Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reciving an error from patcher

LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

Hi just thought I would give the game a try but while the patcher was updating I get the following error:

could not open local file for writing.  Please make sure you are logged in as administor or that you  have writen permission from the anarchy online directiory.

I am the administor of this pc so any help on this  error?  heh can't post on their fourms as I'm not a paying customer.

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Easiest solution I can give you is this:

Turn off your anti-virus and check that your firewall is allowing communication. If this doesn't help:

1.) Reinsatll the game.

2.) Look at the game version at the top of the launcher.

3.) Go here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/patches/ and starting with the first patch after your current version, down load and install them. If you have the big client ( which includes Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, and Lost eden content, in case you decide to upgrade), you will have an EP1 tag in your launcher, if small client (which contains onlt Anarchy Online and the free Notum Wars expansion, requiring you to download further content if you upgrade)you won't. Each patch is the same way, one for EP1, one for small client. So, make sure you download the correct version of each patch.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

If your running vista, try running the game in admin mode.  Right click the icon and choose Run as Administrator.  Vista is really a pain in the butt with older games like AO.  It's the same thing for patching, i suggest you download all the patch from the site instead of running the patcher automaticly.  The link to download the patch is  : http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/patches/

Check what version of client you have and download the patch after that number.

• LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

kk i'll try some of those thanks for the advise