Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ugh, 2moons sucks

13»

Comments

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

old carbage?.....

its the best free game ever!

and if u dont like it go play wan of these ripof  p2p games!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• WehmisWehmis Member Posts: 1

2Moons gets just more boring the higher you get. lvl:ing takes too much time. They should make additional ways to gain exp

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Wehmis

2Moons gets just more boring the higher you get. lvl:ing takes too much time. They should make additional ways to gain exp
    You could fish ;)

But make sure you got even more time then just finding a good spawn and grind away on the same mob over and over. And the 17+ is just a joke, so I just deïnstalled this crap as it doesn't bring much new and refreshing things.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

This game gets dull pretty quickly... The blood and gore isn't enough to keep people playing it. I admit some of the armors and stuff are pretty cool but if u ask me its just like silkroad and is a total cookie cutter game where nearly every character will end up exactly the same when you get to a high enough level. Everyone has pretty much the same armors, same weapons, same skills, and each character can only be played one way DULL DULL DULL DULL... What more can i say??

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• mrvietlawmrvietlaw Member Posts: 69

OMG the game is in open beta just give it more time plus 2moons gonna let us give them suggestions on how to improve the game  if u don't belive me go check the website !!!!

• hawkwindhawkwind Member Posts: 124

Looking at 2 Moons is like going to a car show and seeing an amazing and futuristic car sitting there all sleek and shiny then opening the hood ....................and there is a 1968 VW engine.

Don't ya eat the yellow snow!

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by mrvietlaw

OMG the game is in open beta just give it more time plus 2moons gonna let us give them suggestions on how to improve the game  if u don't belive me go check the website !!!!
    The problem is, they will need to fully revamp the system to make it more open in the end of builds. Guess even with the feedback of an open beta that wouldn't be changed as this would mean a fully overhaul of the game mechanics. Also keep in mind that this isn't a mmorpg fully developed by Acclaim, but taken from the Asian market and tweaked a bit for the west. So if people don't like the core game mechanics there isn't much those suggestions will change.

But if you like you can stay the optimist and pray for that to happen, I however am more realistic in those things. And well if I get proven wrong I will try 2moons once more. At this time I just got a feel I already have seen everything in other games of the same type, minus the gore and f-words.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• srasmsrasm Member UncommonPosts: 42

Originally posted by Nunez1212

This is not just another typical asian MMORPG. It is a lot different then those games. It has a lot more substance to it than that. I get the feeling that most of you have played it for a very short time or have not played it at all.
    Yes, a VERY short time - at most 10 minutes I think. After that I quit because it looked (and played) like "just another typical asian MMORPG"

If this game has more substance it is well hidden - too time-consuming for me to find. Because it has WASD I thought it could be worth a try ... should have known better

• HaynsoulHaynsoul Member Posts: 21

Whoever is still saying this game is good must be in denial or has never played any other type of online game...ever. This game is so boring and the npc's sound like a bunch of 8 year olds who just learned how to swear. Sorry folks this is just another grinding clone like many other F2P MMORPGS out there (also don't say it's "more fun" because you can chop the monsters up or whatever. It's still endless grinding.)

If you want a decent F2P MMORPG then I suggest you wait for Perfect World OB, which should come out sometime this month (hopefully). I played the Chinese servers and it definitely deserves it's 7.0 hype rating. You don't have to be a certain level to have fun in that game.

• Greek_MattGreek_Matt Member Posts: 354

The simple fact is that this game is nothing... *NOTHING*... more than a second-rate translation port of yet another mindless Korean grinder (in this case Dekaron). The fact that it's free will undoubtedly appeal to those who are too poor or young (despite the so-called 17 rating this game will be played mostly by children) to afford the monthly subs of a commercial-class MMO. But at the end of the day there's nothing "edgy" or "adult" about having a bunch of cartoons swearing at each other pointlessly, or running mindless delivery or harvesting `quests'.

Those who desperately cling to their "but it's still only Beta" hopes that this game will somehow improve will be sorely disappointed - the scope of 2Moons is purely to translate the crappy dialogue into Engrish. They're not adding any graphic, gameplay or general content components to the game, so what you see is pretty much what you're gonna get.

