Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of 'World of Warcraft'

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie in here. Need some guideline.

Anyone had any idea what's the price for this game? The subscription per month?
How to get one?? All this in US dollars ?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards

Comments

• Willa2Willa2 Member UncommonPosts: 48

• JoeBiscuitJoeBiscuit Member Posts: 57

49.99 for the game : [url=http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/210351.asp]
    and it'll probably be around 13-15 bucks a month.

• darkangel10darkangel10 Member Posts: 3
    Since we know the price & the estimated monthly subscription, can anyone advise when will the game be release?? is it confirm that we have to wait until 04 Jun 04 as advise by the mainpage of this webite??image

• PetertklPetertkl Member Posts: 2
    How do we register the account/game with?? And with who??

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

oh...my...god...

Please just let this thread die. The game isn't released so how can we discuss a price? How can we sign up? HOW can we even register anything that doesn't even exist?

Fact 1: WoW has not yet been released

Fact 2: NO one knows an exact date, and any estimate on a time frame it might be released is just a guess

Fact 3: Blizzard has never released a title when they said they would

Fact 4: Blizzard hasn't decided what the monthly fee will be and have stated it clearly that they will decide that when the time comes.

Fact 5: Blizzard has made it a point to clearly state that they don't want to say a time when they game will be released. They've only said they will release it 'when they feel it is done'.

Fact 6: I am hungry, get me something to eat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• vash_aka_adavash_aka_ada Member Posts: 19

I've been wondering this why isnt the pay to play thing run monthly and not like a account what i mean is when you pay money in you get a certain amount of hours and every time you play it sets off a timer that begins to lose your hours ?

i mean montly payments are a bit bad because something might come up like a death in the family etc and you would not be able to use that month you played for

Why don't you post that on the main forum threads? Since that doesn't really pertain to WoW, and has to do more with every mainstream mmorpg.

2nd, why should I have to pay monthly rent where I live? I should only have to pay for the time that I'm actualy IN the house. I mean, why is it fair I get charged rent when on vacation? Oh oh oh, and my job should pay me by the month regardless of how often I show up for work or how many hours I work. You know, in case there's a death in the family and I have to miss work, it'd be nice to still get my usual paycheck.

With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• vash_aka_adavash_aka_ada Member Posts: 19

Mate for one things those things are totally differnt

YOU keep your stuff in a appartment.

and your job DOES keep paying you if you have paid hoildays or sick leave do they not ?

Im just sayings we aint all people who have easy access to visa's and credit cards to pay this off and i think taht if you miss a week you shouldent be charged for it and after all WE are paying them maybe if they were paying us it would be diffenrt but its not

No, I get payed by the hour, no sick days. As for vacation that's a different story but not relavent.

Yer missing the point though, this system though it may sound practical, would not be cost effective to ppl who play more. Only to those who play less.

Say for example you wished to play 10 hours a day for the whole month. That's 300+ hours depending on week ends and days off. That would totaly shaft me where as I could pay the monthly fee and leave my comp on 24/7 logged in and not suffer in any way. Not to mention it's a buisness. Same as most ISP's, it's a monthly fee. Insurance, wether I'm driving my car or not, I have to keep it insured, even if it's liability which means it only pays for accidents caused where I was driving... but if I'm not driving, WHY do I have to pay?

-------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius
    -------------

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• NylianNylian Member Posts: 37

"Mate for one things those things are totally differnt. YOU keep your stuff in a appartment. and your job DOES keep paying you if you have paid hoildays or sick leave do they not ?Im just sayings we aint all people who have easy access to visa's and credit cards to pay this off and i think taht if you miss a week you shouldent be charged for it and after all WE are paying them maybe if they were paying us it would be diffenrt but its not"

YOU keep your stuff in a appartment.

You keep your stuff in a mmo as well.

your job DOES keep paying you if you have paid hoildays or sick leave do they not ?

I remember when shadowbane (ubisoft) gave free days when they f'd up. Rollbacks hoorah

Im just sayings we aint all people who have easy access to visa's and credit cards to pay this off

Free checking account with washington mutual.  Get one.

and i think taht if you miss a week you shouldent be charged for it and after all WE are paying them

How much do you pay for internet?  Is that pro-rated?  Does your car payment change depending on how much you use it?  What does it cost for a hamburger? What if you only eat 3/4 of the hamburger?  Shouldn't you only pay 3/4 the price, after you've received and paid for the whole thing?  What if they only sell hamburgers by the whole? 6 at a time? 12 at a time?

If there is a way...I'll find it.

