Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The TRUE character of RuneScape

NightowljrmNightowljrm Member Posts: 4

You always see these reviews bashing RuneScape. There's always "This game SUCKS", "Only losers play this game", etc. Well, look at the User Rating as of Thursday, August 09, 2007. It is currently 6.8. Notice anything? More people who have rated it like it that not. Over 50%. Interesting. Continuing. Over one million people pay to play this game. So it has to be good. Second, approximately two million people play the free version of the game. Most people who give this game a review have only played the F2P version. The F2P version, I must admit, is full of immature eight-year-olds who think they're better than everyone else just because they have 40+ combat level.  So, the F2P version, although it is great, the community is not. (This is probably because RuneScape is affiliates with other gaming sites such as Miniclip and Addicting Games.) Then you always see people bashing the graphics without rest. Look, it's a Java game not to mention Browser-Based. Jagex is trying to reach people with Dial-up, such as myself, as well as the people with DSL and Broadband. So the graphics aren't going to be as great as these downloadble games. Furthermore, graphics isn't what makes the game great, it's the gameplay and the game itself. (One of the reasons why I mainly play NES, SNES, and Sega Genisis games.) Which brings to my next topic, the gameplay. There's plenty to do in F2P. The time for you to get Full Rune, All F2P quests completed, and respectable F2P skills could take quite sometime. So when people are saying there's not much to do, they haven't explored the game as a whole yet. Then, when you decide to become a P2P member, it's like a whole new game. The world is expanded atleast 5x. New updates are added to the game every month. (PLUS, these updates are a quest per month usually, graphical updates, new items, and MUCH MORE.) So being a member for just $5 is great! It's well worth your time and money. Now back on subject. Like I have said, several of these reviewers haven't even given P2P a chance. P2P is a wonderful experience to the game. All of the immature pests are gone, people are more polite, 110+ quests (not including F2P), 25 or so minigames, 3000+ items, 5000+ monsters, and atleast 25+ new towns! That doesn't include all of the dungeons, caves, tunnels, sewers, and castles you can explore! Then there are plenty of skills! Farming, Slayer, Hunter, Construction, Fletching, Herblore, Thieving, Agility and more skills come when you become P2P. Those are all added to the F2P version. Plus, when you become a P2P member, the F2P skills expand! So there's even more to do! Oh, and did I mention the update that is coming this month? New base clothes/hair designes for your character! So this proves that Jagex cares about their players and is expanding to this game! It's a wonderful game as a whole. Sure, there are a few kinks and screw ups but what game doesn't have those? Nothing's perfect. So when people bash this game, I strongly believe that people haven't given this game the complete review that it requires. Besides, it's a great way to get into the MMORPG genre. Thus, here is my own review:

Nightowljrm's RuneScape review.

Graphics 7/10     The main reason why this got a 7/10 is because it's Java-based. For Java, these are wonderful graphics! For a game such as an MMORPG, not so much. But they aren't terrible, they're actually very good. N64-style, is what I like to call it.

Gameplay 9/10     Wonderful gameplay. Simple yet extensive controls, all you need is a mouse and a keyboard! Most MMORPGs are like this, so this really isn't much. But the simple controls of the right-clicking is really a possitive for RuneScape.

Controls 9.5/10     Clean, crisp, and neat controls. Just move the arrow keys to get a good angle, click the mouse to walk, trade, examine, and do all of the other actions requried for this game.

Extensive content 9/10     Yet another advantage of the game being a Java scripted, Browser-Based game. Jagex can update this gave whenever they want! Adding hordes of new content! Holiday events, special events, new content added every month!

Customer support, 5/10 F2P; 8.5/10 P2P.      Of course, Jagex is going to mainly focas on their P2P customers rather their F2P. I don't think I'd have to explain the reasons these ratings got what they received.

Updates 9.5/10     The updates added to this game or exciting, great, and very extensive! New quests give the game access to new places, new towns, and more places that you can't even imagine! Not to mention all of the new Minigames, Towns, Weapons, Armour, and other content Jagex adds. Speaking of updates, there isn't just one update per month. Sometimes even 10!

Community 5/10 F2P; 9/10 P2P     Like I've said several times before, F2P is packed of immature, annoying, perverted kids. P2P, however, is the polar opposite. 'Nuff said.

