Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video card that can decently play this game

Not looking at the top of the line video card that costs me more than my salary I earn in a year. Something 200-300 dollars.

Specs: 3500+ AMD processor (2.2 ghz)

1 gig of ram DDR ( looking to add another gig)

128 MB ati radeon x300 SE ( This is the video card im replacing, complete garbage)

Windows XP

Your help is appreciated :)

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

www.newegg.com

you can always look there .... click the video card tab and then click the price range tab that best fits you

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• IbextoIbexto Member Posts: 277

If  you like ATI,  I sugest the x1650pro 512, thats what I have an its a great little card that will only cost you about $150-$200.

Also, I would seriously consider upgradinng your ram to 2GB, you'd really be surprised by how much that will make a difference.

Cheers.

• vaizardvaizard Member Posts: 130

Yea I was planning to upgrade it to 2 gigs a while ago, just got lazy. Alright thanks for the tip Ill look into that video card

• foulu625foulu625 Member Posts: 177

Get a Gigabyte 8600GT. It's 142 dollars and comes with supreme commander. Not only is it DX10 compatable, but it's pretty nice and powerful too.

• FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by foulu625

Get a Gigabyte 8600GT. It's 142 dollars and comes with supreme commander. Not only is it DX10 compatable, but it's pretty nice and powerful too.
    Agreed.  nVIDIA 8600 GT(S) is a very well-made graphics card.  It will be great for many years.

May I suggest you view this page for all the nVIDIA cards, it shows descriptions of what they do, retail prices, and everything else you need to know.

www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html

This is the ultimate page for finding the best card for you.  But, like I said, suggestion is already there.  Why else is the 8600 advertised in all the BestBuy and CircuitCity pages? lol

Good luck!