Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question for Bush supporters...

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Sketch

Umm, also, are all the Jews that were killed in the Holocaust in hell now since they had differenty beliefs then you?

Not because they disagree with me, but because they refuse to acknowledge that their long-awaited Messiah has already come.

• ChindowChindow Member Posts: 13
    So why didnt he give everyone the same chance? He just basically picked who he wanted to follow him? Seems to me that if being a christian is the only way for you to not suffer and he wanted to save all of mankind. That everyone on the planet would have had the choice to be a christian. But if they never heard of the religion they never had that choice.

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by zide56

Umm, also, are all the Jews that were killed in the Holocaust in hell now since they had differenty beliefs then you?

Not because they disagree with me, but because they refuse to acknowledge that their long-awaited Messiah has already come.

Jews will all burn in hell, Gotcha. This is very enlightening.

Originally posted by Chindow
    So why didnt he give everyone the same chance? He just basically picked who he wanted to follow him? Seems to me that if being a christian is the only way for you to not suffer and he wanted to save all of mankind. That everyone on the planet would have had the choice to be a christian. But if they never heard of the religion they never had that choice.

Because if God gave the reigns of salvation over to man, that would mean that He forfeited power, meaning that He would be no longer omnipotent, meaning that He would no longer be God.  To put it simply: God can't do that.  It is against His nature.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. (John 3:16).

So this passage, one of the most well known passages in the bible is wrong? From the way your explaining it to me it sounds like it should have went more like.

For God so loved this part of the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has had the chance to beleave in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

Because if God gave the reigns of salvation over to man, that would mean that He forfeited power, meaning that He would be no longer omnipotent, meaning that He would no longer be God.  To put it simply: God can't do that.  It is against His nature.

OOOOOHHHHHhhhhhhhh...... So what your saying is God forgiving the people who are good and pure of heart but don't belive in him would somehow negate that fact that he created all existence and would then take away his identity instead of say "HA! Told yea I was here"?... Deeeeeep.....

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. (John 3:16).
     So this passage, one of the most well known passages in the bible is wrong? From the way your explaining it to me it sounds like it should have went more like.
    For God so loved this part of the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has had the chance to beleave in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

Christ said those words in the presence of Jews.  That verse did not mean that Christ died for the entire race of mankind (for if He did, all of mankind would be a Christian), it simply meant that His Atonement was applicable not just to Jews, but to the entire world (i.e., a member of any culture, race, etc.)

OOOOOHHHHHhhhhhhhh...... So what your saying is God forgiving the people who are good and pure of heart but don't belive in him would somehow negate that fact that he created all existence and would then take away his identity instead of say "HA! Told yea I was here"?... Deeeeeep.....

No one, as I said many times over and over, is "good" and "pure of heart".  I don't think you really understood anything I said in that statement, and I really can't explain it any further.  Sorry.

Ok one is saying it was for all of mankind and one saying it wasnt. I guess its all in the way  you view the scriptures. Anyway night  folks :)

Originally posted by Merodoc

Sketch, maybe if you werent such and ignorant fag, than you would understand. This life is temporary, and whatever ignorant and stupid act you commint- namely mocking people because of their beliefs, is not only absurd but childish! You are a pathetic small individual who is empty on the inside without God and without any real life or meaning. The entire point of Christ was to save all of mankind, some (like yourself) choose to mock him and not accept it. Thats a big price to pay, 'pecially when theres Heaven/hell on the other side...
    Merodoc

Ignorance in believeing yourself holier then the man standing beside you, because he interprets things differently then you. I would never mock Jesus or God, or ANY religious figure for that matter. However I will mock those he say they who do not belive in the same things as them will go to hell and have empty lives. And were as God was suppose to be an enlightenment to us all, Zine says those who don't see the same way as them or missed the lecture on righteousness will burn in hell no matter how good a person they may be. And yes, I agree Christ was suppose to be the saviour of all mankind, but again, Zine was saying he selected his people and the rest of us don't matter.

but what would I know, accourding to your judgment, I'm an ignorant fag. (intellegently put btw).

If the entire point and mission of Christ was to save all of mankind, then all of mankind would have been saved, for either Christ died:

A) For some of the sins of all men.

B) For all of the sins of some men.

C) For none of the sins of all men.

Considering the fact that if choice A is correct, Christ would have failed in His mission, that rules that option out.  Considering the fact that if choice C is correct, Christ would really have had no point in coming here in the first place, that rules out choice C, leaving Choice B to be the only logical option pertaining to salvation.

And were as God was suppose to be an enlightenment to us all, Zine says those who don't see the same way as them or missed the lecture on righteousness will burn in hell no matter how good a person they may be. And yes, I agree Christ was suppose to be the saviour of all mankind, but again, Zine was saying he selected his people and the rest of us don't matter.

