Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista?

Minno24Minno24 Member Posts: 26

Hey I was wondering if EvE works on Windows Vista, does anyone know? that would be awesome and helpful, also if it does work on Vista, than would the preformance be brought down or anything?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Yes it runs on vista with no trouble at all.

• Minno24Minno24 Member Posts: 26

o ok thanx, I think I am going to go download and play the free trial, o how do you think it would work on a laptop?

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365

It doesnt really matter wether its a laptop or a desktop. What are the specs on your laptop? then i could tell you for sure how it plays.

hmmm lemme check the specs

Intel core 2 duo T7100 @ 1.8Ghz 1.8 Ghz

2038 MB Memory

32 bit operating system

bot sure on the graphics card tho... Intel accelerator, not sure which number

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Someone in my corporation uses Vista. I would imagine it works. :)

• ramothinramothin Member UncommonPosts: 15

I got a 5 day reactivation pass to examine the new expansion.  I left EVE Online due to a number of stop errors on an older XP system.  Purchased a new Vista AMD dual-core +6000 computer and decided to try out the game one more time only to discover screen lock-ups and graphic glitches.  I have never had problems with any other MMORPG other then EVE Online.  Two completely different computers and still have problems running EVE Online.  Another person in our corporation stopped playing for the same Vista problem when he upgraded from Windows XP.  GO FIGURE?!?!?!?

Ramothin
    "None of us are as strong as all of us!
    [url=http://www.signaturebar.com/][img]http://www.sign

• darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65

EVE runs ok on vista, but your dual cores might be causing a problem, they do sometimes, try setting the affinity to one cpu(not sure how you do it on vista.

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Vista runs just fine

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• ramothinramothin Member UncommonPosts: 15

Thanks,  I will see if I can set the affinity to one CPU and see if that works ( A real possibility due to the 32 bit Vista version I discovered too late that I am running on my dual-core).  I really want to continue playing EVE Online but with the expensive costs of replacing a ship and in worse case implants if I get a screen lock-up in combat, I will stick to secure space till I can discover the root cause of the problem or till I get the 64 bit Vista version.

Ramothin
    "None of us are as strong as all of us!
    [url=http://www.signaturebar.com/][img]http://www.sign

• vanderivanderi Member Posts: 10
    Hey hey

Bought myself a new rig, desktop with Asus P5N32-E SLI motherboard, Intel 6600 dualcore processor and a Geforce 8800GTS graphics card; Running Vista ultimate edition. Using eve-launcher I run three clients at a time and during a few weeks of playing I have not had one glitch, crash or lockup. I even have the sound ENABLED!

No problems, whatsoever, here!

V
  • Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

EvE is just plain great. I'm running it on Vista Ultimate not a problem, been playing EvE of a little over 9 months as Gallente of course.

XFire is kenshiero look me up if you need some help