Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question for Bush supporters...

1235»

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Finwe
    Well. Heaven and paradise are different places.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

So, basically you're saying that Paradise is a "limbo" of sorts, correct?

• StretchtbStretchtb Member Posts: 22

LOL couldnt answer the facts such a shame cant even respond to purgatory thats a damn shame to

The Bible - “For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.”
    What if i interpret Bush as evil guess he wont inherit the earth?

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Havent read much in the bible about it eh? Well its actually what the Jews believed they went to when they died, and for some reason Christians after a while changed it to where they actually went to the heavenly kingdom when they died.

Think of it more as a holding place, like hell, except for the righteous, and its a very pleasant place.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Finwe hope your not talking to me thats taking word for word from the bible

I'm not really one to commentate on the details of the after-life, considering that I admittedly know little about it (having never died).  All that I know is that unbelievers will suffer the Wrath of God that their unatoned-for sins deserve, and believers will glorify God and enjoy Him forever in an eternal kingdom that is without sin.

In other words, there will be a happy ending for Israel.

Did god tell you that just like Jesus told Bush to keep fighting in Iraq wow what a great thing to go off of
    he said it cause they said it who heard it from god so it must be true

The Bible - “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”
    I feel this one means that good people will see god see im interpreting the bible word for word

• SimonsaysSimonsays Member Posts: 64

I support Bush becouse of his political affiliation...The best way to explain it would be to say you have a choice you have to choose one or the other of these two options.  Would you rather have a papercuat on your eyeball or have your little finger cut off. 

The Bible - “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”
    Hmm god doesnt like war

The Bible - “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”
    Lots of love for thos iraqi prisinors good job on following the bible

The Bible - “If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:”
    Yeah the bible definitly doesnt suppourt war like that guy said earlier what happened you all give up now

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Destruction is sometimes the only answer. Sometimes all things were played out, and death and destruction is the only way to change things. Take ancient Israel, they were given warnings time and time again by many prophets, they kept on sinning and disobeying. They had to keep on being destroyed. But God kept on forgiving them and allowing them to be set up as a kingdom time and time again. But sometimes destruction is the only answer.

Btw. I dont see what Abu-Gharib has to do with a religious discussion.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

umm all my quotes from bible cant argue with that or at least that whats most of you feel and dont make posts about nothing i proved you guys wrong with your own stupid quotes

Do not be overcome with evil but overcome evil with good

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

Stretch I gotta agree with Finwe, we discussing the nature of peoples beliefs at the moment, and prefer to avoid the subject of it's influence on war and peace and how some have used as justification for both.

But asides from that thanks for a couple very interesting posts Finwe. I'm no expert on religion, and I'll never claim to be. I live in one of the most multi cultural cities in the world, and of friends of every size, shape, color and ethnicity. And they are all good people with different beliefs who have done alot for each other and thier communities, and I just find it a shame to see an attitude that says they are going to hell for not all having the same beliefs. I've met lots of interesting people and had lots of interesting conversations. With Priests, Rabbis, Hindu's and Buddhists. And learned alot of fantastic things. The most interesting was when I was living in Florida, I met a man who bacame a pretty good friend, he was an ex gang member from LA who found God and become a rev. But dispite all of thier backgrounds, and all of thier beliefs none of them every told me someones soul was doomed unless they converted.... Well Except the Jehovah's witnesses that came to my door.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.  Basically, you're saying to me that Christianity and its doctrines cannot be deemed viable due to the fact that they are not politcally correct?  Well, that holds no logical validity, either.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by Merodoc
    Tasky, as you are writing your "rants", I have a single thought going throught my head- atleast I am not going to hell. So enjoy ranting and feeling good about yourself, because yourself and satanists have a lot in common.

*cheers Zide*______________________________
    Check out the hottest MMORPG in development from Turbine--www.middle-earthonline.com

I wouldn't mind making an appearance in hell. I could teahc the devil a thing or two... LOL

Hell, LOL... Too funny.

Way back when, your religious ancestors use to think that god actually was up in the sky. Then we went up there... And he was nowhere to be found.

Funny how the interpretations change as technology proves the beliefs wrong...

Originally posted by zide56
    Originally posted by rathma
    Tasky, as you are writing your "rants", I have a single thought going throught my head- atleast I am not going to hell. So enjoy ranting and feeling good about yourself, because yourself and satanists have a lot in common.
    ______________________________Check out the hottest MMORPG in development from Turbine--
    www.middle-earthonline.com
    ........ You sir, are an idiot. People who aren't religious do not believe in the devil. Such as myself. Oooohh no, i'm going to "hell" when i die. Well how can i go to hell if i don't believe in it? I myself, do not live my life by something that someone with the same intelect as me says. Simple as that.
    Boooo! now poo your pants!
    That's not reasonable logic, sir. The reality of things is not determined by what our own minds choose to believe. Hell will still be there whether you believe it or not. The Earth is still here whether you believe it or not. Pluto is out there whether you believe it or not. I exist, whether you believe it or not. The after-life is like this life, only infinitely better or infinitely worse. It is still bound by the basic logic of existence.
    What is in the after-life is, like in this life, not determined by anyone's beliefs. If there is a Hell, you will go to it (unless you believe on Him in your heart by faith), regardless of whether or not you think you will. The reality of things, as I said before, is not determined by, or limited to, what our own minds will choose to admit. What sort of limited universe would this be if it were?

Hell, Earth, and Pluto. Well, we can prove 2 of those exist...

Originally posted by zide56
    Originally posted by Chindow
    Ok so he showed hisself to a very limited amount of people. Then they started to spread his word but becasue they didnt have a known route to other places at the time all those other people just end up living out the afterlife in pain? They could have been the most compastionate, carring people on the planet but becasue they never heard of him they suffer. They only way this can make any since is by looking at it with one way eyes.Again, being "compassionate" and "nice" is not what gets one into Heaven. No matter how nice a person may seem, they are still fallen and guilty of Hell. Don't take it up with me--take it up with Adam.
    And do you have more than one-way eyes? Something tells me that you do not, because every human being is given God's gift of bias.

Well, we know compassion and nice have nothing to do with god. Ever read the book of job??

Sure Satan, trash that dude so I can prove he is a true follower. Nice god you got there...

Sketch, maybe if you werent such and ignorant fag, than you would understand. This life is temporary, and whatever ignorant and stupid act you commint- namely mocking people because of their beliefs, is not only absurd but childish! You are a pathetic small individual who is empty on the inside without God and without any real life or meaning. The entire point of Christ was to save all of mankind, some (like yourself) choose to mock him and not accept it. Thats a big price to pay, 'pecially when theres Heaven/hell on the other side...

Merodoc______________________________
    Check out the hottest MMORPG in development from Turbine--www.middle-earthonline.com

Wow!!

"Fag, pathetic, small". Kiss your mother with that mouth?!?!

And you are a follower of Christianity? Saying those things get you into Heaven?

What happened to turn the other cheek. That is in the "Big Book of Fairy Tales" ie. the Bible.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Its about time people started avoiding these topics... you all know it ends up with me locking it.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

This discussion has been closed.