Basically the whole concept of this game is flawed: the F2P model is generally aimed at kids, yet they claim that this definitely isn't for kids; it's a play-style aimed at Asian gamers, yet it's an English translation of an already existing Asian game; they're trying to push this game to adults, yet the content is mindless and juvenile and the dialogue feels more like a tough-talking 13 year old than an actual gritty adult. I guess at the moment many MMO gamers are so bored and desperate for something new to play that that they'll take a look, but certainly in this case the old rule definitely applies: You get what you pay for.

• ohhhmyyyyohhhmyyyy Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Greek_Matt

The simple fact is that this game is nothing... *NOTHING*... more than a second-rate translation port of yet another mindless Korean grinder (in this case Dekaron). The fact that it's free will undoubtedly appeal to those who are too poor or young (despite the so-called 17 rating this game will be played mostly by children) to afford the monthly subs of a commercial-class MMO. But at the end of the day there's nothing "edgy" or "adult" about having a bunch of cartoons swearing at each other pointlessly, or running mindless delivery or harvesting `quests'.
    Those who desperately cling to their "but it's still only Beta" hopes that this game will somehow improve will be sorely disappointed - the scope of 2Moons is purely to translate the crappy dialogue into Engrish. They're not adding any graphic, gameplay or general content components to the game, so what you see is pretty much what you're gonna get.
    Basically the whole concept of this game is flawed: the F2P model is generally aimed at kids, yet they claim that this definitely isn't for kids; it's a play-style aimed at Asian gamers, yet it's an English translation of an already existing Asian game; they're trying to push this game to adults, yet the content is mindless and juvenile and the dialogue feels more like a tough-talking 13 year old than an actual gritty adult. I guess at the moment many MMO gamers are so bored and desperate for something new to play that that they'll take a look, but certainly in this case the old rule definitely applies: You get what you pay for.

Well said! I agree completely with this post.

• EisKonekoEisKoneko Member Posts: 8

I played the game for a couple of days I got to lvl ten then after that it was really just a bunch of grinding It got to the point where I was too frustrated to play. I also had trouble telling who I was at the beginning everyone who was the same species as me looked exactly like me which kinda made me want to quit right away. There was one part of the game I liked though if you know how to do it you can use an in game MP3 player which I thought was pretty cool it gets annoying sometimes having to listen to the game music and it was nice that for a change I could listen to my own.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by oakierush

Originally posted by Greek_Matt

Well said! I agree completely with this post.

As do I. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, this CognetoJoe is also trolling the DnL forums, exclaiming how great it will eventually be and that beta testers didn't do their job is the reason DnL failed. So, I'd take his opinion on ANY game with a grain of salt.

As for whether this game will succeed, i doubt it,really. Mostly kids playing (which means less item shop revenue), the original game Dekaron is years old and this is hardly an improvement of the original. So, after the original dekaron players come to see what 2Moons is, only to see it's the same game they've already grown tired of, they will be gone. The American/EU market will not support this POS. Very few adults will be around after a month or less, and as I said, you can't pay for a game on children's salaries.

Bye-bye, 2Moons. Don't forget to flush.

• This game is definitly not for everyone, but it is for some people. Maybe you do not like the game....maybe you played it for two seconds, and said "ohh, this game will ammount to nothing" Well, this game has a good community, and many improvements coming along the way. The game gets a lot better as you level up. The game doesn't even really start getting fun until like lvl's 34, or about 60....because those are the levels when you get to the really nice dungeons. Yes, you have to grind a bit....but it's not that hard and does not take that long. A few things that are coming along the way are: Dead Front, more events such as: double xp, double drops, more quests with better xp, talk about a nice crafting system, there is also talk about dyes coming soon, and more customization. Dead Front is supposed to be a weekly event where 4 groups of 4 will enter and area to fight, hundreds and possibly thousands of monsters, and bosses. At the end you will have to fight the remaing groups with your group. This will get you loads of xp, and sounds quite fun. They said that they will add it....when the servers are ready, and stable enough. The double xp and drop rates are supposed to be another weekly event, soon to be added.... I got the information about the customization and dyes on the games podcast.

