, and just kind of play. I'm not anti social just every in WoW seemed to have an attitude or they were 6 years old.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Originally posted by Signe

Are you telling me you don't mess up the Oven or he wont clean it . (rofl trying to stir the pot here) (chuckles). How come i have to clean the oven after she cooks Somzing not right here... PLEASE explain... looks over shoulder.....making sure she not looking. :)

Hah!  He would clean, if I made a fuss, but my husband is The Great Procrastinator.  Plus, although he works mostly from home these days, he works very long sessions, sometimes.  I haven't had a job for years, at first because we travel so much for his job and now... well... just because.  He does everything related to work, car or heavy stuff, though.  Also, I have an oven that is very, very easy to clean.  Thank God.  By the way, I cook almost every day.  I love to cook.

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

I quit Phantasy Start Online for Xbox because of duping, very few people legitamatly played the game, and if you didn't dupe you are at a severe disadvantage.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Plain and simple boredom.

I always end up frantically searching for something new and exciting.  Like right now, I'm beta testing Warhammer Online and Tabula Rasa.  But.. I'd rather spend my time waiting for Drift City :S

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I go through MMOS like kleenex.

I can only shoot for the next set of armor, and grind for so long.

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Amarao

I go through MMOS like kleenex.
    I can only shoot for the next set of armor, and grind for so long.

I can so relate to that.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Rude people, boredom and lack of PvP made me quit WoW. I put down boredom for the poll, however.