Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Is The Best MMORPG You Have Ever Played?

2»

Comments

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Has anyone downloaded the game Sword Of The New World.

its a 3.2Gb Download.

Im downloading now just wanted to know what it was like cause from the screenshots on the website it looks AWESOME!

http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/

• teldathteldath Member Posts: 104

Final fantasy XI was by far my most memerable, but its closely followed by Lineage 2

I see you've played the game swords of a new world, whats it like.

Id like to hear from all players what game/games they are interested in and why?

• NazarosNazaros Member Posts: 215

Your list is a joke.

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

Well what MMORPG do you play.

Ill be glad to no.

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

EvE-Online

www.eve-online.com/

Its been the only MMORPG that i have ever played, the level of complexity, the PvP, persistant world single server has kept me in it for almost 3 years. monthly subscription of US$15 and all upgrades are free.

• AtysTraderAtysTrader Member Posts: 63

Other:   The Saga of Ryzom

I have played over 7 different MMORPGS and I can say with a good reason - this one is the best of them all. Excellent graphics, Original world, Fantastic skill system, consensual PvP and above all the most friendly and mature community you will ever find in a MMORPG!

way to go Ryzom!

What does everone else play.

• FatStefanoFatStefano Member Posts: 9

Best MMO and WHY:

1. UO - Ultima Online
      1. First game to make me sweat in fear, when I saw "RED NAMES" zoning into a cave (his name was OZ)
      2. First game that I had to hide my backpack under a tree, to save my stuff
      3. First game where the sound of a halberd swooshing gave me chills
      4. First game where the music was better than what was on the radio
      5. First game where we got to "BANK" or items
      6. First game where I went to a buddies house to play all day
      7. First game where I took off a whole week of work (I actually quit) to play (i was only 20 yrs old then)
      8. Hands down - the BEST MMORPG ever - yup the first/last true MMORPG.
  • SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Star Wars Galaxies, first six months.  Before the Jedi grind.  WELL before the CU.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144

swg before cu and nge

Ive just download the new game 2moons this morning been playing that. Got to level 21 and gave up gets kinda boring too much of a grind game, Graphics are really bad.

Anymore players like to vote or post. :D

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

The game I have kept with the most is WoW. I have been playing off and on since launch, but not necissarily because I want to. It's because it is the most populated, most social game out there right now for me. Granted with that population you get the sour apples... A) children in their teens, B) people with little social skills (see A), and C) those with little playing skills (see A and B). I am sure any game has their fair share of these miscreants. But in all, WoW is a decent game. There are many games that need improved, WoW is one of them, but there is no perfect game.

I would have to say that out of the many MMO's I have played, the one game I wish would be fixed the most is, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It had the potential to be a main-stream game and yet failed... miserably.

Just my 2 cents.

• felsparfelspar Member Posts: 61

Asheron's Call by far was the Best game i have ever played the PvP was great there was actually consequences when you died you got skill reduction and you lost items especially on the Darktide server ( PvP server) you had to watch your back every where you went and game play was awesome no going around and killing a number of so and so there were quest that dealt with what the actual game was about like helping Asheron out ect....

just my 2 cents 

• master_thiefmaster_thief Member Posts: 1

The best one I've played is Runescape because, well, it's the only one I really stuck too. I am now looking for a new and better game to play

• crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by nurgles

EvE-Online
    www.eve-online.com/

Its been the only MMORPG that i have ever played, the level of complexity, the PvP, persistant world single server has kept me in it for almost 3 years. monthly subscription of US$15 and all upgrades are free.

Same here, started right after E&B shut down 4+ years of EVE.  I have tried ever MMO that has come out sense then. Nothing compares.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Well the game that has/had held me the longest was WoW (2yrs), before that it was Daoc (1yr-14mths, if you take in several mths in beta then it would easily add another 4+mths to it) and then Eq2(3mths at release, with the odd added month during the next 2yrs) and finally (with LoM2 comming in 4th for 3 mths sub,and a couple or so mths beta).

• CrimsonSkullCrimsonSkull Member Posts: 36

I have stuck with:

1. Endless Online for the last 9 months
    2. Runescape (dont play any more but i played it for 2 years.)
    3. SilkRoad (I stuck with this for 3 months and found it was good but it was just grinding soooo much.)

those are basically most of the games i hav played. but im looking for a new 1 to start and i am thinking of returning to sro.