• redman7tredman7t Member Posts: 27

This game is definitly not for everyone, but it is for some people. Maybe you do not like the game....maybe you played it for two seconds, and said "ohh, this game will ammount to nothing" Well, this game has a good community, and many improvements coming along the way. The game gets a lot better as you level up. The game doesn't even really start getting fun until like lvl's 34, or about 60....because those are the levels when you get to the really nice dungeons. Yes, you have to grind a bit....but it's not that hard and does not take that long. A few things that are coming along the way are: Dead Front, more events such as: double xp, double drops, more quests with better xp, talk about a nice crafting system, there is also talk about dyes coming soon, and more customization. Dead Front is supposed to be a weekly event where 4 groups of 4 will enter and area to fight, hundreds and possibly thousands of monsters, and bosses. At the end you will have to fight the remaing groups with your group. This will get you loads of xp, and sounds quite fun. They said that they will add it....when the servers are ready, and stable enough. The double xp and drop rates are supposed to be another weekly event, soon to be added.... I got the information about the customization and dyes on the games podcast.

No offense but who are you trying to prove if you like this game then go on with your business. Why are you trying to push up 2moons standards so much as to the point like your on your knees begging us. I am worker from GW, you would think we know our stuff about pvp? My advice If you like this game go on with your bad self and stop reading these post cause you know what'll you'll find here. If you like it you like it, just don't think majority follows with you, and please don't beg them. Also I know some of you will question if i really am who I am well what did I say? I won't argue with you on my position.To end this post I will say in MY opinion this game is not up to the standards of today, thats the truth.

• You said at the end of your post that it was your opinion...than you say it's the truth, as if it is a fact. Which is it? Are you pushing your opinion as a fact? Also, I never begged anywhere on these forums at all for people to like the game...I was merely explaining my opinion. I know what I find on these boards, and yes I still do play, but I like to see how the game is coming along on the site.

• HaynsoulHaynsoul Member Posts: 21

You said at the end of your post that it was your opinion...than you say it's the truth, as if it is a fact. Which is it? Are you pushing your opinion as a fact? Also, I never begged anywhere on these forums at all for people to like the game...I was merely explaining my opinion. I know what I find on these boards, and yes I still do play, but I like to see how the game is coming along on the site.

Wth? Can't you read? He said it's the truth that it's HIS opinion. He didn't say his opinion is the truth. Sheesh.

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

I tried 2 Moons Closed Beta and uninstalled it after about 30 minutes or so.

I decided to give it another try the other day  and for the most part , the things that are being said here are pretty much true. My view is this , the pathing is pretty bad , the targeting is difficult  , the graphics are cartoonish  , the characters are clones , the exp rates are to slow , the profanity is a joke , and it`s currently filled and I mean really crowded full of morons every 2 feet or so, that either attack anyone they see , spam for duels or just ks everyone . Really not an easy gaming environment , not relaxing and the worse part is having to travel to an area to grind , have some moron pk you , get sent all the way back to a respawn area and have to go all the way back to where you were. The game is literaly filled with every scourge in the mmorpg world because they can run around and start griefing people from  beginning levels.

With that being said , I`m still playing it. Why ?  The main reason is because it has one thing going for it that I like in a game and that`s a stat building system that has no cap on stat points. Currently all the games I`ve played either have a pre ordained fixed stat system or a limited stat system and allow for no variables or creativity in buiding a character. This game gives you 5 stat points to do with as you please as long as you meet your weapon requirements. My opinion is that  right now all the games out there suck one way or another but at least with this one I can have a little fun with the build . Lets see . today I think I`ll make a char with 400 dex points lol. Well you get the idea.

Incidently , If anyone can recommend a game that has similar stat building options that allow for these type of variables when it comes to character creation , please point me in the right direction , the more complex the better. And please not SRO or Hero , those are two of the worst grindfest , bot and scam infested games known to mankind.

I should also point out that 2 Moons does offer instances and their refinement system is not to bad either for enhancing items. I was able to get to level 25 in 1 day but the game is just so damn crowded now it`s hard to move. Lots of inmature behavior for a " mature" game lol.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by zaltar

