Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Raids in WoW

JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

How long does the longest Raid in WoW take to complete?

Thank you

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

Comments

• VipexxVipexx Member Posts: 114

That really depends on the guild/raid group. Really long raid dungeons is often divided into several nights if necessary.

"What's a cocksmoker?"

• nuk3meisternuk3meister Member UncommonPosts: 41

I would say that the average raid group is playing 3-5 hours per session/day and 2-4 sessions/days per week, depending on the size of the instance (10 & 25).

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

On my level 17 warrior, I usually find a good group for VC, one of noobiest dungeons in the game, but I still like it, even though it took us like 3 hours, and we died in the last bit...

And that nothing compared to others! I heard that Naxxramas used to take people entire days....Thank God Blizzard made their future raids shorter, but I somehow miss the old ones, they still rocked ass....

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

5man dungeons 1-2 hours average, less than an hour in a good group such as with your guild mates or 3+ hours in a crap group. It also depends what you do there.. do you skip some mobs and head straight to the bosses? or do you farm the mobs for some rare drops and reputation?

Raids (10-25man), not an easy 1, when my guild first hit Karazan it took all 3 of our weeks raid nights (19:00-22:00) to just get by the first few bosses, I think theres 8 in Karazan, today after several months we can clear it the whole thing in one 3 hour run (sometimes).

I usualy opt out of 25man raids... I don't find them fun, 5-15 is my limit, Although if the guild is desperate I'll run it.

In short it very much depends on your group and how well you work together. Guild/friend groups will always beat PUG groups.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Vendayn

so in these raids, are they in parts so you finish one part and recall to town to do other stuff. Or do you have to log off inside the instance until its totally done?

You kill a boss, go back to town, log off for the night, go back to the dungeon the next day and that boss you killed the night before will still be dead. You have a week to clear the dungeon. It all resets during Tuesday's downtime and then you have to kill the boss again.

• frehleyfrehley Member Posts: 46

What exactly is the point of a "Raid"? Is it like a special quest or is it just a generic term for "experience party"?

Also, do you have to do them in a party format or could you go solo?

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by frehley

What exactly is the point of a "Raid"? Is it like a special quest or is it just a generic term for "experience party"?
    Also, do you have to do them in a party format or could you go solo?
    Raid is the term used for that PvE content that must be cleared with multiple groups, ie: a raid.

When you are in a group, the group leader has the option to "transform it to Raid" and it open up space for up to other 35 people to join up. While in a raid, xp from mobs is severely reduced and you will get no quest items to drop but for specific (Raid) quests.

WoW has many raid dungeons both for 40, 25 and 10 people

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

so in these raids, are they in parts so you finish one part and recall to town to do other stuff. Or do you have to log off inside the instance until its totally done?

You kill a boss, go back to town, log off for the night, go back to the dungeon the next day and that boss you killed the night before will still be dead. You have a week to clear the dungeon. It all resets during Tuesday's downtime and then you have to kill the boss again.

ah, okay...doesn't sound bad at all, sounds fun to me.

in addition certain numbers of thrash mobs are linked to each boss. So kill a boss and some X mobs won't be there too until it reset making getting deeper a bit easier and less time consuming as you have to clear less mobs.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

Diferent guilds have diferent raiding days. My guild raids monday, tuesday, wednesday and sunday. We raid from 19:00 till 00:00. Sometimes shorter sometimes even longer, usualy shorter...

Sometimes we camp in instance...like when we first time killed hakkar in Zul Gurub arround 04:00 in morning, we were dieing how tired we were but we had to kill him that day...plesaure was uber...we still laugh at that after all those years.

Once we were in MC raid (as n00b guild 2 years ago) and one friend put on team speak Rings of Fire from Johny Cash while we were killing magmadar...first time we wiped cause we started to laugh like mad...next time we got him and from then we were listening that song every time on that fight ;)

WoW is fun how much you want it to be fun

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?