Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Classes!

Hey everyone,

Well I played old-school DAOC, and I figured with AoC getting bumped again.. Daoc makes the most sense for now.. at least end of Q1 08! So here is my question, and I'de appreciate honest feedback! Okay will I'm coming back and as always I just can't decide what to role! I figure I want to have something exciting and good in pvp. I heard they revamped archery which is a possibility, but I also remember the friar class.. such a good solo-er and all around badass imo.. except when it came to pvp.. Are friars still the lost puppies in pvp? Now please remember I played old-school for a LONG time.. and friars pwned in pve, but without a doubt lacked in pvp. Thoughts? Maybe I would be better off going with archer class? Oh and if anyone has an active guild with vent throw me a message I'll be looking for some people to hit up instances with! Thanks

Comments

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

Friars are still great at soloing, even in RvR they solo well. If you play classic I would imagine people would invite you to groups fairly often due to your buffs. Having never played a friar though, I cannot say for sure.

As for leveling, do not go to instances. Maybe hit some for aurulite (aurulite instances are the ones found in catacombs or mainland dungeons), but task dungeons are far from the best experience nowadays. Classic areas and SI areas have a 150% bonus to experience and NF areas (this includes battlegrounds and DF) have a 200% bonus to experience.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• BadTBadT Member Posts: 84

I agree with the no dungeons, they simply do not offer the best areas. You can also do a search for daoc leveling areas , there are a ton of lists out there.

A friar is a good overall choice for soloing and rvr action. I like the Reaver myself.

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

Lol, I remember grinding 40-50 in Avalon back in the day, that was the ONLY place to get good loot and lvl's before catacombs.

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners