Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UNOFFICIAL SOE NEW GAME ANNOUNCMENT THREAD

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

So Smedley just admitted that EQ2 is boring?  He said "if you're bored of killing monsters, you can play cards instead", or something like that.  Talk about a horrible idea. 

• giskard73giskard73 Member Posts: 38

Damn SOE's a joke. #1: don't smart-ass your boss in front of the customers. Most of the videos are commercials with no real gameplay save maybe the Agency, which has "great" enemy A.I. btw (guys running up to you without shooting). They ruined SWG and EQ2 with the latter having a horrible design from the ground up (load times anyone? Bad customer service with items attached to the server, not to the player profile???).

I hear Vanguard's a joke and Sony in general as a company isn't doing so hot.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by observer

So Smedley just admitted that EQ2 is boring?  He said "if you're bored of killing monsters, you can play cards instead", or something like that.  Talk about a horrible idea. 

ROFLMAO.......... He's a f*cking moron. First he ruined SWG, he then starts helping Vanguard on it's feet and now this... one step forward (VG) but two steps backwards.

• Wow. I mean come on, online trading card game? At least with normal trading card games theres value to the cards (most times) this is just silly.

Although the last cards i traded was for a rookie card of some guy who won the NBA dunk contest when I was 8. Bah was probably the last time the Celtics were good anyways.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Welp! WoW made a card game for their MMO...Why not SOE jump on the bandwagon eh?

....meh, since I am familiar with the EQ and EQ2 universe, I guess it could hold some fun.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• It's actually not a terrible idea, and if you really think about it the idea is actually relatively original.  That being said, I just don't see it taking off.  Maybe if it was part of a new ground breaking MMO (or one that has been very successful for around a year), then it would be a great addition.  As it is, the goal is obviously to bring in some new paying customers to EQ and EQ2.  From that standpoint, it may actually be somewhat successful; but I really think it needs to be part of a new or newer game to really take off.

• CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by observer

ROFL...what a way to utilize the UE3.  

Magic cards with advanced dynamic shadowing!  I can't wait.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Originally posted by zaxxon23

It's actually not a terrible idea, and if you really think about it the idea is actually relatively original.  That being said, I just don't see it taking off.  Maybe if it was part of a new ground breaking MMO (or one that has been very successful for around a year), then it would be a great addition.  As it is, the goal is obviously to bring in some new paying customers to EQ and EQ2.  From that standpoint, it may actually be somewhat successful; but I really think it needs to be part of a new or newer game to really take off.
    SOE already has card games. They have an STO card game, and a pirates card game afaik.

What a letdown though.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

LOL, this is par for the course for the Kmart of the gaming world.  They should just acquire valuesoft so they can change their name.  A freeking MTG game... you have got to be kidding me LOL.  Glad to know that the well has completely and utterly run dry at SOE.  Now if the community could wake up and stop paying them for the absolute trite and trivial runny crap they release then maybe they will go the frell away lol.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

lol thats far below what I expected from SOE - and I really didn't expect much.  

Absolutely lame IMO.

How does that joker keep his job? SOE really needs a new vision from a NEW CEO.

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

how about SoE and BioWare make Star Wars: Online ...

Uber gfx, SOE hopefully learns after SWG and VG:SOH and makes it an uber game ? :)

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914

They should have made a vanguard card game printing pics of their subscribers on the cards.

Yay! i got all 10

• ZulikaZulika Member UncommonPosts: 61

OK Smed is on my butt to make this new game.  Time to get started this may be an all nighter.

ok first select Vanguard window

next select diplomacy code

select EQ2 window

paste

woot!  Now increase subscription charge.

now to finish up - delete Vanguard.

Money well spent, eh?

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

sooo what is it?

Edit: Wish i hadent of asked...... thats not even worth annouceing

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

LMAO.......

So........this was the big announcement? A trading card game? classic.

I hope they have more luck with that then making MMO's. They clearly can't make those worth a darn.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Want to know what's even more sad?  SOE fanbois/fangrrls at fanfaire were actually cheering for it.  I just about died inside. 

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

They were EQ fanbois, theres a difference. or SWG fanbois whatever :P

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

So their big announcement was an Online trading card game!?! So many smilys to choose from, but i think this one expresses how i feel best: 

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866

So that's why they never bother to make their own games and try to just buy people out these days? They were so busy making the packaging and art for their crappy trading card game LMAO

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

Oh well, was expecting that sooner or later since the day they bought that company making online CCGs :)

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

SOE should just quit mmo, they have basically run out ideas...

RIP Orc Choppa

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Sunrider
    hmmm... if smed's there i wonder if you can pay to kick him in the balls, i'm sure sony would sell out there own for ten dollars...

i reiterate... i think that this would have been much more worth the wait...

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

VANGUARD 2 "THE JOURNEY FOR A BIGGER MORE EMPTIER BUGGIER ADVENTURE"!!!!!! note the sarcasm...but really i see that coming lol

• mlbsluggermlbslugger Member Posts: 49

Yup on the VG, but again, that wasn't SOE's fault other than not being more in Sigil's faces from the get go. They trusted Sigil to deliver a game and gave them 5 months to run it before realizing they'd been had. Luckily EQ2 is probably the best mmorpg we'll ever see that's not a Blizzard clone of pvp only.  The pvp mentality stifles creativity and delivers nothing everyone keeps claiming they want in an mmo. Any developer can simply create a bunch of nice instances with very little else and people can just go pvp with no story line, nothing. My friend at work has an 11 year old son that lives on WoW now... he loves it... nuff said.

However, I do agree with the card game thing... it wasnt much of an announcement, I all ready have a card for my 3 year vet reward I guess, but the expansion a year promise is awesome and the expansions for EQ2 have been phenomenal.