Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGs with free trials...

OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
Which MMORPGs are offering a free download and trial period? Im trying to find one to play for awhile but i dont feel like paying for soemthing i wont like. Ive already tried  AC2, paid for DAoC, EQ and UO, so if someone knows some...

Comments

• SkaelSkael Member Posts: 115
    Shadowbane, Horizons, Neocron I believe, EVE Online ( go to the EVE forums on this site and there's a thread where you can ask for a trial key ), Sims Online although I wouldn't bother, and SWG has a trial now too.

Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

• JoeBiscuitJoeBiscuit Member Posts: 57

Here is a list of some free/trail/beta MMO's. List needs to be updated though...
    http://www.synergysanctum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6698

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    Thanks guys, very helpful

• DryzeDryze Member Posts: 34
    I downloaded the SWG trial 2 days ago. Im already kind of sick of it. Im sick of it because it is so damn confusing when you first start. Theres so many different help things that it confused me, and the community there wasnt helpful at ALL. At this moment im downloading Ashereons Call 2 free trial, and please god tell me that its better then SWG free trial.

• babblebabble Member Posts: 24

I've played both and liked AC2 much better than SWG. The interface and community just drove me nuts. But thats more of a personal preference thing then anything really wrong with the game.

AC2 HQ is a god AC2 site, very helpful.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

One thing i keep saying is that the AC series community are the most mature i ever seen.I played both  1 and 2 , and can say i never seen a more mature community in any mmorpg then in this 2.Apart from maybe the very very early days of EQ with server GMs that knew how to punish and a community that did not tolerate the childish behaviours of others.

• super_mesuper_me Member Posts: 18

being in south africa it is hard to pay for a game because our currency is so weak.

are there any trail that last longer than a month out there pls give me sum feedback

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

Try the 14 day free trial to Eve Online.  It is an exclusive offer between CCP and mmorpg.com

I currently play the game and I have very few complaints.  It is to me the best mmorpg out right now.  All the other ones are more of a headache.  Eve has its problems but it is a better community and your voice WILL be heard.  Its a fun game and I recommend it.  It doesnt involve alot of time either and as far as PvP goes,  if you decide you dont ever want to fire a gun in your life you can.  If you decide you want to be a pirate and kill everybody who ventures into a unsafe solarsystem you can,  and you can even take their stuff.  You can forge alliances and large corporations.  Be a trader or a scientist.  Shoot missiles and guns etc.

• super_mesuper_me Member Posts: 18
    thxs i will try it do you know any fantisy mmorg's that i can trail or beta test

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

Ryzom is currently offering a free weekend, this weekend. Still in beta, but nearing the end the way I read things.

I downloaded it last night, it is HUGE :) but upon reading over it's site, I think I may just like this one!

www.darthmyr.com

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• LadyofDarkLadyofDark Member Posts: 7

The Realm also has a 1 month trial and is US 4.95/month or 49.95/yr for subscription, which is lower than many others.

Warmest Regards,
    LadyofDarkness

Currently play: The Realm
    Have played: INN, Empiriana

• kelseakelsea Member Posts: 3

::::07::

wow you're a nazi pod booter.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by kelsea
    ::::07::
    wow you're a nazi pod booter.

Was it really necessary to bump A thread thats over a year old with some stupid remark? :/

• voodookhanvoodookhan Member Posts: 267

City of Heroes was offering a free 14 day trial as well.

--------------
    Played: Age of Conan, DDO, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, DaOC, MxO, EQ2, and so on...
    Wish List: Jumpgate Evolution, Star Wars: TOR, Star Trek

• Joel1120Joel1120 Member Posts: 624

There is offering a 3 day free trial. I believe they are gonna be brining back the 14 day trial for a short time too. The only downside is if you create a second trial you can't use vending machines. Most people need to make two trials before they can get the full expience.

There

The only limitation in There is your own imagination!