---------
    ---------

• MrViceMrVice Member Posts: 197

Fact Seven: Dracius should never get into a carer in PR.

But besides the tremendous amount of anger I agree with most of what he had to say.  If you got a problem with monthy fees it looks like your not going to be playing wow so, you're going to have to deal with it, or not buy it.  It's tough, but thats the way it is Vash.  If you still have a problem may I suggest you take a look at guild wars

Thank you

Vice Man image

• NylianNylian Member Posts: 37
    LoL ViceMan,  Thing is, Dracius would agree with you. :)

---------
    ---------

• TBH-TBH- Member Posts: 21

which one of WOW:

WOW Regular 49.99

WOW Collectors Edition 69.99

TBH-Commander

TBH-Commander

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
    lol image

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• MonkeeMonkee Member Posts: 12
    This game is gonna suckass. You people suck, I am superior bow down to me! image

• agglebaggleagglebaggle Member Posts: 2
    MONGOOSE!!

THISISMYSIGNATURE!!!
    SDJFAOIUYMCICW!!!

THISISMYSIGNATURE!!!
    SDJFAOIUYMCICW!!!

• agglebaggleagglebaggle Member Posts: 2

Hey! People!! We are talking about an RPG made by Blizzard. I mean, they do make really good games do they not? Who has played Warcraft 1-2-3? Hum??? It is very good. So even though some losers think that WoW is gonna be a crappy game. I, me personally, I know that deep down in my heart if the title has Warcraft in it it will be as good if not better than any of the other RPGs out there. Humph...image

THISISMYSIGNATURE!!!
    SDJFAOIUYMCICW!!!

THISISMYSIGNATURE!!!
    SDJFAOIUYMCICW!!!

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by vash_aka_ada

I've been wondering this why isnt the pay to play thing run monthly and not like a account what i mean is when you pay money in you get a certain amount of hours and every time you play it sets off a timer that begins to lose your hours ?

i mean montly payments are a bit bad because something might come up like a death in the family etc and you would not be able to use that month you played for

If you are that hard on money so you would care about paying a month even if you couldn't play because someone in your family have died then you shouldn't play games at all.

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83

All these anologies still doesnt answer his question and some of them are incorrect as well. For example when you are buying a hamburger you are paying for the consumption of the hamburger in advance, regardless of how much of it you consume, like when you are paying for a month in advance. Blizzard and other MMORPG developers could easily make a payment method that charged by the hour or even minute one is logged on, but its obviously not worth it. It would be the same thing as buying a bite of a burger or buying a single french fry, its irrelevant if your logged on or not.

Since salarys are distributed monthly most places, this method works the best. If it was worth it or they would make more money off it, other payment methods would have been available by now.

-Pi

-Pi

• hell_fire_69hell_fire_69 Member Posts: 129

the game will cost $49.99 and the fee per month might cost around $10-$12

I NEED imageWoWimage

Current game-City of Heroes

Future-World of Warcraft all the way

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495

Never fear, the game will only cost you the life of your first born child image

Realistically though you can probably expect the game to cost the same as every other new MMORPG out there.  No less cause they'd lose money they could make and that'd be stupid, and no more cause there are plenty of other big name MMORPGs coming out within the next 6 months or so.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

CoH: Level 24 Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker++Level 14 Gravity/Storm Controller
    DAoC: Level 42 Paladin

Like: DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• Perm2069Perm2069 Member Posts: 92

also with the monthly fee thing, do take into consideration that they might put in a special deal if you buy more months at a time.

eq does this at the moment and i think its a good idea.  normaly the fee for one month is about 12.95 (USD of course).  but, if you buy, say, a 3 month subscription, it takes a dollar off what it would cost you for a month.  also, if you buy a years worth, the price is really low per month, so really, its a good thing i think. 

another good thing is that you dont have a reacuring fee every month.  you dont have to make sure you havnt gone over your credit limit or anything before the next billing cycle.  doing it this way does lay a larger fee on you to start with, but in the end it eleiminates most of the headache.

Perm2069

• CelfticCelftic Member Posts: 20
    I'll be getting the Collector's Edition which costs $80 but includes:
    • 200 page Art Book
    • Behind the Scenes DVD
    • Soundtrack w/exclusive Tracks
    • Cloth World Map
    • "Virtual Item"

Spider sense... tingling.

• brat11223brat11223 Member Posts: 25
    WoW will be regualry 49.99$ to buy the game. The first month will be free. Then after that u pay from btw 10-15$ a month to keep the servers going. **They are alrdy allowing you to pre-order a collectors edition for 79.99$ but it comes with some extra stuff. image Expensive huh