Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something similar to WOW

2»

Comments

• thestephelsthestephels Member Posts: 7

thanks guys!!! for all the great ideas and suggestions im checkin out links to the games you guys provided...any free trials or beta links are appreciated! Thanks again! :)

• NeeAnderTallNeeAnderTall Member Posts: 79

An MMO Like WOW? Well shucks....SOE tried to make Star Wars Galaxies a WOW Clone two years ago with the NGE.  I will list the 4 most painful parrallels found between the two games I have experienced.

They dumbed down 32 diverse professions down to just 8 Iconic classes to match WOW's 8 basic Professions. MATCH

SWG - Jedi, Commando, Combat Medic, Spy, Smuggler, Entertainer, Officer, Bounty Hunter, 4 types of Trader. Anyone can play Politician and Beastmaster if they choose to do so.

WOW - Paladin, Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, and Mage.

II. They recently employed a Expertise system that is a carbon copy of WOW's Talent trees for each class.  MATCH

III. There are basically two oppositions if both MMO's. Rebel Alliance vs Empire, and in WOW its Alliance vs. Horde. MATCH

They recently published the Beast Master system which any of the 8 iconic classes can play, realizing alot of Creature Handlers fled to WOW to play Hunters until SOE realized they could get these veterans back with the recent Chap 6 publish re-introducting Beast Master. BM is really a combination of two former professions, Creature Handler, and BIO Engineer. It is expensive to go full bore BM and have all the supplies you need from all four needed Trader classes crafted items. You could start making mounts as a small startup into the BM profession as soon as you can afford 6 expertise points to acquire the "train mount" skill.

As it is in WOW as a Hunter you're only allowed to store upto 3 combat pets....so it is in SWG now. MATCH

3 combat pets, and well...you could count upto as many as 9 other pets that can be mounts or droids you can store on your character's personal datapad in SWG. Small technical difference. Those in WOW who became exhaulted in every race for their faction could obtain more mounts if they so chose to do so.

If you love melee combat, then I recommend you visit SWG and play a Jedi. Coming from WOW, it was almost the same feeling. But you have at least a chance to shoot blasters and exercise combat specials...which in WOW these would be called....spells.

Maybe MMO design has stagnated. WOW shown every MMO developer what they had and it was appealing....to a point. Everyone has their limit before they ask, What else is there?

SOE's chap 6 ploy seems to be paying off. Server populations are growing again. Alot of the arriving players are returning veterans. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

That rose online looks really odd.. why on earth do they have characters what look like little girls dressed in well bugger all really.. very odd

• superyyboysuperyyboy Member Posts: 7

i think there is no similar to WOW.since this game content the culture of  something.like HERRY POTTER...i could say there is no similar film like that .

if there is some game iike WOW.maybe you could consider it as wow copies.

it is only my opinion~