Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

48 hour downtime beginning August 7th for server

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

From the AO launcher:

Upcoming downtime

Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka,

We will have a significant period of downtime next week, provisionally starting on Tuesday 7th of August and lasting for approximately 48 hours. This is to allow us to transfer the live servers to an all new state of the art production environment. Exact times and details on the downtime will be announced within the next few days.

Funcom Support Team

Also, here are the patch notes for 17.5, being implemented with the new server structure:

17.5 Update Preview

The main content updates in the 17.5 version will be the addition of new quest series to the Penumbra playfield, including a new team instanced playfield and a new unique team instanced encounter for high-level players on Rubi-Ka.

The Mysteries of Penumbra

Penumbra will be the latest area to open up its mysteries! Players will be able to embark on a series of great story quests that explore what happened to the Xan after the cataclysm.

• Uncover the untold story of Penumbra and discover the secrets hidden beneath the ice.

• Complete over forty new quests.

• Visit an exciting new team instanced playfield as both part of the quest lines and as a separate adventure.

• Earn new quest rewards including a host of new tradeskills processes.

The new content in Penumbra is split into two broad categories. Firstly there are the series of new quests around the existing Penumbra playfields as you have seen with the other Shadowland's playfield. This time though there is also the added feature of a brand new team instance called Alappaa.

Inside Alappa players will encounter some great new gameplay challenges as a mysterious old man has an intriguing task that needs completing.

Ashes to Ashes...

...an old enemy resurfaces as the Dust Brigade threat makes itself felt on Rubi-Ka once again. Players will have to locate and enter the latest Dust Brigade camp in order to face a dangerous new opponent.

It appears that the Dust Brigade have begun excavating a remote site on Rubi-Ka and are apparently trying to recover something from the site. Reports are sketchy, but it appears to be something worth investigating!

• New team instanced encounter for high level players.

• Help uncover what exactly the Dust Brigade are planning and defeat a challenging new boss encounter

• Earn new rewards and items for defeating the encounter.

The new team instancing features allow us to present a lot more involving and challenging encounters for single teams. Deafeating this encounter will require tactics and reactions to playfield events that hasn't been seen before in the game. We are really looking forward to providing an interesting and involving new encounter that we think players will really enjoy!

Gameplay Features

Of course the updates aren't just about the new content, and there will be the usual host of new game updates and changes, here are some of the things you can expect to see in 17.5

• More new and unique drops will be added to Rubi-Ka mob types

• The VP gain for lower level battlestations will be adjusted upwards to offer better rewards.

• New items added to the OFAB vendors in the shape of new nanos that allow pet users to actively free their pets from calms, roots and snares

• The Unicorn's have installed cell scanners and reclaim points in their staging area.

• Bureaucrat's Shadowland's calms will now fully calm mobs when landed. The durations have been increased to be in line with the relative durations of the other profession's calming abilities.

• Added Grenade, Ranged Energy and Heavy Weapons to the composite ranged expertise nanos

• The bounding box targeting system is now optional and may be toggled on and off through your options menu

• New option on the planet map to upload a custom co-ordinate to your map while on any non-instanced playfield.

Comments

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Damn I hope this will instantly resolve the long lived Borey lag...

The SL dungeons door lag...

All lag...

Not that it's THAT bad...but wouldn't it be grand?

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

/drule

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• LcawLcaw Member Posts: 8

So are the servers actually down, I've been at work all day and now I'm in class so I haven't had the opprotunity to check.

• SkylessSkyless Member Posts: 58

Yes they did. The servers went down last night.

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Originally posted by Skyless

So just to confirm. This is the update patch where they will be transferring all their servers to new databases? Hopefully fixing a large sum of lag and other glitches?

They aren't upgrading their Direct X just yet are they?

I'm pretty excited!

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• SkylessSkyless Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Farseen

So just to confirm. This is the update patch where they will be transferring all their servers to new databases? Hopefully fixing a large sum of lag and other glitches?

I'm pretty excited!

Yeah, they are indeed upgrading to new servers. This should, hopefully, fix a lot of our current lag related issues. 

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

I'm pretty excited!

Sorry to be picky but it would be "transferring all databases to new servers"...DBs reside on Servers not the other way around.

• tasteetastee Member Posts: 65

They took AO that you know from a farm of servers to a better farm of servers... anything more then that is your imagiantion running away and it appears is trying to escape..  combined with a  somewhat big patch.. thats all.. eoc

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

Anarchy  Was my first ever online game. I started playing it back in 01 not long after its release.

I played it for years still go back every now and then. To date I can say its the best MMORPG i've played  SO much content and things to do other then grind. AO is an very complex game.

I wish so bad Funcom would give it a graphices makeover. I bet if  AO was given current date graphice update it would draw alot of people back to it and alot of new people also.

But I know that wouldn't be an easy tastk for Funcom. but I bet it would pay off for them.

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

Or Make an Anarchy online 2. kind of like how theres EQ1  old and EQ2 not as old.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Mandy

Anarchy  Was my first ever online game. I started playing it back in 01 not long after its release.
    I played it for years still go back every now and then. To date I can say its the best MMORPG i've played  SO much content and things to do other then grind. AO is an very complex game.

I wish so bad Funcom would give it a graphices makeover. I bet if  AO was given current date graphice update it would draw alot of people back to it and alot of new people also.

But I know that wouldn't be an easy tastk for Funcom. but I bet it would pay off for them.

It's already been announced, once the new rendering engine is complete in about a year, maybe less. Once the rendering engine (with updated directx) has been integrated with the servers, then they will see what kind of graphics options are available. It's gonna be awhile, but it'll be worth it.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Produde

I'm pretty excited!

Sorry to be picky but it would be "transferring all databases to new servers"...DBs reside on Servers not the other way around.

Actually, the database was upgraded first, and then migrated to the new servers. Which is why they had to have the new servers up before they could patch in 17.5

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Produde

I'm pretty excited!

Actually, the database was upgraded first, and then migrated to the new servers. Which is why they had to have the new servers up before they could patch in 17.5

yeah I know I do that kinda stuff I was refering to this line above

"This is the update patch where they will be transferring all their servers to new databases?"

But who really cares at this point?

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

i cant wait to get back on i hope this brings in all the old and new players . this is what ao  players have been waiting for