Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender restricted classes?

Are there gender restricted classes? Bums me out when they are restricted!

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

yeah i hate that as well!

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

wow rlly that rlly sucks i thought i would try this game out. i rlly hate gender restricted games cause i like to play all of the classes

• DrNemesisDrNemesis Member Posts: 8

So.. play a different gender to what you are irl?

Its no big deal its just a toon.. playing a different gender toon doesn't mean you're declaring the player has any particular orientation, not that it matters O_o

you might even be surprised the different initial reaction you get from people. its quite enlightening

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

It matters to me whether a can customize my toon to my liking. I believe that is the issue when a game forces you to play a certain gender. There is very limited customization options in these types of games.

Also, I won't play a chick, because when I tried it in the past every pervert in the game would try to cyber me. Some people obviously don't mind that, but I don't find that "enlightening".

• DrNemesisDrNemesis Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by brostyn 
    Also, I won't play a chick, because when I tried it in the past every pervert in the game would try to cyber me. Some people obviously don't mind that, but I don't find that "enlightening".
    Ah but you were enlightened even if it was not an entirely satisfactory experience for you. You learn a lot about what sort of person some players are,  and about certain assumptions that other players make on the basis of gender or sexual orientation. Personally I find that all rather interesting information and I'd rather know who these perverts or assholes are ;)

I don't suggest this might be the only reason to play a different gender, but it doesn't really matter.

Also, have some fun with this, if people are less than courteous to you on the basis of your apparent gender, then why not use that? If its just a simple mistake and an assumption that the player is of the same gender as the toon, then just put them straight and move on.

I can see from a customisation position that this might be frustrating but sometimes gender restrictions on certain classes can be an enhancement to the world, especially fantasy games, giving it some credibility to being from a  time when certain genders were thought to be better candidates for certain paths even to the point of exclusion.

• ShadowzielShadowziel Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Aseenus

yeah i hate that as well!

i agree that sucks. jsut like 2 moons

Everything Happens For A Reason! "Shadowziel"

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396
    Originally posted by newyork_punk

I dont like it either, like Diablo.  My friend used to use a sorceress in Diablo 2 and he was a boy, so i guess it doesnt matter

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by brostyn

It matters to me whether a can customize my toon to my liking. I believe that is the issue when a game forces you to play a certain gender. There is very limited customization options in these types of games.

ROFL.

So true. I have an entertainer alt in swg and I made her a female. When I'm buffing who ever I'm playing with they know it's me but still ask if they can grope my alt LAWL...

Well she is hawt after all... I'd never have a female main tho. This toon never leaves the safe house so it's not really a problem for me.

MMORPG != dating service and some people just don't get it.

MMORPG == Many Men Online Role Playing Girls.

If you assume there's anything but an overweight 33 year old man with no life at the other end of that hawt night elf before you talk to them on ventrilo, you are an idiot.

-Viz

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I honestly don't see the problem with playing a character that is opposite gender to you. My main in WoW is a female and I never had any one hit on me or whatever like so many claim. I think that only happens if you let it happen. I've always made it very clear from the start that I'm a guy and never had a problem after that.

I have also played numerous MMO's going about 50/50 with male/female toons as my mains, and still havn't had problems.

• NewYorkNewYork Member Posts: 4

this game is for twin lovers.u can customize your char... with 4-5 hairstyles,and faces.and that would be all.and yes the chars are gender restricted.

• hilemzeldahilemzelda Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by viza

MMORPG != dating service and some people just don't get it.
    MMORPG == Many Men Online Role Playing Girls.
    If you assume there's anything but an overweight 33 year old man with no life at the other end of that hawt night elf before you talk to them on ventrilo, you are an idiot.
    -Viz

LOOOOOOOL .. unfortunally, this is all true: most of the girl/woman charactert ingame are actually .. MEN  I suppose that the gender restrictions is for "avoid" sue against the phrase "this YYYY char is not really a girl... IS A MAN!!!!" xDDDD

But in some way, this suck. I mean, let face it: most of the machos ingame, everytime that see a female character, trying to date her... most of the times are actually men that just "follow the dating-game" just to have some free item or whatever.. but, when is a girl, she just said "aah... another idiot has never mmet a girl in the real life " and don't let her play ...  I REALLY know about this matter, I lived most of the time I play any MMORPG =__=

¿THE solution to this problem? -------------> easy: to have a male character and play normal ... but with gender restriction ... more dating-attacks you can hide .... oh well, I allways can create an account under my brother's data and play on it  =P

imageimage

• EccentricaaEccentricaa Member Posts: 15

Most of the men I know who play female characters, do so because they do not wish to stare at a big ogga rump for 8 hours.  Its easier, and more plesant for them to be looking at a female character, than a man...

