It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well it's been a month of me playing LOTRO now and my time just ended, I wont recharge it for some personal reasons but this has nothing to do with the game.
Okay so when I first started, the quest line got me really excited, see'ing the cinematics and all.
So I got out of the Tutorial thingy, and into the Shire - I have to say the shire is BEAUTIFULly made...
Ive been playing WoW and got bored of it, started GW and got bored of that and was waiting for WAR but thought it sucked looking at the community it has made on the forums already and have lost interest, the only game I look forward to is Aion but that wont be out till next year, So I bought LOTRO.
1) Great graphics
2) Unique and fun classes
3) Great community
4) A fair amount of Role-Playing, which can be avoided if you want
5) AMAZING Questing
6) Absolutely NO grind at all
7) Limited, but VERY interesting PvP
8) Great gameplay overall
9) Interesting trait system
10) I just love the titles :P
1) NO grind at all, which can be bad at times, you might just wanna kill some stuff - but for that you got the destiny point buffs so its okay I guess
2) TOO many quests, for a person like me I wont leave till all the quests are done! But hey not really a con
3) At lower levels atleast, everyone ends up looking like each other no matter what class, Not good armour variety
4) Im sure they need new and more weapon/armour models, which im sure will be done soon
Thats about it!
Let me comment on PVP a bit more, everyone keeps argueing that LOTRO has "no" pvp and thats what I thought till I tried it out myself, The monster players versus the players (Creeps VS Freeps) has always been an interesting time off for me, You may get bored of leveling up all day so at the end of the day why not go eat some hobbits? TRUST ME it may not be good like DAoC etc, and it does not have open world PvP but the PvP here is ALWAYS large scale and FUN.
Just bored till I recharge my account, thought this may help.
P.S. Yay this was my 100th post
Played almost everything...
Currently playing nothing...
Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.