Combat 8/10     The combat system is really something. For PK'ing, Mage is deffinately the way to go. For quests and monster-killing, Melee and Range. Put these attack styles in a minigame or Free-for-all location such as the wilderness and Hell is raised. It's simple, yet extensive.

Minigames 9/10     The minigames are great! There are minigames that support almost every skill! Not to mention the great rewards that you can get! Experience, exclusive armor and weapons, rights to enter a new location, and much more!

Style 7/10     The style is kind of common - Medieval. However, there are loads of new twists. Cannons, crossbows, Ancient Magiks. Then you get to the whacky random events! You gotta play the game to see what exactly I'm talking about.

Quests 7.5/10    Several unique quests. I'm not much of a quester and that may be the reason why this rating is a bit lower than the others. Anyway, the quests are very unique. Murder Mysteries, Bandits...people being turned into chickens. There's truely something for everyone here.

Skills 9/10    Wonderful skills. Unique as well. The only way to get the full review of this is to play the game yourself.

Weapons 8/10    *sighs* Where do I begin? Dang, there's so many different types of weapons.  Again, play the game or read the RuneScape Knowledge base! There's no way I can cover all the weapons here!

Armour 7/10    Deh...I don't even have the time to explain all of the armour. Barrows, Dragon, Adamant, Skeletal, Granite...Check the RuneScape Knowledge base to see the thousands of armour classes there are!

Availability (How easy it is to access to the actual game.) 10/10     This is one of the reasons why I LOVE this game and Jagex, the company. Like I've said probably 10 times before. It's Java making it easily available through Dial-Up. Then it's Web-based so no 10-day downloads for us Dial-Up users. Then membership is only $5 so it doesn't put a dent into your pocket like WoW when you want the full nature of the game!

Forum Community 9.5/10     Great forum community. Jagex really gets involved with their customers. You can submit your own ideas, talk about every aspect of the game. Discuss current events...there's truely a possitive reflection of the game here.

Uniqueness 7/10 (Look at the "Style" rating)

Economy 9/10     The Economy is always changing! Just like in real life! Prices go up, down. Then when Jagex throughs in new items, it gets even better. The construction skill really makes this part of the game wonderful.

Overall: 8.7/10    Read all of the content to understand why this game got this rating.

Cost: 10/10    Awesome! F2P has loads of content! A year's worth of treasures to find, skills to level, places to explore, quests to embark on, and too much more! Then when you become a P2P-er, your world is expanded litterally 30x as much. Maybe more! I know a player who has played this game since RSC (he's had two previous accounts that have gotten banned...) and he still hasn't covered everything the game has! Maybe this is because of Jagex reliable, constant updates?

Comments: Sure, there are several other greater games out there. But that doesn't mean this is a peice of crap game. That just means they're better in somebody else's opinion. We're all different, we all have different styles, different tastes, different...EVERYTHING! So people are going to love this game. (Such as the 2.5 Million people currently playing.) Or the others. Sure, 25 Million+ people play WoW. Kudos for them! But that doesn't mean that RuneScape is no greater or no less.

NOTE: This is mainly opinions, of course. That's what a review is. But I thought that RuneScape needs a complete and thorough review, so that's what I gave it. If you disagree, which I'm sure most of you will, tough. It's a great game and worth a true test run. Like I said before, it's a great game to get into the MMORPG genre.

~|*Nightowljrm*|~
www.freewebs.com/nightowljrmhq

Comments

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

I used to play in 5th grade but why go for a f2p game like this when there are better MMO's out there that are f2p and will run on most PC's.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Originally posted by RespyShunt

I used to play in 5th grade but why go for a f2p game like this when there are better MMO's out there that are f2p and will run on most PC's.
    There arent any f2p games better than runescape that will run on most pc's.

To the op:

gratz on the review, i'd just like to point WoW doesnt have 25million+ players it recently just hit 9 million players

?

• maveric007maveric007 Member UncommonPosts: 160

One has to question reviews with so many 9+/10 ratings. What is the 10 compare to? Even my favorite games of all time would not have such high rateings. I suppose if your comparing it to all other f2p games heh.....

• NightowljrmNightowljrm Member Posts: 4

In a way, I did write this review compared to other F2P games, in a way I didn't. I tried to rate it on every aspect of the game itself.

About the 9+ ratings: All reviews are opinions. Many of the 9+ ratings are due to the fact I love this game so much.

