Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A compilation of New graphics engine screenshots.

2»

Comments

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by R0ot

Man the scorpion looks excellent! Hope they spruce the blackbird frame up a bit too

Actually all models [Ships Stations asteriods planets etc] are getting redone as are the textures.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

I have to say this about the new game models there is a lot more detail than there was before.

For example if you comparre an old/ new image of the Apocolypse you will see a majour inprovement there and the new Pod is stunning compared to the old one.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

I have to say this about the new game models there is a lot more detail than there was before.

For example if you comparre an old/ new image of the Apocolypse you will see a majour inprovement there and the new Pod is stunning compared to the old one.

Yeah they have redone all of the models in the game with 2 million polygons to make the high-detail version and then they create a normal map from that and slap it onto a 5000-polygon model allowing it to retain much of the higher models detail. I believe the original game models were around 1-3000 polygons, so even the low res versions of the ships will look decent.

I hope my computer will be able to handle it. Anyone hear anything concerning the system needs?

-- Jean Rostand