Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Immortals Online in Open Beta - DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME: HERES WHY

Just a heads up to everyone. ImmortalsUSA is being run by Edward Andercheck who owns EI or Pixel Magic or New Game World or whatever they're calling themselves lately.  I'm sure this post will be deleted very soon so warn everyone.  

First of all: Their account creation and login servers ARE NOT SECURED.  They ignore federal law on everyone of their games.  Your data is not going through a secured network when you make up your password and User ID.  They did the same on Horizons and that other game of theirs Savage Eden

Check out this Link to see what kind of practices Edward Andercheck and EI - New Game Worlds partakes in.  

http://outofthemouth.blogspot.com/2006/09/ei-interactive-dude-we-want-to-steal.html

They are crooks and EI is still charging people for Horizons even though they no longer own it. It is now owned by Virtrium - made up of original Tulga members.

I know this game is free but be VERY careful when dealing with this company.  You will find that they triple charge you and won't let you cancel accounts that they keep charging you for, not to mention their not using secure servers.  I've been burned by these guys, I along with others paid a 6 month to a years worth of subscriptions to EI for horizons back a few months ago when they owned it and now that they no longer own it, they will not work with Virtrium or anyone to give refunds or anything. I had to call my bank and credit card company to get rid of their charges.  Not to mention that they charged me twice for it, ridiculous.  I'm not a troll or a liar.  It's free so have fun but be very very careful if money ever comes into the picture and be very careful what passwords and ID's you use on their games. 

Comments

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Hehe:

The ImmortalsUSA website is currently down

for maintenance.  The site will be back

online at approximately 3:00 PM EDT.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• imrodusimrodus Member Posts: 37

edited: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

• AiensanAiensan Member Posts: 3

Thx for the tip..

The game in it self seems kinda cheap, but will try it to confirm.

Liek... I pwnd u

• SLizer6893SLizer6893 Member Posts: 194
    I played this game, it is not bad, I could not play it constantly sorry, I am very very picky, and its only Open Beta but whatever it was fun, and it seems like a game we need to watch and add to game list

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

well since this is nice, i will try this game

• melachimelachi Member Posts: 37

Can't stand that graphics style.

• Necroscope84Necroscope84 Member Posts: 54

I'm sorry I started this thread, please do not play Immortals USA, here's why:

Just a heads up to everyone. ImmortalsUSA is being run by Edward Andercheck who owns EI or Pixel Magic or New Game World or whatever they're calling themselves lately.  I'm sure this post will be deleted very soon so warn everyone.  

First of all: Their account creation and login servers ARE NOT SECURED.  They ignore federal law on everyone of their games.  Your data is not going through a secured network when you make up your password and User ID.  They did the same on Horizons and that other game of theirs Savage Eden

Check out this Link to see what kind of practices Edward Andercheck and EI - New Game Worlds partakes in.  

http://outofthemouth.blogspot.com/2006/09/ei-interactive-dude-we-want-to-steal.html

They are crooks and EI is still charging people for Horizons even though they no longer own it. It is now owned by Virtrium - made up of original Tulga members.

I know this game is free but be VERY careful when dealing with this company.  You will find that they triple charge you and won't let you cancel accounts that they keep charging you for, not to mention their not using secure servers.  I've been burned by these guys, I along with others paid a 6 month to a years worth of subscriptions to EI for horizons back a few months ago when they owned it and now that they no longer own it, they will not work with Virtrium or anyone to give refunds or anything. I had to call my bank and credit card company to get rid of their charges.  Not to mention that they charged me twice for it, ridiculous.  I'm not a troll or a liar.  It's free so have fun but be very very careful if money ever comes into the picture and be very careful what passwords and ID's you use on their games. 

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

I loved the game , but during open / closed beta , there was alot of Lost Chaos people (former gms and stuff) that would rant on alot of stuff. This one guy , I dont remember his in game now , spent 3 hours, how about wel connected to the owner he was , how was gonna get gm powers and belittle fellow gamers.

Came to a ahead when I reported him , and got dismissed , he then begin to appear as mod on the boards. Even when he become  whatever his new title , I found him to be a super creep , he unnerved me everytime he spoke and he dragged the game down. I like the GM , his wife , and most of the other folks..

