Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a Less time consuming MMO...

I'm looking for a fantasy based (preferably neway) MMO that has PVP good enough to advance u to the point where PVE and raiding isn't the only option.  More importantly... I'm looking for a game that does not take months and months of my life ;).  I'm fairly busy, so.. ne ideas?  I like a game with a strong rogue or sorc class type.  I had played WoW and Vanguard:SoH.  I loved them both, but they just take so much time...

;)

Comments

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

at the moment I think WoW is the only option for what you've described.  arena gear is on par with the top tier gear (and new sets will come out for each new raiding set).   I dont know of any other game that you can get gear through PvP.  It's definitely not time consuming.  All you have to do is play a minimum of 10 games per week to earn points.  It might take a while to earn enough points for the piece you want, but definitely not time consuming.  Also, you dont have to hope for the item to drop or argue over who should get it.  I know you said you played WoW...  but it seems like this is your best bet (at least untill WAR!). 

• ArreatArreat Member Posts: 20

Any alternative on the horizon?  I was just not happy with wow.  I'm familiar with their PVP system.  It's more time consuming then VG really.  The choices for PVP gear are also quite limited.

;)

Sorry to say this but im pretty sure WoW is the least time consuming as far as PvP goes.  As far as I know most MMOs make u raid to get gear to PvP which takes as much work as raiding in WoW.  The only other game I can think of would be Guild Wars which isnt a real MMO.  You can make a pure PvP character or a regular one with 20 lvls (i dont think there is much of a difference but I didnt play GW enough).   If anything it's worth checking out since there is no monthly fee.

• starbuckskimstarbuckskim Member Posts: 26

I would like to suggest to play wydglobal for busy users....

It has auto-atteck mode so even users are away from keyboard, it's still hunting for itself.

Level up with auto-attect mode and attend a lot of war senarios such as guild war, seige war, channel war and so on...

it's quite good.....

visit here

www.wydglobal.com

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

DAoc why end game pve and pvp (pvp more pop than pve ) , its pretty easy to level now and you'll never find better classes in anygame.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• MagnanimousMagnanimous Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by bleyzwun

Sorry to say this but im pretty sure WoW is the least time consuming as far as PvP goes.  As far as I know most MMOs make u raid to get gear to PvP which takes as much work as raiding in WoW.  The only other game I can think of would be Guild Wars which isnt a real MMO.  You can make a pure PvP character or a regular one with 20 lvls (i dont think there is much of a difference but I didnt play GW enough).   If anything it's worth checking out since there is no monthly fee.
    Ive played WoW for awhile, and It is one of the most time consuming mmos in  all aspects.  The PvP is pretty time consuming since you need to constantly be competing to keep up with the hardcore gamers.

As for a good PvP MMO that isnt time consuming Guild wars is the best bet.  Its PvP can be in depth and you dont need to worry about keeping up with others.  You can make a roleplaying character and unlock skills to use in quick pvp battles (RA, team arenas, alliance battles).  Or if you want deeper PvP Guild vs Guild is also an option.  Theyre also other PvP options besides the ones I listed.

So if you really want a good PvP game id say check out guild wars.  You can get a free trial from a local gamestop for like two bucks.  Theres no monthly fees and a new expansion pack is coming out soon, so now would be the time to check it out.

• ArekaineArekaine Member Posts: 72

If you are not absolutly set on the fantasy setting. I would try Eve Online. It is based in a space setting, and is very easy for the casual gamer. You still have to grind some PvE for money. But as far as getting good at it. Thier skill system is very nice. You set the skill to train and can walk away. It is set up like the pilot (you) is downloading the skill. So no lvl grinding. You can even logout of the game and it will still train

Only real problem is that the training times can get rather long. Having a week long train time is not uncommon. And some of the higher skills can take even months to train to thier higher lvls. But this also can be solved to a degree by training learning skills and getting implants

There is a Madness that has grown in the Light. And it is coming to burn you a cinder

Originally posted by Magnanimous

Originally posted by bleyzwun

Ive played WoW for awhile, and It is one of the most time consuming mmos in  all aspects.  The PvP is pretty time consuming since you need to constantly be competing to keep up with the hardcore gamers.

As for a good PvP MMO that isnt time consuming Guild wars is the best bet.  Its PvP can be in depth and you dont need to worry about keeping up with others.  You can make a roleplaying character and unlock skills to use in quick pvp battles (RA, team arenas, alliance battles).  Or if you want deeper PvP Guild vs Guild is also an option.  Theyre also other PvP options besides the ones I listed.

So if you really want a good PvP game id say check out guild wars.  You can get a free trial from a local gamestop for like two bucks.  Theres no monthly fees and a new expansion pack is coming out soon, so now would be the time to check it out.

I dunno about you... but my team doesnt play a whole lot.  At most we will play 20 (maybe 30) games per week and  I am in almost full epics (2 pieces away).  Unless you plan on playing to be the best team (and not just for fun) it shouldnt take up too much time.  Really tho, I only spend about 2 hours per week playing arena for my 5v5.  I wouldnt say it's time consuming but a lengthy wait to get a piece of armor.   Guild Wars is definitely a good option tho and is probably less time consuming (also no monthly fee).

I'm just not into WoW honestly.  I played it for a year and I'm familiar with their pvp system.  If you want to be good in a decent amount of time (like less than 4 months) its definatly not the game for me.  I played a year and still didnt have all epics.  I had 90 days of in game play.  I think I might wait for Huxley or AoC. Although AoC will prolly be time consuming to huh?

;)

• deedelechachdeedelechach Member Posts: 64

imo, WoW is the opposite of what you are looking for. WoW was not intended for busy people :(  

I normally only have an hour or two to play each day, and you cant really get anything done in that time.

I think you might like Guild Wars though. The level cap is 20 which you can easily reach in a few days, you can travel across the entire map in seconds by just clicking on your destination. Also, there is no monthly fee, so if you dont play for two weeks you dont feel like you wasted subscription money.

Currently Playing : WAR, UO, RL :p

I might wait for hellgate London.  I played Guild Wars when it first came out for about 6 months.  I had like 2 lvl 20's and I can back after the sorrows furnance updates and other stuff like that.  I'm picky I known :D you guyz did give some decent suggestions I'll try though.  But I didnt like GWs interface for one.  The story was good, but PvP I got sick of after getting rolled by those leet koreans 800 times.

WoW: No

EvE Online: Way to complicated tryed to 10-day trial

GWs: Tryed it before

Vanguard: Sweet, but also no time (and crafting is tedious and I hate it!)

DAoC: Never tried it honestly...

;)

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

Hey try LOTRO, its not very time consuming :) and VERY fun imo

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• DKShadowDKShadow Member Posts: 116

Dungeon Runners is great if you want to play for as little as 15 minutes at a time. You can play for hours too, if that's what you want. You can play either for free or for as little as $5/mo, which will give you a few extra perks like stackable potions, warehouse and better obtainable equipment.

Sadly the game has no PvP nor guilds.

• ArekaineArekaine Member Posts: 72

Sword of the New World just came out. I got to lvl 20 in just a few hours time. Plus they have that AFK Power lvling. Very nice when you have other stuff to do

There is a Madness that has grown in the Light. And it is coming to burn you a cinder