Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it matter which Lineage 2 game I buy?

M1dNyteM1dNyte Member Posts: 10

Ok I want to buy and play L2 I am a bit confused as to which game I need to buy. So far I have found 4 diffrent game boxes online most have diffrent chronicles.

at the offical site I can buy L2 as a digi dl for 19.99 or they have the epic collection that says it comes with the first 5 chronicles for 49.99 and u get a white mask.

Can I just buy the 19.99 version and still be able experience the other chronicles or do I have to buy all the chronicles to get the full game?

Comments

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

You can just buy the 19.99 one. They are all the same, the chronicles are free expansions. The 49.99 one is like a "special feature" edition, you get a few cool box toys and a limited edition mask in game. There are much better accessories than that mask though.

• M1dNyteM1dNyte Member Posts: 10

Ok ty I have never played L2 as a noobie going into this game would u recommend the special edition? Is there any items that would help me in the early game? Or any items worth selling to make sum extra money?

I need to know like NOW if the extra 20 bucks for the epic collection is worth it? and if anyone can tell me what other ingame items or benfiets it includes? cuzz all I have read so far is u get a mask which looks dumb IMO

Cuzz I wanna play on a legit server

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by M1dNyte

Ok I want to buy and play L2 I am a bit confused as to which game I need to buy. So far I have found 4 diffrent game boxes online most have diffrent chronicles.
    at the offical site I can buy L2 as a digi dl for 19.99 or they have the epic collection that says it comes with the first 5 chronicles for 49.99 and u get a white mask.
    Can I just buy the 19.99 version and still be able experience the other chronicles or do I have to buy all the chronicles to get the full game?

If you buy a box that gives Chronicle 4 or 5 then that will mean there is less to download. You can easily buy one of the original boxes (I've found them for 9.99 at our local Microcenter) but there will be more content to download.

So in the end, you will be saving a bit of time. The anniversary edition is ok but if money is tight, just buy one of the regular boxes and wait a bit longer.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154

Buy the cheapest one so if you hate the game you won't feel like an idiot blowing $50

Well what I did is I did the gamestop trial...

I downloaded L2 from fileplanet at 850/kb a sec only took an hour to dl a 2.99GB file and i was using the free servers lol

been busy all day so im gonna activate my trial code tomorrow but its all patched and ready to go.

Just the main screen to enter your log in info blew me away

cant wait to play it tomorrow!

as far as I know if I wanna continue playing I just have to pay 14.99 after my trial

so I wont even need to buy the game whoohoo!

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Not to be the messenger of bad news, but no...you can't just pay the $14.99/mo after the trial account. The trail account key must be upgraded with a retail key, so you actually still have to purchase the serial code. I mean I could be wrong because I don't know anything about the gamestop trial...but I do know that the normal trail codes don't allow you to just pay the monthly fee afterwards.

In my opinion if you don't want the in game white mask then normal box set or just the $19.99 download so you can get your retail key to upgrade your trail account would be the way to go. If you really want the white mask, check your local game store, my local gamestop was selling it on specially for $30 wich isn't bad considering you get 45 days of game play time included. The $19.99 one will give you 30 days of game play time, with not white mask acessory and sometimes you can pick it up for $10 which is cheaper than the monthly fee.

And I hope you enjoy L2, I know I have for the past 3 years!!!

OK im really enjoying this game so far I did make the mistake of clicking a scroll that teleported me to sum area where there was a million dwarfs sitting on the ground selling things I met a guy who realised I wasnt supposed to be there he gave me 20k in gold I clicked the wrong name to teleport back and wound up in a castle yard I spent the remaining money teleporting to diffrent areas and exploring. It felt so refreshing not knowing where I was going and seeing a few diffrent areas.

I was very suprised at the creatures in this game they look so i dunno diffrrent in a good way then other mmo's i have played.

A question I have that I cant seem to find the answer to is after my trail is over and if I decided to buy the game and enter the new code in will the charecter I have now be able to get the extra stuff thats awarded to first time players or will I have to create a diffrent account in order to recive it?

Glad you are enjoying the game!

And yes, when you upgrade you keep your character and everything. I am pretty sure that trial accounts get the new player benifits also, but they may have changed that. Either way, yes when you upgrade everything will be 'unlocked' so to speak.

Also, just so you know Adena comes slowly in the game. Definately have fun with it, but remember new gear will sneak up on you rather quickly, and the economy is harsh, esspecially for new players.

What server did you choose to play on?

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by M1dNyte

OK im really enjoying this game so far I did make the mistake of clicking a scroll that teleported me to sum area where there was a million dwarfs sitting on the ground selling things I met a guy who realised I wasnt supposed to be there he gave me 20k in gold I clicked the wrong name to teleport back and wound up in a castle yard I spent the remaining money teleporting to diffrent areas and exploring. It felt so refreshing not knowing where I was going and seeing a few diffrent areas.
    I was very suprised at the creatures in this game they look so i dunno diffrrent in a good way then other mmo's i have played.
    A question I have that I cant seem to find the answer to is after my trail is over and if I decided to buy the game and enter the new code in will the charecter I have now be able to get the extra stuff thats awarded to first time players or will I have to create a diffrent account in order to recive it?

haha that scroll must have sended u towards Giran Castle Town. Pretty much people there heh^^ . Nice to read that there are still players who discover the beautiful world of Lineage 2.. to bad  they stopped making "huge updates".

What do you mean by stopped making huge updates? The next update, Chaotic Throne 1 is the biggest one yet...lol.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Jukan

What do you mean by stopped making huge updates? The next update, Chaotic Throne 1 is the biggest one yet...lol.
    He's probably referring to Interlude which was anemic. Also, in my opinion, C4 and C5 were lacking... However...

The next update is huge and certainly seems like it will be leading to more large updates given the direction the developers seem to want to take the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • huntterhuntter Member Posts: 17

Lineage2 = Best mmo so far :) not a MMo for children like Wow  , Lotro and so on.

L2*Erica BladeDancer 77/Necromancer 54