But last time I saw this kinda behavior , abuse and neglect followed quickly. There was no one to speak to about his on going behavior and his treatment. I think about 25 of left, shortly there after and I m sad to say the game was alot of fun.

• imrodusimrodus Member Posts: 37

im one of the ones who had fun in this game (i posted earlier)

but i have changed my mind now, the community is way too small so theyr very picky and strict unless you kiss theyr a$$ and do w.e they want to do,

the mods and GM's are inactive and all corrupt being run by the "big" players

there also were a series of hacks and cheats which we not taken care for  LOOONG time and many players including mods took advantage of it and the gm's didnt say a thing

do not play this game

• JMichaelJMichael Member Posts: 22

I'll post this again since you think you must post that again...

Steven said...

Hello,

I kindly ask that people do not drag your hate for Ed or horizon F*** ups to New Game World or Immortals.

My name is on that press release to, and my company has an untarnished name and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I am handling the business development for NGW and I asure anyone that the company is sound.

I took a lot of flack when i signed on with Ed and his new company. I knew about the horizon's issue and is actually when i contacted him to offer my services to fix all his mistakes and that is when he told me about New Game world.

Horizans is a big mess. I and New Game world have nothing to do with it.

New Game World is separate from EI. and in fact the only linking factor is Ed's venture captiol.

Once again I would ask you all not to bring your personal feelings to this new game and company and refrain from spamming MY forums.

If anyone would like to speak privately , please feel free to email me at: [email protected] and put Out of the mouth as a subject

9:19 PM  
  • OlomskyOlomsky Member Posts: 24

Yeah, I don't play this game

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by JMichael

I'll post this again since you think you must post that again...

Steven said...

Hello,

I kindly ask that people do not drag your hate for Ed or horizon F*** ups to New Game World or Immortals.

My name is on that press release to, and my company has an untarnished name and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I am handling the business development for NGW and I asure anyone that the company is sound.

I took a lot of flack when i signed on with Ed and his new company. I knew about the horizon's issue and is actually when i contacted him to offer my services to fix all his mistakes and that is when he told me about New Game world.

Horizans is a big mess. I and New Game world have nothing to do with it.

New Game World is separate from EI. and in fact the only linking factor is Ed's venture captiol.

Once again I would ask you all not to bring your personal feelings to this new game and company and refrain from spamming MY forums.

If anyone would like to speak privately , please feel free to email me at: [email protected] and put Out of the mouth as a subject
    Sounds like damage control to me, and nothing else.

What does it say about a person who knows that Ed Andercheck is a liar, a thief, and a general disgrace to the gaming world, yet they still partner up with him for "venture capital"? 

It says to me that the developer cares more about the money than the game or his reputation.

Ed Andercheck + any involvement with any game = failed game, no matter what game it is.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Anyway, this game plainly sucks.

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by JMichael I'll post this again since you think you must post that again...Steven said... Hello, I kindly ask that people do not drag your hate for Ed or horizon F*** ups to New Game World or Immortals. My name is on that press release to, and my company has an untarnished name and I would prefer to keep it that way. I am handling the business development for NGW and I asure anyone that the company is sound.I took a lot of flack when i signed on with Ed and his new company. I knew about the horizon's issue and is actually when i contacted him to offer my services to fix all his mistakes and that is when he told me about New Game world. Horizans is a big mess. I and New Game world have nothing to do with it. New Game World is separate from EI. and in fact the only linking factor is Ed's venture captiol. Once again I would ask you all not to bring your personal feelings to this new game and company and refrain from spamming MY forums.If anyone would like to speak privately , please feel free to email me at: [email protected] and put Out of the mouth as a subject
    Sounds like damage control to me, and nothing else.
    What does it say about a person who knows that Ed Andercheck is a liar, a thief, and a general disgrace to the gaming world, yet they still partner up with him for "venture capital"?
    It says to me that the developer cares more about the money than the game or his reputation.

Ed Andercheck + any involvement with any game = failed game, no matter what game it is.

When you throw in a few related facts, it seems pretty clear that damage control is exactly what they are doing.

1. Savage Eden and My Game Haven are now both properties of New World Games - they both formerly belonged to EII.

2. EII was supposedly "purchased" by Pixel Magic. A search of corporations across a few secstate sites shows that Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation was formed 14 November 2006 and that they went into default status on 1 January 2007.

Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation

3. Ed Andercheck was the chairman of EII; he was also one of the listed directors of Pixel Magic. Now we also know that he at least provided investment capital for New Game World.

4. A search of corporations at a few secstate sites reveals that New Game World, Inc. was formed 4 May 2007, just a few short months before Horizons was legally sold to Virtrium (18 July 2007) and only four months after Pixel Magic went into default (1 January 2007).

Delaware Business Search
    (Just type in New Game World Inc in the search box).

Now considering that EII (which supposedly no longer exists having been "purchased" by Pixel Magic which apparently also no longer exists) has:

A. Continued to draw subscription funds for a product which they no longer own

B. Overbilled client subscriptions

C. Failed to provide secure billing

D. Failed to support the product (Horizons)

E. Allowed one server (Unity) to be shut down in January of 2007 due to fiscal mismanagement which was not brought back up to date, nor characters transferred to a North American server, as promised by EII

How can they expect those in the gaming community not to make every attempt to warn their fellow gamers to stay away from what appears to be a money-grubbing corporate shell game which has already done great harm to previous clients?

If "Steven" didn't want to be guilty by association in the eyes of gamers, he should have considered his company's reputation before they accepted investment capital from Andercheck - if that is the actual limit of Andercheck's involvement, which I personally doubt.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• Z[MMOsmart]Z[MMOsmart] ATITD RepresentativeMember UncommonPosts: 82

You can call it damage control or whatever you like.

The fact of the matter is EI  has nothing to do with  New Game World.  No matter how you try and spin it.

As my last comment has already been posteda few times, I wont ramble on.

_Steve

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

You already begun making horrible business decision in close / open beta. I m sorry the Last Chaos crap , and being told by a  staff to  deal with it.. no that breeds abuse. I m more than willing to give ya a fair shake , I liked 3 of the GMs , help report and kill botters. But you got some really creepy "friends", after the wipe he was mod on the forums and in game he abusive to people.

Poorly trained people handling customers or just gamers isnt fun. And being belittle or "told off" by someone who is suppose to help you dont fly with me.

I honestly dont care about business partners and stuff, MMORPG mirco payment community are all seedy and shady people , for the most part. I ve never had any problem with Savage Eden , I thought you were doing good with Immortals, until this guy showed up.

I wish ya the best of luck, I dont want see your game fail nor do i want to start rumors , you should be given a fair shake.

Originally posted by Azure77

You already begun making horrible business decision in close / open beta. I m sorry the Last Chaos crap , and being told by a  staff to  deal with it.. no that breeds abuse. I m more than willing to give ya a fair shake , I liked 3 of the GMs , help report and kill botters. But you got some really creepy "friends", after the wipe he was mod on the forums and in game he abusive to people.
         Poorly trained people handling customers or just gamers isnt fun. And being belittle or "told off" by someone who is suppose to help you dont fly with me.

I honestly dont care about business partners and stuff, MMORPG mirco payment community are all seedy and shady people , for the most part. I ve never had any problem with Savage Eden , I thought you were doing good with Immortals, until this guy showed up.

I wish ya the best of luck, I dont want see your game fail nor do i want to start rumors , you should be given a fair shake.

I really want to know who you had a problem with?,Was the name Iatchi or GurillaProject?

I would really like to find this "bad apple" you are talking of...

• Necroscope84Necroscope84 Member Posts: 54

No matter what this company calls themselves, they're still EI as far as I'm concerned.  You talk about giving Immortals a fair chance and to view it on it's own terms. Ok, let's do that.  Why don't you explain to ALL of us here why Immortals uses an NON-SECURE site for sign up's?  How's that for a fair shake?  EVERY single player of Immortals has conceivably had their personal information compromised.  Just like EI did with Savage Eden and Horizons, they now do with Immortals. 

Plus, you went into business with Ed Andercheck.  The man is a crook, a liar, a scam artist and should be investigated for numerous things including fraud, theft, probably tax evasion, and numerous other illegal practices.  Does anyone else find it funny that as soon as the word starts getting out about his companies that he goes and changes the names?  EI turned into Pixel Magic and now New Worlds and there's probably been half a dozen other company names that we don't even know about.  Now that's fishy.  Would you do any kind of investing with a company that changed it's name every few days?  Hell no you wouldn't so I ask all of you to not invest into any of New Worlds products.  You will at the least have your information compromised and at the most get completely ripped off.  I don't care if the games free, they will have a cash shop and I guarantee that they won't use a secured site for that either.  If you put your credit card on anything involving this company then be prepared for the eventuality that you may have your identity stolen.