I tried 2 Moons Closed Beta and uninstalled it after about 30 minutes or so.
    I decided to give it another try the other day  and for the most part , the things that are being said here are pretty much true. My view is this , the pathing is pretty bad , the targeting is difficult  , the graphics are cartoonish  , the characters are clones , the exp rates are to slow , the profanity is a joke , and it`s currently filled and I mean really crowded full of morons every 2 feet or so, that either attack anyone they see , spam for duels or just ks everyone . Really not an easy gaming environment , not relaxing and the worse part is having to travel to an area to grind , have some moron pk you , get sent all the way back to a respawn area and have to go all the way back to where you were. The game is literaly filled with every scourge in the mmorpg world because they can run around and start griefing people from  beginning levels.
    With that being said , I`m still playing it. Why ?  The main reason is because it has one thing going for it that I like in a game and that`s a stat building system that has no cap on stat points. Currently all the games I`ve played either have a pre ordained fixed stat system or a limited stat system and allow for no variables or creativity in buiding a character. This game gives you 5 stat points to do with as you please as long as you meet your weapon requirements. My opinion is that  right now all the games out there suck one way or another but at least with this one I can have a little fun with the build . Lets see . today I think I`ll make a char with 400 dex points lol. Well you get the idea.
    Incidently , If anyone can recommend a game that has similar stat building options that allow for these type of variables when it comes to character creation , please point me in the right direction , the more complex the better. And please not SRO or Hero , those are two of the worst grindfest , bot and scam infested games known to mankind.
    I should also point out that 2 Moons does offer instances and their refinement system is not to bad either for enhancing items. I was able to get to level 25 in 1 day but the game is just so damn crowded now it`s hard to move. Lots of inmature behavior for a " mature" game lol.
    You may not see eye to eye with me, but I'd recommend Diablo 2 then. You get 5 stats to spend every level between vitality, strength, dexterity, and energy. As well as a skill point. Although, most of the game has been exploited in every way possible now, and most fun comes from hell difficulty after you play it so long. And some of the builds are just a joke, considering to live in hell, you basically put all your points into vitality, nothing in energy, just enough into str to hold your equip, and none in dex, unless you melee or want max block =/. That's the normal end game build for diablo 2 =x.

But all things considered, it has still held a point in my life considering it doesn't take tooo long to level up compared to normal mmo's. And considering you are usually fighting anywhere from 1-20 mobs at a time, the exp rate goes pretty fast until you hit the 70's =x.

• zerathoszerathos Member Posts: 11

I will write a little bit of everything. I like the game... First of all, it is still open beta, but actually open beta is already like the actual release of free mmorpgs (if you understand what i mean). The game can still improve if you check the forums and see so many threads about people sugesting comments and the first thread in general disccusion is about the improvement of this game.

Background and Grinding: This game is the westerization of DEKARON, korean game. Asian games are known for there grind fest, endless killing and killing until your eyes are red and you fall sleep, which happens to me in many asian mmorpgs. The game will eventually feel like itself when Acclaim add more and more things that Dekaron doesnt have. The WASD keyboard surprised me. First game based from korean games that actually has something like the WASD but sadly the WASD is not that amazing, but everyone used it, it makes the game easier i thing. (when you are running deep in a dungeon and all the monster are agroing on you =P). Oh ya, the game is a grind fest even if you are higher level. from lvl 20-34 is a pain of grinding because their is no instance in between the novice maze and the nunvice instance. I should say that the lvl 34 instance is pritty amazing. The isntance is a SOLO dungeon which makes you feel like playing Diablo 2 but in 3D. You got 30 mins to finish it. The monster give you huge amounts of exp. and at the end it gives you 50k of exp and if you can kill the queen it give you an accesory (I havent kil the queen yet). I didnt felt the grinding fest at the moment because I am used to Asian games. The next instance is lvl +60. I hope they will put an instance in between. Btw, Dekaron is alreayd 2 years old.

+17 Recommended: Yap, this is an issue. The game is recommended to be +17 and in the game, it says that is for +17. Who knows what acclaim wants. However, it should be +17 because of the language and the violence. If you dont think that is enough violence or the "F" world is used stupidly then is your problem. I have alreayd seen so many little brats in the game cursing at others and this and that. If you just say, "i though this game was +17" sometimes they stop saying anything. Other times they respond to you. However, I can also see many mature players, more than other games around because the +17 recommendation brings older players to the game. And if you see a little kid complaining or just cursing, then change map, easy isnt it? Dont let 1 little kid ruin a game for you.

Party: Right now I am at lvl 51 and if you train alone, you will die or you will waste so much pots and money and time. YOU GOT TO PARTY. In a party, monster will always give at LEAST 50% of the exp they normaly gives. In other words, if you have a full party the monster will still give you 50% something that is nice. The bonus in party is amazing. For example, the monster that normally gives 1200 of exp, he will give 800 to each of the players of a party of 2. So party is recommended.