Actually, I said that there are no "good people" in the world.  As for the mankind thing, see my above post.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

I'll have to disagree with you Zide. Humans are also based on their works. I dont think Budha is burning in hell right now. And I dont think the people that never heard of Christ or the one and true God are burning in hell either. But as for the people that know of Christ, have heard the teachings, and mock it or reject it, I'm not so sure they're safe, especially the mockers.

But, to say that somone who lives a moral life, but never really got to believe in Christ as savior because they dont really know that much, or have never heard of it....Well....I'll say your wrong. I'd give you a scripture, but its late, but it does say we are judged on works. (Cant remember the scripture atm)

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Well, you'll probably want some Scripture to back up your claims.  All I know is that Christ said in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  This implies, rather forcefully, that only through the works of Christ and Christ alone (Solus Christus) may anyone taste eternal life. 

Not good enough for you?  Ephesians 2:8-10 lays the cards out on the table quite blatantly: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  That verse alone should silence any "works" talk immediately.

I'm surprised that the basic doctrine of "original sin" seems to be so complicated for you guys.  Adam sinned, and through Adam, all were born sinners.  We are conceived in sin (Ps. 51:5).  We are guilty of sin against God from the point of conception, and sin against God merits Hell.  Christ is the only way.  That's the entire point of the Bible, folks.

As for the "tribal folk", ignorance is no excuse.  Unbelief is unbelief, and unbelief will be dealt with accordingly.  If this isn't true, then there is no point in evangelizing or even attempting to carry out the Great Commission (Matt. 28:16-20).  In fact, if ignorance absolves them from their sin, then we are best to leave unbelievers alone.  But it doesn't, so it is, therefore, our responsibility and mandate to spread the Gospel.

1. I said not go to hell.

2. I'll get the scripture tomorrow, just gotta say somethin.

3. Contrary to popular belief, when good followers of Christ die, they dont go to heaven. Nope. Paradise is still the ticket. Paradise and hell. I dont think any man will ever see heaven until heaven has come down upon the earth at the end of time when "a new heaven and new earth" are created. Those that are believers and righteous people will be rewarded with gifts, and a glorified believers. Non-believers that lived good lives I think will not go to hell, but at the end of time will not recieve a glorified body.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Originally posted by Merodoc

"Sketch, maybe if you werent such and ignorant fag"
    "whatever ignorant and stupid act you commint"
    "You are a pathetic small individual who is empty on the inside without God"
    Merodoc

And you've proven yourself a true intelectual powerhouse.image

Originally posted by Finwe

3. Contrary to popular belief, when good followers of Christ die, they dont go to heaven. Nope. Paradise is still the ticket. Paradise and hell. I dont think any man will ever see heaven until heaven has come down upon the earth at the end of time when "a new heaven and new earth" are created. Those that are believers and righteous people will be rewarded with gifts, and a glorified believers. Non-believers that lived good lives I think will not go to hell, but at the end of time will not recieve a glorified body.

Well, now you're just talking crazy talk.  Now you're getting into the weird Catholic-esque limbo, purgatory stuff, which has no Biblical basis.

• StretchtbStretchtb Member Posts: 22

Dude zide56
    You are so one sided it is rediculous? First of all you said all the Jews from the Holocause went to hell? Wasnt jesus a jew? Second the bible says though shall not judge and your judging all. Third the bible can be interpreted many ways.
    PS im christian

No. I'm saying when you die you go to either paradise or hell.

Originally posted by Stretchtb

Dude zide56
    You are so one sided it is rediculous? First of all you said all the Jews from the Holocause went to hell? Wasnt jesus a jew? Second the bible says though shall not judge and your judging all. Third the bible can be interpreted many ways.
    PS im christian

Do I know you?

First of all, just because someone was in the Holocaust, does not mean that they are going to Heaven.   And Jesus and his followers were Messianic Jews. Second all, I'm not "judging" people.  If you're definition of "judging" is refusing to be a pantywaist sideliner that doesn't stand up to heretical false doctrine, then yes, I am "judging".  But I'm really not.  I'm getting a little sick and tired of people using that verse so loosely and as a means to excuse their passivity.  Third, while the Bible can be "interpreted in many ways", only one interpretation is accurate, considering the Word of God is a Book of absolutes.  And, with basic logic and reason in conjunction with pretty obvious Bible verses on my side, I believe I can stand confident in my interpretation.

Originally posted by Finwe
    No. I'm saying when you die you go to either paradise or hell.

Well, then where do we disagree?

Finwe stand up for yourself the largest denomination of christianity is ROMAN CATHOLIC which believe in purgatory.

Well. Heaven and paradise are different places.

Zide did god say on to you how to interpret bible i dont think so so please dont take your view and use it as your platform your no better then osma using islam as his political platform

Originally posted by Stretchtb

Zide did god say on to you how to interpret bible i dont think so so please dont take your view and use it as your platform your no better then osma using islam as his political platform

Well, your opinions (or lack thereof) have now just lost all credibility, and I will not be responding to them any further.  Goodbye.

This discussion has been closed.