Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ONLY reason people think runescape is bad

Comments

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

Now imagine....If RS would have better graphics than in EVE online.  Would you play it?

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

I quit runescape because I was bored and there was nothing to do, not because of graphics.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378

Runescape isnt my most favorite MMORPG, i still have my membership up, i go on once in awhile when I get bored of Guild Wars.

Runescape has gone far since Runescape Classic, the graphics ARE improving, but nothin that will blow your mind away. I play membership, because thats what my friends play.

Runescape is basically the game that started me off to play other MMO's.

The community isn't the best, you find some immature kids hanging out in Pete's Party Hall, if you go deep over into Lleyta, you never see any kids that while sit there spamming "Z0mg you n00b!".

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• Seanhomie22Seanhomie22 Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Davio

lol they're making a party system!?....AHAHAHAHAHAHA its prolly gonna suck........i dont download thing that people onlien that i dont know say its good and stuff cuz u might be tryign to hack me for all i care
    anyway heres another reason for why runescape stinks...>.>...THEY'RE SKILLS ARE HORRIBLE!!.......
    they dont have good skills as do another games have and when ur in wild u need to eat in able to heal yourself and not die as in other games u have healing pots or u can just mediate to heal
    also in runescape u know how in other games u  can sit down and when ur character laughs it actually makes a laughing noise... Runescape doesnt have that
    and one last thing in other games u can ride horses and such to get around places faster in RS u cant
        BOW TO ME    

If they are making a party system, it WONT SUCK.. As a matter of fact... Most party systems in other games SUCK.  The thing that makes ruenscape GOOD is because their design teams put real WORK into their production, and make their updates easy to use, and not buggy. Unlike other games, which are eager to start up their NEW technology.  Then its all laggy and people end up with problems, locked in places, etc..  With jagex, they're gonna have a WORKING party system, so easy to use. Right click, add to party. Theyve already got a thing close to it.. a FRIENDS list.  They show up green. Theres only a few small problems in that.

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331
    Originally posted by thehero1000

The only reason people think runescape is bad is because of its graphics, other people say it sucks because of its a point a click and it graphics but there are alot of point and click mmos (example: hero online) with good graphics that never get critsized if runescape had better graphics no one could make fun of it with out makeing many other mmos.
    thats the ONLY reason people hate runescape and i challenge any one who hates runescape to think of more reasons

i played the game for 3 years because i was highly addicted and thought it was a great game. But after awhile all the n00b calling and bad attitudes started to rub off on to me and i realized i started to hate on people. i figured i had to get out of that loop so i quit. the game was a good chapter in my life though. it was my first mmo and to this day i believe it was the best mmo

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by omegadavid
    <Mod edit>

Reason #326354 to love RS...
    The quality playerbase...
  • HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

How did this game got a 6.8 rating.  Rs sucks.

I played it when i was 10 or someting, and after a week i stopped.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Healthyy

How did this game got a 6.8 rating.  Rs sucks.
    I played it when i was 10 or someting, and after a week i stopped.

Well thats why you think it sucks. You quit after a week. Try it again now, its improved a lot since you were 10...(unless you are still 10)

?

• Greenday6212Greenday6212 Member Posts: 15

sucking this from my other thread i posted on

All right people, im tired of you guys rapping on the graphics... I dont think you understand why exactly the graphics arent top notch...

WoW for instance is written in different software. You have to go out to your nearest best-buy, and waste all you money buying $100 software, then pay $15 a month to keep your subscription. On the other hand, Runescape's graphics are pure genius. Have you guys ever actually tried writing on Java. Runescape is the number 1 MMORPG if you're talking about writing in Java. Plus, because it's in Java, no downloads! You just create and account and bam, ur playing.

Gr33nd/\y6212

Nice guys finish last.

• tweedledumbetweedledumbe Member Posts: 2

i agree with u on that1 (guy before me) but i think rs is a good starter game.1ce u reach lvl 60 in rs try to get a membership. ive been playin rs long time bout 1year 8 mo. and w/o rs i would be good at hero, new raja or last chaos.

• Greenday6212Greenday6212 Member Posts: 15

10 months for me =P

Gr33nd/\y6212

Nice guys finish last.

I played seriously for 1 and a half years, but now it varies because of my school work etc.

?

• macson1983macson1983 Member Posts: 14

Runscape is a good game for some one new to the MMOrpg world.  I can draw better then the graphics, which is a huggge turn off, to ne gamer.  The community is filled with a ton of lil kids.  I wouldn't feel comfortable paying for a game, that looks and plays like this.  But i would recommended it to some one who wants to learn to play mmos. Just does not seem like an Mmo to be takin serious. 

Taught no quitting, and no Retreat

Originally posted by macson1983

Runscape is a good game for some one new to the MMOrpg world.  I can draw better then the graphics, which is a huggge turn off, to ne gamer.  The community is filled with a ton of lil kids.  I wouldn't feel comfortable paying for a game, that looks and plays like this.  But i would recommended it to some one who wants to learn to play mmos. Just does not seem like an Mmo to be takin serious. 

On paid servers the community is totally different.

?

• Seanhomie22Seanhomie22 Member Posts: 13

He's right.

The little kids who play the f2p game... their parents wont pay 5$ a month just so they can get more into the game that they've been playing constantly for a month now. lol.

And the people who are always being assholes never get past 75 or so combat, since they're usually too stupid to do ANYTHING.

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by endzo

you get beggers in wow and when i came back to runescape after a year of my main lvl 100 getting banned all i see is macros omfg how u seen how many there is its getting shiter everytime the dragon plate helm we waited so faking long for it then u get some shity looking helm then the quest so stupid storyline
    the graphics arnt that bad for an online not 3-6 hour download and you dont buy the game to play u can play it anywhere but its a time waste also waste of money you dont get shit for the times you sleep lol in wow u get rest bonus and when i got game card the 60 days wasnt even in my mind when your a member in rs you days are counting omfg what i do quick think fast oh no too late you mmebrship has run out faking waste game but....
    i got my new pc and only got 1024mb of ram and wow takes nealy all of it and more wtf just for a game i have to get rid of 1 year warranty of new pc to improve the ram to 4094mb anyone no good site i can buy 2 kit ram my pc is acer aspire t180

Sorry I kind of get mad when people grip about typos and such. but man learn to use those little dot thing's they are called periods.

I almost passed out trying to read this post.

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

On paid servers the community is totally different.

I'm having a hard time believing you.

• Akira111Akira111 Member Posts: 17

hey, thehero1000 news flash for you...point and click games ALL suck.... cause you point, click and then go to sleep cause you are freaking bored...zzzzzrunescapezzzz

• CrimsonSkullCrimsonSkull Member Posts: 36

i am an ex runescape player. and i do agree with what you are saying. But there are alot of reasons why i and many other people quit or just dont start playing rs.

1. The community has been destroyed by losers who refuse to help you and give no advice whatsoever.

2. The economy has been fucked up by wannabes who want to be good and only level one who go around buying gold and items and then bragging about their 'achievements'.

3.The gameplay is really bad with the click to atack thing. But the skills are really great. But the graphics and gameplay bring the whole game down.

This is the reason i stopped playing at level 82 xD i just didnt realize this all until about a year ago.

• apothas185apothas185 Member Posts: 66

off topic ive done the colour test but how do i put it in my coments

• armada60armada60 Member Posts: 3

ok heres the lay down on RS. Its a good game if you a new to online net game (MMORPG's). But its very boring even if your a member! Every thing down to the music is crap about RS!!!!! I played RS for a while and got to lev 80....... BORING   I suggest give WOW a try its a great game but leaves a hole in ya pocket..... I have just got GuildWars and its great!!!! and no more paying!!! REMEBER RUNESCAPE SUXS!!!!!

Originally posted by armada60

ok heres the lay down on RS. Its a good game if you a new to online net game (MMORPG's). But its very boring even if your a member! Every thing down to the music is crap about RS!!!!! I played RS for a while and got to lev 80....... BORING   I suggest give WOW a try its a great game but leaves a hole in ya pocket..... I have just got GuildWars and its great!!!! and no more paying!!! REMEBER RUNESCAPE SUXS!!!!!

If it sucks so much then why did you play it a "while" til you got to lvl 80 why didnt you quit straight away?

?

• CorwynnFXCorwynnFX Member Posts: 4

It is getting pretty difficult to voice an opinion on here when you are surrounded by insolence. If any of you were true gamers, you would know that Gameplay > Graphics. This game is developed in Java, you aren't supposed to expect an Oblivion game here. If you knew 2 cents about programming you would realize that for it's style, RuneScape is quite a game.

Now,  I see a lot of people posting that they have previously played the game and quit because it became boring. You also stated that you got to around 60-80 before quitting. Congratulations, you have achieved nothing. One of the great aspects about RuneScape is that it is VERY easy to level. With the max level for a statistic being around 13M xp. Achieving level 99 in something is very common. And membership is a HUGE factor.

Compared to other games, becoming P2P on runescape is really cheap. And it gives you TONS of benefits. Almost every update that comes out for runescape is targeted at paying members (Updates occur usually every 1-2 weeks). I have been playing runescape for close to 5 years. And the only things I dislike about it are,

1.) The fact that Jagex gives in to the majority of the low level , less intelligent players. Thus making the game childish.

2.) The rules are very strict, it is easy to get banned and lose everything. My first account was permanently banned at level 126, my second was banned at level 121, my third (pure) was banned at level 72, with 99 ranged/ mage , and 4 other 99's. My account now is level 111, and that took me about 3 weeks to a month to get.

If many of you amnesic individuals were to attempt playing RuneScape for a longer period than a week. You would start to enjoy it, I guarentee that.

And if you don't like the attitude of the absent-minded youth amongst the F2P crowd.  Then pay for membership, it makes the game a whole lot better.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Originally posted by CorwynnFX

2.) The rules are very strict, it is easy to get banned and lose everything. My first account was permanently banned at level 126, my second was banned at level 121, my third (pure) was banned at level 72, with 99 ranged/ mage , and 4 other 99's. My account now is level 111, and that took me about 3 weeks to a month to get.
    You got banned this many times, and yet you kept playing and paying?  Something seriously wrong with either this game or your story I"m thinking....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CorwynnFXCorwynnFX Member Posts: 4

Do you know why I keep playing? Because I love the game. Do I love the customer support and strictness? Hell no.

This discussion has been closed.