About WoW Players: I had read that they had a much larger amount...I guess it was writen by some fan boy.

~|*Nightowljrm*|~
    www.freewebs.com/nightowljrmhq

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Nightowljrm

In a way, I did write this review compared to other F2P games, in a way I didn't. I tried to rate it on every aspect of the game itself.
    About the 9+ ratings: All reviews are opinions. Many of the 9+ ratings are due to the fact I love this game so much.
    About WoW Players: I had read that they had a much larger amount...I guess it was writen by some fan boy.

Some fan boy, eh.  Well i guess that could be said about you too, giving the combat system of Runescape an 8/10 and weapons the same.  I guess 3 options per weapon is good, doing a constant, never ending swing with a sword, swing forward, swing forward, swing forward, and i guess different collored swords are cool.  I mean sure i want 3 separate lvl broadswords with no different features beside the color to set it off.  No modded weapons like a broadsword with +3 agil and then the same one with different stats.  Yeahhh, real great weapons, real great.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Originally posted by AkaJetson

To the op:
    gratz on the review, i'd just like to point WoW doesnt have 25million+ players it recently just hit 9 million players
    First of all: Anarchy Online and according to you fanboys, Runescape doesn't get good until you become a member.

Secondly: You're an idiot if you think Runescape has 25 million active players. For all we know, they could just be counting the number of accounts ever made.

Did i even say runescape has 25million active players? NO. Actually read the whole post before you respond.

?

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

To the op:
    First of all: Anarchy Online and according to you fanboys, Runescape doesn't get good until you become a member.

Secondly: You're an idiot if you think Runescape has 25 million active players. For all we know, they could just be counting the number of accounts ever made.

Did i even say runescape has 25million active players? NO. Actually read the whole post before you respond.

Well, my mistake then.

• ArchemonArchemon Member Posts: 8

^^ LMAO! I love how you just posted that ON A FUCKING RUNESCAPE FORUM... God, what a dumbass... Maybe if you're telling all the little runescape "fanboys" to go away on a forum about the fucking game, YOU'RE in the wrong place.

Anyway, great review. ^^ Totally agree.

And about the weapons, so what if there are no upgrades for weapons? I don't see why that's so "AMAZING" or it makes it that much better. Plus, there aren't like 4 sets of weapons and armor and that's it... They come out with new sets ever so often, and there are lik... *Counts* 10+ sets? I think... But they really do update SO frequently that it's crazy.

• Originally posted by AkaJetson

Originally posted by RespyShunt

To the op:

Pfft, you make 9 million sound like just another number.

In this case, World of Warcraft has 9 million paying customers that are actively subscribed to the game.

There is no doubt in my mind that less than 30% of Runescape's community have access to P2P servers.

So much for Runescape's amazing ~2mill, right? According to this guy's reviews, it's really easy to get into Runescape.

It's sad that as accessable as Runescape is, it has less players than a p2p downloadable.

Hmm... I wonder why... maybe because Runescape SUCKS??

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

The only thing I need to disagree with you on is weapons and armor.

How many high levels do you see wearing chainmail? Anything below Rune? Leather? Anything like that? Shortswords? Daggers (besides the DDS).  Jagex needs to do a better job in making a variety in what benifits the armor has. They should make chainmale really good against ranged but not mage, and platemail not so good against ranged but good against other melee and mage. And armors below rune would just have to stay the same I guess, but then leather shortswords, daggers, 2hs. There needs to be a 'good in this way, bad in this way' type of thing to get people out of the 'barrows and whip' 'full d and whip' type of thing.

I also think they should entirely get rid of F2P....this site MMORPG.Com actually categorizes RuneScape (not Runescape) as a F2P game, meaning the people here at MMORPG.Com have only expereinced the F2P version. Alot of other sites class it as only F2P too. And then graphics, if you keep up with RuneScape like I do,then you know they just recently (along with some quests) added a new animation to the 2H Sword stances, walk/run, and attacks. It looks AWESOME. And you know what htat means, pretty soon that means update to Daggers, shortswords/longswords, ranged, mage, all that stuff!

Also...the Economy is very strange in RuneScape. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that is a bad thing, its actually kind of fun to watch rare/discontinued items go up and down and yews and all that.But...a major 'bug' in the Economy...Macroers/Autoers. Im too upset about that to go into it lol.

Among The Shadows
    http://atsdf.com/

• wonderartswonderarts Member Posts: 11

i was playing this game 1 year ago and i was thinking "WoW so this game rocks!" but i got badly robed. I was making money wiht selling yew :) and after 4 days doing this i had 500k and i was so happy but one of my "friends" robed me i was so angry i stoped playing RS foreverer :(  i miss the game but i wont start it again ;(. Im playing Guildwars now. i think its better becouse i love the PvP and the mission style PvE. after 10 months in GW i have weapons for 1000k and 4 15k armors. BTW runescape may have bad graphics but the game's charm makes it unique :).  In GW youll find me -  Car Kaloyan .

• timmytgtimmytg Member Posts: 5

Dont knock it till you try it, and if you've tried it and still dont like it, then you arent good enough to play runescape.

Listen people....blah blah blah graphics, this and that. Hands down the game of runescape is for true skillers. People that like the game of challenge. And not for people that see a game for how good the graphics are. Because a game with the best graphics in the world, can still suck due to the fact that it is just no fun.

I have been playing Runescape for over 2 years. I havent changed games because it is fun to play, it is challenging, it is fun for competing, and you can do what you want, when you want. Oh and did i mention im 34 years old? Both of my boys play with me and we find it fun to do quests together, work on skills together, or whatever else we choose to do. Unlike some games there is more purpose to Runescape then graphics, and such.

I have friends in the game from every aspect of the world. England, Venezuela, and the Netherlands. These people dont have the privilege of being able to play other high graphical games due to the fact that they dont have high speed capability, they dont always have the means for newer age computer equipment, and they dont always have the means to accessing packaged games.

I love the game for the fact that when i log on i have the choice of a million things i can do that day to improve my skills, or if i just want someone to talk to. I can talk to my friends from across the globe, or my real world friends, i can challenge my friends or enemy (lol) to a duel, work on the structure of my house, or go to the wild and kill or be killed. Yes, like all games there are fallbacks, but let me tell you something....until you get your skills up to where you can experience things not all others can, you havent truely become a real Runescaper....

Im now a level 91 and am in the 1400s in total level, and am finding that the more skills i raise, i even get more choices as to what i can do in the game, whether you are a member or free world runer. And for 5 dollars a month, you cant beat the price to becoming a member. even kids, cause if you cant work for your parents to gather up 5 dollars a month, then you are just plain lazy, and laziness wont make you a good Runescaper.

so listen people before you knock it, you better try it. And if you have tried it and still dont like it, then you are not a true gamer, because the real gamers like a challenge, and are skillers at heart.

Timmytg

Originally posted by timmytg

Dont knock it till you try it, and if you've tried it and still dont like it, then you arent good enough to play runescape.

Listen people....blah blah blah graphics, this and that. Hands down the game of runescape is for true skillers. People that like the game of challenge. And not for people that see a game for how good the graphics are. Because a game with the best graphics in the world, can still suck due to the fact that it is just no fun.

I have been playing Runescape for over 2 years. I havent changed games because it is fun to play, it is challenging, it is fun for competing, and you can do what you want, when you want. Oh and did i mention im 34 years old? Both of my boys play with me and we find it fun to do quests together, work on skills together, or whatever else we choose to do. Unlike some games there is more purpose to Runescape then graphics, and such.

I have friends in the game from every aspect of the world. England, Venezuela, and the Netherlands. These people dont have the privilege of being able to play other high graphical games due to the fact that they dont have high speed capability, they dont always have the means for newer age computer equipment, and they dont always have the means to accessing packaged games.

I love the game for the fact that when i log on i have the choice of a million things i can do that day to improve my skills, or if i just want someone to talk to. I can talk to my friends from across the globe, or my real world friends, i can challenge my friends or enemy (lol) to a duel, work on the structure of my house, or go to the wild and kill or be killed. Yes, like all games there are fallbacks, but let me tell you something....until you get your skills up to where you can experience things not all others can, you havent truely become a real Runescaper....

Im now a level 91 and am in the 1400s in total level, and am finding that the more skills i raise, i even get more choices as to what i can do in the game, whether you are a member or free world runer. And for 5 dollars a month, you cant beat the price to becoming a member. even kids, cause if you cant work for your parents to gather up 5 dollars a month, then you are just plain lazy, and laziness wont make you a good Runescaper.
    so listen people before you knock it, you better try it. And if you have tried it and still dont like it, then you are not a true gamer, because the real gamers like a challenge, and are skillers at heart.

Timmytg

nicely said

?

• Krupin9Krupin9 Member Posts: 18

For me the Runescape is really great game. Yes, the graphic is bit crappy, but there is so much things to do, that this is really fun.

Quests are very good. Every quest is made with fabular theme, tells the story to the player.

I consider crafting as very good. It is easy for simple things, and complicated for special items.

• arvinderarvinder Member Posts: 7

You can't judge runescape until you have played p2p it is awesome.

find me in runescape- amrit18 

I RULE

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

i have played runescape for a year or so i liked it back then

but its time is over like the dinosaurs

wtf...now i have 2 posts deleted in this thread

?

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

You only have 1 deleted, and I wouldn't worry about it the mods are just too strict here.. Not as strict as the ones in RS, but still strict either way. Got banned one time for telling this guy "I don't think your parents are very good" and got banned for "Personal attacks" for about 120 days.

Originally posted by Kaabulk

You only have 1 deleted, and I wouldn't worry about it the mods are just too strict here.. Not as strict as the ones in RS, but still strict either way. Got banned one time for telling this guy "I don't think your parents are very good" and got banned for "Personal attacks" for about 120 days.

I used to have two, it was my first post in this thread that was deleted but i think they relooked over it and deleted Repsyshunt's (i was arguing with him) but yeh they are a bit too strict...

?

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Nightowljrm

You always see these reviews bashing RuneScape. There's always "This game SUCKS", "Only losers play this game", etc. Well, look at the User Rating as of Thursday, August 09, 2007. It is currently 6.8. Notice anything? More people who have rated it like it that not. Over 50%. Interesting. Continuing. Over one million people pay to play this game. So it has to be good. Second, approximately two million people play the free version of the game. Most people who give this game a review have only played the F2P version. The F2P version, I must admit, is full of immature eight-year-olds who think they're better than everyone else just because they have 40+ combat level.  So, the F2P version, although it is great, the community is not. (This is probably because RuneScape is affiliates with other gaming sites such as Miniclip and Addicting Games.) Then you always see people bashing the graphics without rest. Look, it's a Java game not to mention Browser-Based. Jagex is trying to reach people with Dial-up, such as myself, as well as the people with DSL and Broadband. So the graphics aren't going to be as great as these downloadble games. Furthermore, graphics isn't what makes the game great, it's the gameplay and the game itself. (One of the reasons why I mainly play NES, SNES, and Sega Genisis games.) Which brings to my next topic, the gameplay. There's plenty to do in F2P. The time for you to get Full Rune, All F2P quests completed, and respectable F2P skills could take quite sometime. So when people are saying there's not much to do, they haven't explored the game as a whole yet. Then, when you decide to become a P2P member, it's like a whole new game. The world is expanded atleast 5x. New updates are added to the game every month. (PLUS, these updates are a quest per month usually, graphical updates, new items, and MUCH MORE.) So being a member for just $5 is great! It's well worth your time and money. Now back on subject. Like I have said, several of these reviewers haven't even given P2P a chance. P2P is a wonderful experience to the game. All of the immature pests are gone, people are more polite, 110+ quests (not including F2P), 25 or so minigames, 3000+ items, 5000+ monsters, and atleast 25+ new towns! That doesn't include all of the dungeons, caves, tunnels, sewers, and castles you can explore! Then there are plenty of skills! Farming, Slayer, Hunter, Construction, Fletching, Herblore, Thieving, Agility and more skills come when you become P2P. Those are all added to the F2P version. Plus, when you become a P2P member, the F2P skills expand! So there's even more to do! Oh, and did I mention the update that is coming this month? New base clothes/hair designes for your character! So this proves that Jagex cares about their players and is expanding to this game! It's a wonderful game as a whole. Sure, there are a few kinks and screw ups but what game doesn't have those? Nothing's perfect. So when people bash this game, I strongly believe that people haven't given this game the complete review that it requires. Besides, it's a great way to get into the MMORPG genre. Thus, here is my own review:
    Nightowljrm's RuneScape review.
    Graphics 7/10     The main reason why this got a 7/10 is because it's Java-based. For Java, these are wonderful graphics! For a game such as an MMORPG, not so much. But they aren't terrible, they're actually very good. N64-style, is what I like to call it.
    Gameplay 9/10     Wonderful gameplay. Simple yet extensive controls, all you need is a mouse and a keyboard! Most MMORPGs are like this, so this really isn't much. But the simple controls of the right-clicking is really a possitive for RuneScape.
    Controls 9.5/10     Clean, crisp, and neat controls. Just move the arrow keys to get a good angle, click the mouse to walk, trade, examine, and do all of the other actions requried for this game.
    Ok... 9.5/10 is way to much considering the restrictions imposed by the controls. Click, and wait. Whatever happened to WASD or arrows?
    Extensive content 9/10     Yet another advantage of the game being a Java scripted, Browser-Based game. Jagex can update this gave whenever they want! Adding hordes of new content! Holiday events, special events, new content added every month!
    I agree with this, as the flexibility of Java meant that players didn't have to download patches every week, which is about the ammount of changes that Jagex make to the game every few weeks.
    Customer support, 5/10 F2P; 8.5/10 P2P.      Of course, Jagex is going to mainly focas on their P2P customers rather their F2P. I don't think I'd have to explain the reasons these ratings got what they received.
    1/10 for both of them. Even in the aftermath of the recent updates, higher level players who have played the game since classic and probably P2P, have posted queries on the forum, only to be blanked out my J Mods, Customer support? Non-existent. For a good example, check out "Runescape review and report card" thread by Llamster and read the review on there. And that was by a player who had played the game since early classic.
    Updates 9.5/10     The updates added to this game or exciting, great, and very extensive! New quests give the game access to new places, new towns, and more places that you can't even imagine! Not to mention all of the new Minigames, Towns, Weapons, Armour, and other content Jagex adds. Speaking of updates, there isn't just one update per month. Sometimes even 10!
    Right, most updates haeve been pretty good, up to about November last year. But come on, since then, Jagex's all out battle on RWT has caused 1000's to quit. Although I agree, God Wars Dungeon, Grand Exchange (mostly), loads of town makeovers, and loads more. Almost 7-8/10. Almost.
    Community 5/10 F2P; 9/10 P2P     Like I've said several times before, F2P is packed of immature, annoying, perverted kids. P2P, however, is the polar opposite. 'Nuff said.
     Thats totally true. I would prbably give F2P a bit lower than 5, actually.
    Combat 8/10     The combat system is really something. For PK'ing, Mage is deffinately the way to go. For quests and monster-killing, Melee and Range. Put these attack styles in a minigame or Free-for-all location such as the wilderness and Hell is raised. It's simple, yet extensive.
    Runescape's downfall for ages. Rather like the controls. Click. And wait. PKing used to be brilliant until they mroe or less got rid of wild, with Bounty Hunter the nearest thing they got to it now. Not big enough though.
    Minigames 9/10     The minigames are great! There are minigames that support almost every skill! Not to mention the great rewards that you can get! Experience, exclusive armor and weapons, rights to enter a new location, and much more!
    Yes, the Minigames in RS are extensive and varied, 8-9/10.
    Style 7/10     The style is kind of common - Medieval. However, there are loads of new twists. Cannons, crossbows, Ancient Magiks. Then you get to the whacky random events! You gotta play the game to see what exactly I'm talking about.
    This section is totally opinionated. Depends what kinda style you like, really.
    Quests 7.5/10    Several unique quests. I'm not much of a quester and that may be the reason why this rating is a bit lower than the others. Anyway, the quests are very unique. Murder Mysteries, Bandits...people being turned into chickens. There's truely something for everyone here.
    Quests added more or less every few weeks, but none for the F2P masses for ages. Bit onesided really.
    Skills 9/10    Wonderful skills. Unique as well. The only way to get the full review of this is to play the game yourself.
     Why so many people play it. No classes or races, just one char which can be adapted to loads of skills. One of the many reasons why people play this game.
    Weapons 8/10    *sighs* Where do I begin? Dang, there's so many different types of weapons.  Again, play the game or read the RuneScape Knowledge base! There's no way I can cover all the weapons here!