I always just remember that people are playing characters, and nothing that comes out of their mouth can be believed.  Just nod your head yes, you are a mega millionaire in rl.  and go about  your game in your own little world..

• WiccanCircleWiccanCircle Member Posts: 336

Just to be contrary - I kinda like the idea.

There are most definately differences in men and women and to have different skills that one is better suited to than the other seems well, duh?

I studied Hapkido/TKD for most of my teen years (because you men are simply not to be trusted)  But to think that my skills would be a match for most men half my belt level, trapped between two parked cars on a dark blustery night... I am not deluding myself to think I would have an easy time defending myself.

However, aside from opening jars for us and taking out the garbage, which we still need you around for, it is now falling to women to perform most of the mental tasks of the US economy.

For every 100,000 men that receive education (and highschool doesn't count at all, we are talking Bachelor and above) there are 137,000 women getting their lamb skin.  That's 37% more for those of you with no education at all... you know, highschool on down.  Up through age 37 women also make more money than men (afterward only because we take some time off to continue the human race)

So female only classes in a game is only reflecting the real world as women outperform men and men fall slowly away to the underclass of laborers and servants.  Men can be the grunt classes  and women the intelligentsia

Don't worry, I still pay one of you to rake my leafs and mow my lawn while I level my character {Snicker}

"The reality of the poor in America isn't the difference between The Haves and The Have Nots, it is the difference between The Haves and The Have Lots."

• OlsonatorOlsonator Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by WiccanCircle

Just to be contrary - I kinda like the idea.

There are most definately differences in men and women and to have different skills that one is better suited to than the other seems well, duh?
    I studied Hapkido/TKD for most of my teen years (because you men are simply not to be trusted)  But to think that my skills would be a match for most men half my belt level, trapped between two parked cars on a dark blustery night... I am not deluding myself to think I would have an easy time defending myself.
    However, aside from opening jars for us and taking out the garbage, which we still need you around for, it is now falling to women to perform most of the mental tasks of the US economy.
    For every 100,000 men that receive education (and highschool doesn't count at all, we are talking Bachelor and above) there are 137,000 women getting their lamb skin.  That's 37% more for those of you with no education at all... you know, highschool on down.  Up through age 37 women also make more money than men (afterward only because we take some time off to continue the human race)
    So female only classes in a game is only reflecting the real world as women outperform men and men fall slowly away to the underclass of laborers and servants.  Men can be the grunt classes  and women the intelligentsia
    Don't worry, I still pay one of you to rake my leafs and mow my lawn while I level my character {Snicker}

Yeah you may have a point on the pickle jar but not all men as well help the population grow to if it wasn't for man the baby would never had got there in the first place. It takes two to make a new life form. but yeah gender specific is not all bad. Everyone has their points and opinions. I really don't care gender specific or not. I just liek to play the games.

• HoggoHoggo Member Posts: 3

Your a moron. Look at all the Nobel Prize winners and people in Power.... All Men.... Oh...cant wait to see the WNBA dunk contest.loloolz

Wow your inbox must be filled with hatemail.

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Yeah... thats like Gnomes not being able to become warriors in WoW ! OMGWTFBBWSAUCE! That would have made be quit even long before I actually did.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

I think female characters should be restricted from any classes that requires a high intelligence. Maybe they should start making some cooking and baby making classes?

*ducks*

Originally posted by Hoggo

Your a moron. Look at all the Nobel Prize winners and people in Power.... All Men.... Oh...cant wait to see the WNBA dunk contest.loloolz

That is being such a sexist... grow up, seriously. Men are the ones running after women (and im a man), and this is fact.

Originally posted by rashhero

I think female characters should be restricted from any classes that requires a high intelligence. Maybe they should start making some cooking and baby making classes?

*ducks*

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

Originally posted by rashhero

*ducks*

It's ok he is only 12 they usually only think inside their pants. XD