Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gnome Warriors

Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

I have seen a few Gnomes warriors recently, and I have kind of been thinking...  Are they any good at all?  Can they Tank properly or do much DPS?  Personally I feel they would be rather useless in any melee combat, but then again there are always quite a few Gnome Rogues...  Any thoughts?

Comments

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

I have seen a few Gnomes warriors recently, and I have kind of been thinking...  Are they any good at all?  Can they Tank properly or do much DPS?  Personally I feel they would be rather useless in any melee combat, but then again there are always quite a few Gnome Rogues...  Any thoughts?

Races don't really make a difference in terms of stats, only racial abilities do. And, in PvP, gnomes are actually surprisingly viable, with their ability to escape snares once in awhile.

• TertiaryTertiary Member Posts: 53

Ya, and with a recent patch it's gone from 'every once in a while'  to 'rather frequently.'  The cooldown timer is now every 2 minutes, if I recall, and the snares it removes have been widened.  Also, for those of you who are even more oldschool but haven't played a gnome for a long time (or paid attention to them), it's an instant cast spell now rather than a 2 second casting time spell.  Thank god for that!  How many snares do you have 2 seconds to get away from?!  Most of them don't even last 2 seconds.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

the stats for races mean crap all at high level.  Gnome warriors are fun to be with and have some decent skills (escape artist FTW)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

My Main atm is a Draenei Shadow Priest, but now I am so tempted to try my Gnome warrior for a while now.  The idea of being small but strong is kinda appealing.  Tauren's ankles will never be safe again! 

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

A warrior is a warrior, when I used to play WoW I was a gnome warrior.

Before TBC and before the "Easily obtainable PvP gear" I had the full blue pvp set, I was rank 10.

So they're still kickass :)

Plus I used to do MC and ZG A L O T, I was always my guilds maintank. NO PROBLEM!

P.S. GNOME WARRIORS SHALL RULE!

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• shadowcat555shadowcat555 Member Posts: 11

Warriors are awesome plus the gear on them looks the best than any other class imo 

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

Stat bonuses are minimal, and don't really matter past the first few levels.  Gnomes get the handy Escape ability, which is great when those casters root and run (my Dwarf is left standing there looking like an idiot, while a gnome would just escape and get back into the fight). And the best part about a Gnome tank is their size - they're always at the front of the battle, but they never obstruct your view.

• project8sixproject8six Member Posts: 271

gnomes will bite your ankles watch out ! i had a 60 gnome war back in the day... its the same as everything else believe it or not.

the way they explain it with lore is that gnomes are super beefy.

die. <3