Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2moons doing better than most expected.....

In a recent article that I have read on the official forums...said that the game launced, and the day it launced....over 100,000 players were registered, and the numbers are vastly still growing. They think that the game will hit one million players very fast....the full article can be read here:  http://phpbb.acclaim.com/2moons/viewtopic.php?t=21101

Comments

• MiyoshiMiyoshi Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Nunez1212

In a recent article that I have read on the official forums...said that the game launced, and the day it launced....over 100,000 players were registered, and the numbers are vastly still growing. They think that the game will hit one million players very fast....the full article can be read here:  http://phpbb.acclaim.com/2moons/viewtopic.php?t=21101
    Nunez you are talking about an article published by ..... acclaim ! How could you think this is an objective one ?

This is an half baked farce , and you are part of it 

• I am sorry that you do not trust anyone...but I do not think that they would just say all of this for no reason whatsoever.

• ohhhmyyyyohhhmyyyy Member UncommonPosts: 34

Originally posted by Nunez1212

I am sorry that you do not trust anyone...but I do not think that they would just say all of this for no reason whatsoever.
    Um. The reason is simple:

Corporate Hype.

• MoarDotsMoarDots Member Posts: 40

There has been a lot of hypes for 2moons during the gap between its CB and OB.  Yeah, it had 100,000+ downloads on the first day/week, but they never posted how many of that 100,000 left after the initial rush or within the first week.

You can tell by looking around forums that though there are people who like 2moons, quite a number of them dislike it as well.

The constant lag + the recent attacks on their server don't help much either.  Granted it's still in open beta, so we'll have to see how things go.  Hopefully Acclaim doesn't turn this into another 9dragons.

• I don't know what's wrong with either your computer or internet connection, but I have had no lag at all...not even a little spike.

• NewbKingNewbKing Member Posts: 45

The only thing I hate is that there's no non-pvp servers. I keep getting killed when I'm doing quests, training, or traveling. Other then that, this game is alright.

• Sorry to hear that...I have not been killed once, but I hear that you get killed a lot more in certain areas. I hear it's almost like street gangs...like you have to know where you can and cannot go. Hopefully you and I will realize soon where it is safe to go.

• MiyoshiMiyoshi Member Posts: 61

Nunez who are you trying to convict ? Actually you want to compare acclaim with ncsoft, blizzard or even ... joymax ? (and joymax is one of the worst mmo company you can find). First a reminder , acclaim gone bankruptcy , not blizzard , neither ncsoft . Now acclaim is trying to enter the online market , several years after the top companies , by adapting some already existing korean games (Dekaron is a 2 years old game) .

Now have you ever played Dekaron ( i did) , actually 2 moons is an old version of dekaron , translated (badly) , with more bugs than the original version and usless quest as in dekaron.Now if you read the 2moons official forum you'll find that acclaim needed to call gamehi's devs to rescue to put this translated version online . Erm i have high doubts on acclaim's devs and their capacity of handling gamehi's code ...Now every private server runner can tell you that every mmo are based on a SQL data base (which is easy to modify) and an graphic engine (harder to modify), and of course request on the database and a zone server to manage the land . As i said you can easily modify the data base  (xp rate , drope rate , translation....) , but not the graphic engine and/or the way the game manages db request and zone server... Actually acclaim could be compared to any private server runner but with the support of the game devs ... actually it seems that the original devs did most of the job to put this translated version online (cf. official acclaim forum )

Now if you had tried dekaron then you can't compare (for example) lineage 2 castle siege with dekaron's one . And for the "free" aspect of 2 moons , learn that every "free" online game will sooner or later put some "premium" items for paying people , thoses who didn't just crumbled to dust .

As someone else said , you just got what you paid for ...

• That is not true...because I like 2moons better than WoW, Lineage 2, and many p2p games. It all depends on your opinion on fun, so if your opinion is: You like super monkey ball, and think it's better than oblvion...than that's true to your opinion. Oh, and i'm not trying to convict anyone....where and when did I say I was trying that???

• kola_666kola_666 Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yea 2Moons is the best fee free game now......better than any other.The only problem now is that the game is still in BETA and from time to time they have some problems small or big,but the team is working hard and as we can see they really do their job.So just play and have fun.....:P