Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is ther anyway to change the lame movement?

loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316
topic would like to know becuase double clicking IS LAME

a job of a lorer is to preach the history of chaos with out the lorer of chaos all would be in chaos

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

Comments

• imasigimasig Member Posts: 149

Certainly.  You can right click and hit approach instead :).

But no if you're wanting to have more control over the movement of your ship such as using the arrow keys to move then your out of luck.  Total control over movement is not one of the strong points of eve.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Nor is space for that matter... hence the realistic movement of the game. image

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484
    The control and movement in the game was designed this way for a reason.  They wanted the game more strategy based and not twitch action in space.  It allows for a much more calming gameplay with more emphasis on the before battle jobs of getting your loadout prepped and learning strats.  :)

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    I didn't find the movement "lame" at all. I used the right click select option method most of the time. I just started playing, so I'm still trying to get the hang of moving the camera around. Always seem to be looking another direction when I'm fighting something.image Other than that the actual movement controls of your ship are pretty good.image

Currently Playing:
    AC2, WW2Online, SWG

Retired:
    Everquest, DAoC

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

One of the key features of eve, in its conception, was that it be playable through dialup and highspeed alike.  To this end the number of commands sent to and from the server was designed to be limited, and thus the click motion as apposed to keyboard / mouse / joystick movement.  Obviously the need to refresh the position and changing vectors of someone playing with a joystick would take up alot more communication from player to server to other players in the vacinity.  The system in eve although not as much fun as a full flight sim, does free up time to do all the other things that need doing.