Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A compilation of New graphics engine screenshots.

METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Click th elink to lead you to the forum topic that has a good list of Screenshots of the new game models most woth textures on.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=562778

http://shexna.dk/evescreens/gallery.php

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
-- Jean Rostand

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

nice find

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

yeaa i especially like the models for the station and the stargate ive never seen those ones before.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I am kind of a noob on this subject - have they released this in game yet?

Never

-- Jean Rostand

• adamk22adamk22 Member Posts: 233

hehe yeah, the releasedate was back in 2003

Banzai!

lol- sorry I meant the direct x 10 updates. 

Originally posted by Lateris

Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

-- Jean Rostand

• trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

it's not DX10. it's DX9 running on windows shader 3.0

Originally posted by trentonx

Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

Err your wrong therre its both you get the DirectX9 one then OR the DirectX10 one

-- Jean Rostand

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Nothing like cramming even more high end stuff to parse on your display to lag you out even more during large space battles heh.

But they look nice (except for the advertisement one(s).. shame on him heh)

• trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147

Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

Err your wrong therre its both you get the DirectX9 one then OR the DirectX10 one

let me reword.

the walking trailer and all screenshots of new ships featured on EON and on the internet are renderd using windows shader 3.0.

Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

let me reword.

the walking trailer and all screenshots of new ships featured on EON and on the internet are renderd using windows shader 3.0.

That i agree with. 

-- Jean Rostand

Originally posted by randomt

Nothing like cramming even more high end stuff to parse on your display to lag you out even more during large space battles heh.

But they look nice (except for the advertisement one(s).. shame on him heh)

Graphical lag is client side so its you not them. 

-- Jean Rostand

Ive added a second link to some more pictures.

-- Jean Rostand

Just recently heard that the next Revilations patch may be due mid November 

-- Jean Rostand

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

And by that do you mean the REV3 update? If so where did you hear this?

Originally posted by Minsc

And by that do you mean the REV3 update? If so where did you hear this?

Actaully since i posted my last pst here that rumour got squashed so we are back to what it was origonally as in Soon.

-- Jean Rostand

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Some good images there 

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Yep... I'm really looking forward to the Rev3 update.  It's not just a graphics overhaul.  The entire client side game engine is being upgraded which should really help reduce/remove any remaining client side lag.  Most lag in the game isn't really graphics lag either, it's mostly DB lag in crowded systems.  Something about EVE that is very different from other MMORPG's is that it is much more reliant on DB interaction than other games.  This is due to the extensive in game market and the fact that just about everything, including a ship getting blown up, ties into it.  Also, loading onto a grid when jumping into a system ties into it.

Thankfully they're correcting much of that.  There is client side lag in the current game engine in the form of poorly handled graphics.  The current system does not properly take advantage of the power of your video card.  Most, if not all, of the rendering is handled by the CPU through the DX7 interface.   The new upgrades, however, supposedly will move most of that onto the GPU and properly use DX9 (XP) and DX10 (Vista) which should radically reduce client side video lag in large battles.  Most people get around the graphics lag in game by turning off special effects and sound.  With the move to a DX9/DX10 engine this will hopefully not ba AS necessary (though in huge battles it'll probably still be a really good idea to shut off as many affects as possible).

Unfortunately no matter how good a job they do at reducing lag, we the players will manage to cram even more people into combat to bring the lag back :)  LOL!

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Are there any screen shots of the avatars they are going to implement? 

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Are there any screen shots of the avatars they are going to implement? 

There's a video of actual in game footage of it but I'll be damned if I can find it right now. 

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Its in the sticky at the top.

-- Jean Rostand

I found them:

Conceptual Art for space stations that you can walk on:

Dev Blog:

Thanks! This game leads me to believe it is light years aheadof the rest in culture, society, and the future.  AN MMORPG is being made within an existing MMO- how do you say "amazing" . See ya SWG. 

• R0otR0ot Member Posts: 4

Man the scorpion looks excellent! Hope they spruce the blackbird frame up a bit too

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

Looks awesome! Can't wait.

-iCeh