The party will eventually end as a AoE party, in which you have someone "driving" or making mobs follow you until you have enough and the mages, hunter, knights or warrior will use there AoE skills.  It gets a bit repetitive.

Story: I personaly doesnt care about the story for now, because right now there is not castle siege or anything that will make me show any attention to the story.

PVP / PK system: PVP and PK system doesnt mean that you will spam pots. First you have a PVP shield in which is related to your HP and defense (I think). You first need to take out my PVP shield before actually hitting my HP (is like Evangelion anime). The pvp in Dekaron and 2moons are almost the same right now. Not enough balances. At the begining of the game, summoners will dominate the PVP or PK because of the summon, which leads to a 2 vs 1 fight. And because in the bigining you dont have a lot of skills and eventually the summon will pwn you. At the end the summoner are useless in pvp. They end up being the worst class in pvp because they lack def and nobody in pvp attack the summon =P. Bagi which is the tank of the game becomes the strongest one in pvp. Which can die against the Segnale, the healer of the game (ironic isnt it? a healer pwning the tank... HAHA).

Many people complain that characters at the end of the game will end up all the same. Well there is like 4 different builts in all char. A bagi (warrior) can has the all str built, the all hp built, the balance built etc etc. I dont know y people say they will end up all the same if you actually put the stats that you like. And i should say that the knights in the game has the most diverse set of weapons and skills. Hunter can either train with bow or dagger from lvl 20-75, but eventually end with a bow at higher levels. 

Graphics: Pritty good, who said it was cartonish? maybe because your video card is not that good? dont get me wrong. I am not saying that your computer sucks but if you want to enjoy this game, get a good video card. I try this game with my moms desktop and I stop playing on the desktop because indeed it looked cartonish and it was horrible. So I just use my laptop to play.

Fishing: the game has a fishing hobbie. In which you can fish if you are dam bored of the game =P. I actually doenst fish but if you fish you can use it as pots. I will like if you can take the meat of the monster BUAHAHA...

Free2play: Yep, I used to say that item shop ruins a game. It can ruin a game and economy if you can trade shop items with other players. The game is Free. I think that more and more free games are becoming better and better because WE, gamers, demand a good quality game even if it is free. Why to just say "you get what you pay for." Why cant you just go and try to improve the game by complaining in the forum? Well maybe some bad games like SRO, ruined your view about F2P games? However a lot of F2P games just want to suck your money using the item shop. And I dont think Acclaim will do so. I think a item shop is like a donation. Support the game if you like it. If you dont like it or you dont want to buy anything, then dont do it. But you can still play without using any money isnt it?

In this thread I have seen the names of Silkroad, Archlord, Perfect World, etc etc. First SRO is a grindfest worst than this one. And let me remind you that the game is full of bots and the ones in charge of the game are greedy pigs so please dont even compare this game to SRO. About Archlord, after reading the review of gamespot.com I didnt even wanted to touch Archlord.  For Perfect World, I am not sure about it, first time hearing it. I can see the graphics are good and sure is better graphics than this game. But like I say, this game is already 2 years old.

Well I dont know what else to say and I need to go eat lunch.

Thanks for reading my opinion of this game.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by zerathos

+17 Recommended: Yap, this is an issue. The game is recommended to be +17 and in the game, it says that is for +17. Who knows what acclaim wants. However, it should be +17 because of the language and the violence. If you dont think that is enough violence or the "F" world is used stupidly then is your problem. I have alreayd seen so many little brats in the game cursing at others and this and that. If you just say, "i though this game was +17" sometimes they stop saying anything. Other times they respond to you. However, I can also see many mature players, more than other games around because the +17 recommendation brings older players to the game. And if you see a little kid complaining or just cursing, then change map, easy isnt it? Dont let 1 little kid ruin a game for you.

The problem is that more often than not it's more than one kid and when you do change maps you just come across more of the same. Maybe this balance of player/retard swings the other way as you progress to higher level zones, but one can't deny that the bad eggs in a community can turn off a lot of potential players who log on for the first time to see a discussion that goes about "i like vaginas. anyone else?" and "u r gay and u like penis" going on in Global Chat.