And then there's the fact that they let their "buddies" run their games and grant power to people who don't deserve it.  There's alot of bullying going on in all of EI / Pixel Magic / New World's games.  I don't trust you'll and never will.  You ARE Guilty by association. You know what kind of person Ed Andercheck is and you still did business with him.  There's a billion other people other there to do buisness with so why him?  I'll tell you why, because you don't care.  Because you're like minded and because you are a crook and want to learn from the best.   I can't see any other reason for you to team up with him.  So save your pathetic speeches because I don't care and I WILL continue to let people know what kind of Crooks they're dealing with when it comes to New Worlds.  You can talk all you want about having nothing to do with Ed Andercheck but  since he's the owner of New Worlds and Immortals is a New Worlds game then you have everything to do with him. 

No matter what this company calls themselves, they're still EI as far as I'm concerned.  You talk about giving Immortals a fair chance and to view it on it's own terms. Ok, let's do that.  Why don't you explain to ALL of us here why Immortals uses an NON-SECURE site for sign up's?  How's that for a fair shake?  EVERY single player of Immortals has conceivably had their personal information compromised.  Just like EI did with Savage Eden and Horizons, they now do with Immortals. 

Not to sound like a Smartass, but "OZMG they hacked da site and now knows my name and birthdate! WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOOO?"

It's not like the game asked for thier DL# and a copy of thier most recent pay stub...I won't comment much about the other part b/c I know very little, All I hear though is the Mr. Andercheck just fills out the paychecks.

Try Immortals, you just might like it... did I mention it's free? So theres no way someones gunna scam you outta money if you don't give them your information.

As for EI = NGW, explain please? How can one person make two different businesses be the same thing. That would be like me quitting the party store I work at and going to a new job and everyone calling where I work the same place.

You have yet to prove to me that there is more than one person working there from EI.

• Z[MMOsmart]Z[MMOsmart] ATITD RepresentativeMember UncommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by Azure77

Hello, Azure, Azurul from LC? I assume. I'm not sure what LC crap you refer to, but I left that company 3 months ago to start New Game World, Inc.

What problems are you having with the Immortals staff though?

A

• FenerelFenerel Member Posts: 4

I also had horrible experiences with EI and Ed Andercheck.

These people are totally crooks. I had a great time with Horizons until Tulga sold to EI. It was all downhill from there. It was an absolute nightmare getting them to stop billing me for Horizons.

STAY AWAY!

Curious, what does ATITD have to do with NGW and Ed Andercheck. Since I keep seeing a "ATITD Representative" commenting/replying, and ATITD has had it's own share of customer complaints involving corrupt/unfair GMs and preference being shown to players who are friends of the GMs, thought I'd ask.

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

I think that a lot of people are being irresponsible with their comments and have no way of knowing what they are talking about.

Kinda like blowing up a city to kill one man...

You should ask questions before jumping to conclusions and then shouting about it publically... maybe you're right, but maybe you're full of crap and damaging peoples reputations because of it.

Why does it have to be that the bad guy is corrupting the good, instead of the good guy cleansing the bad?

Originally posted by LouiseK
    You should ask questions before jumping to conclusions and then shouting about it publically... maybe you're right, but maybe you're full of crap and damaging peoples reputations because of it.

With Ed Anderchecks' history concerning his involvement of any kind with mmos, anyone who still does business with him in any fashion in regards to their own game development ruins their own reputation faster than any of us could ever accomplish.

Originally posted by LouiseK

I think that a lot of people are being irresponsible with their comments and have no way of knowing what they are talking about.
    Kinda like blowing up a city to kill one man...
    Why does it have to be that the bad guy is corrupting the good, instead of the good guy cleansing the bad?

Thats what I'm trying to say, Why drag down a good companys named just b/c one person?

And Zorven, to asnwer your question from before. Z[MMOSmart] is the publisher of Immortals. That would be why he was posting.

[EDIT] Let me make this clear, I am not supporting Andercheck... I would hate the man had he done the same thigns to me. But I guess i'm just saying "Hate the Player, not the Game". NGW has not done anything to you, don't slander thier name.