Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good PvP based games?

I've been looking for a good PvP based game, the best I've played so far was Knight online/knight empire (same thing) and I say that its the best one I've played cuz I havn't even found any games like it so far...so if you could tell me about some games and why they so good (in your opinion) it would be appreciated 

p.s. if you dont know of KO/KE then I mean PvP based as in you choose a side and they have daily/weekly wars against each other

Comments

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

True. Lineage 2 is a good open- pvp based game. It 's hard to get to the most enjoyable pvp at higher lvls, since it ain 't so easy to hit the high levels if you play legit. L2 private servers kinda suck, and FBI takes down big servers so communities will never reach the same amount online as retail does. PvP is also kind of hardcore cause if you die, you loose xp.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Shadowbane - free game lots of classes, lots of pvp, no grind.

DaoC - Realm vs Realm pvp, pay to play, had some graphic overhauls over the years so it doesnt look that bad.

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

WOW is currently the best fantasy PVP mmorpg.

Eve Online is the best sci-fi PVP game.

People will probally disagree with WOW but tbh it is the most balanced and most well polished and fun. Sure it lacks abit of depth with you character customization and after 70 theres not much to do but PVP, but this is what the guy asked for lol.

• LittleImpLittleImp Member Posts: 10
    The Problem with WoW is just, that there are too few classes with too few differences. So it's pretty easy to get a "perfect" character, and often there are only 1-2 different viable builds per class.

This makes WoW, at least for me, too simple to enjoy.
  • thejudge1thejudge1 Member Posts: 25

I think your best bet is to wait for Darkfall and Warhammer.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

"WOW is currently the best fantasy PVP mmorpg."

LOL

Shadowbane has a good PVP system.. the graphics are really dated and it does ont run too well.. tho its free

DAOC has got to be one of the best pvp games out there... tho its getting on and you have to pay..

UO is also a very good pvp game still getting on a bit tho they have just revamped the engine..

when thinknig pvp wow does not even come to mind.. the pvp is very generic and nothing stands out from other games.. WOW is geared towards PVE.

Originally posted by Caldrin

"WOW is currently the best fantasy PVP mmorpg."
    LOL

Shadowbane has a good PVP system.. the graphics are really dated and it does ont run too well.. tho its free
    DAOC has got to be one of the best pvp games out there... tho its getting on and you have to pay..
    UO is also a very good pvp game still getting on a bit tho they have just revamped the engine..

when thinknig pvp wow does not even come to mind.. the pvp is very generic and nothing stands out from other games.. WOW is geared towards PVE.

Well tbh you could laugh at WOW if there was actually something better however...

Shadowbane = buggy and dated

DAOC = buggy and dated + It really controls crap and the UI is horrible

UO = isometric view is soo 80's

There really is nothing better out there until maybe WAR comes out.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Eve Online is probably the best choice from a purely PvP aspect.

WoW is a horrible recommendation because PvP in WoW is a joke, no risk no reward, just a zergfest.

Originally posted by Samuraisword

Eve Online is probably the best choice from a purely PvP aspect.
    WoW is a horrible recommendation because PvP in WoW is a joke, no risk no reward, just a zergfest.

Can't PVP just be meaningless fun? I know i like to PVP without the ability to lose anything cause that makes it fun and able to PVP 24/7.

• pyrocrazypyrocrazy Member Posts: 65

but isnt PvP already meaningless fun?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

If you really want to just do PvP then take up DAoC or EVE. DON'T touch WoW. I wasted 5 months leveling to 70 twice to do arena and it just doesn't cut it.

• midgey555midgey555 Member Posts: 185

WoW is not a pvp game, its a pve game.  Pvp should have meaning like in daoc or upcoming warhammer.