Armour 7/10    Deh...I don't even have the time to explain all of the armour. Barrows, Dragon, Adamant, Skeletal, Granite...Check the RuneScape Knowledge base to see the thousands of armour classes there are!
    Both amour and weapons have loads of combinations to choose from. One or two new items are a bit pontless though really.
    Availability (How easy it is to access to the actual game.) 10/10     This is one of the reasons why I LOVE this game and Jagex, the company. Like I've said probably 10 times before. It's Java making it easily available through Dial-Up. Then it's Web-based so no 10-day downloads for us Dial-Up users. Then membership is only $5 so it doesn't put a dent into your pocket like WoW when you want the full nature of the game!
    But with WoW you're paying for a much better all round game, with much more depth than RS.
    Forum Community 9.5/10     Great forum community. Jagex really gets involved with their customers. You can submit your own ideas, talk about every aspect of the game. Discuss current events...there's truely a possitive reflection of the game here.
    Mostly great apart from (some) J Mods who, if queried, will hardly ever answer a queston truthfully if it is against Jagex.
    Uniqueness 7/10 (Look at the "Style" rating)
    Economy 9/10     The Economy is always changing! Just like in real life! Prices go up, down. Then when Jagex throughs in new items, it gets even better. The construction skill really makes this part of the game wonderful.
    Also Great. Grand Exchange has made it a bit more ridgid though now, such as when try to pay maybe a lower price for an item, theseller will sy. "*Its not that cheap on the GE*".
    Overall: 8.7/10    Read all of the content to understand why this game got this rating.
    Cost: 10/10    Awesome! F2P has loads of content! A year's worth of treasures to find, skills to level, places to explore, quests to embark on, and too much more! Then when you become a P2P-er, your world is expanded litterally 30x as much. Maybe more! I know a player who has played this game since RSC (he's had two previous accounts that have gotten banned...) and he still hasn't covered everything the game has! Maybe this is because of Jagex reliable, constant updates?
    Good for people who don't want to pay too much for a game, but want a bit more to do than in F2P.
    Comments: Sure, there are several other greater games out there. But that doesn't mean this is a peice of crap game. That just means they're better in somebody else's opinion. We're all different, we all have different styles, different tastes, different...EVERYTHING! So people are going to love this game. (Such as the 2.5 Million people currently playing.) Or the others. Sure, 25 Million+ people play WoW. Kudos for them! But that doesn't mean that RuneScape is no greater or no less.
    NOTE: This is mainly opinions, of course. That's what a review is. But I thought that RuneScape needs a complete and thorough review, so that's what I gave it. If you disagree, which I'm sure most of you will, tough. It's a great game and worth a true test run. Like I said before, it's a great game to get into the MMORPG genre.

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

Those polls were in august, when the game was much funner than it is now

The game was ruined when pking was taken away, and then there was the G.E, and many ppl quit due to these updates.  The main people that play now are new players, who dont know how much beter the game was before the update, and losers who were scared of the wild who can now roam freely.  An MMO should be controlled by the community, not in Jagex.  And how seriously Jagex took the RWTer's is rediculous.  All MMO's have them, and people still have fun on them.  These updates have taken the game down, and it will take a long time to repair them.

P.S. TWO MILLION PEOPLE PLAY?! are u kidding me.  Right now there are (at best) 60-90k mems.  Many ppl quit.

• bobdorfbobdorf Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by mike480
    P.S. TWO MILLION PEOPLE PLAY?! are u kidding me.  Right now there are (at best) 60-90k mems.  Many ppl quit.

Do you really think more than 90% of the members quit? I'm skeptical about the effect being so large...Jagex is a business anyway - if 90% of the players quit, they'd probably immediately reverse the change. Seriously, they want their moneys.

There is actually about 5-6mil players.

?

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

Actually 5-6million ppl play

------------------------------------------------------

Seriously? Now mabye there are 5-6million ACCOUNTS.  But i highly doubt that there are 5million players, let alone subscribers.  Everytime i go to the runescape homepage is never says more the 300,000 people are playing.  If you dont believe me, then go check it out now.  Tell me if u see 5million people.

Actually 5-6million ppl play
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Seriously? Now mabye there are 5-6million ACCOUNTS.  But i highly doubt that there are 5million players, let alone subscribers.  Everytime i go to the runescape homepage is never says more the 300,000 people are playing.  If you dont believe me, then go check it out now.  Tell me if u see 5million people.

lol thats at the same time...not everyone who is active has to play every minute of the day.

They said they gained 1m members about a year ago, and we all know their are way more free, casual players than members. Also on the jagex site it says that amount of players.

?