Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game have a varied and fun quest system?

If not, I can´t see why I shouldn´t play L2, wich has a lot better grephics.

Comments

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

Fun sometimes. But I don't see why you wouldn't try DAoC, it has a free trial out, and its not even the same type of game as Lin2. Lin2 is Free-PVP, and DAOC is imo the best implimtation of consential-PVP. Don't want PVP? Don't go to the frontiers.

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238
    If DAoC is a about grinding, forget about it! There are two choises: good PvP or a fun and varied quest system.  If a MMORPG doesn´t have any of these, move on! If yor´re lucky, you´ll get both... Is DAoC it?

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    yes i think its both. its so much fun. you should really try it. it might take more then 7 days to really get hold of the game< but if you play alot then it will only take 2 days lol> but after level 5 its gets fun. and eacth realm hase there own thing going so it will take some time to find what realm you like most. me i love hib its the best realm but that is what i think. i know there alot of people that think diff lol.< hopes some people think hib is the best lol so i will not be alone> so go out there and find what realm calls your name. or just read up on all three realms and what they have to offer in rvr. and what quest they offer. well good luck.

• cjjones007cjjones007 Member Posts: 30

Hey Ster..

Let me first admit that I haven't gotten around to playing LinII (I'm not a big PVP'er).

But with that in mind, DAoC has a really good Quest System.  You can get a veritble plethora of quests, at each level - and it implements a type of "Long-Term" or what we call "Epic" quest system as well.  Where at certain levels you'll get a quest.  You finish it - and then 3-5 levels later you get another quest - you can't get that quest until you've finished the previous one, as it culminates into a quest for your "Epic Armor and Weapons" starting in or around level 41ish.

You can also do Small Quests like "Kill Tasks" which offer good coin (For the level) and Good XP to boot.

Note however that if by a "Complex and Varied Quest System" you mean a system where you could virtually level your character by ONLY doing quests... No - Camelot doesn't offer that, nor do most of the level-based MMOs out there.

I do agree with my previous posting friends though - Download the free trial - check out the game mechanics (but ignore the graphics, the updated engines in the Platinum (Purchased Version with Expansions) version o fhte game will just literally wipe the floor with the graphics you'll see if the freebie game) - and decide what you think.

In 7 days you will have a GOOD understanding of the Quests and Kill Tasks available - and then you can decide whether its worth your 30.00 +monthly investment.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

DAoC has a fantastic quest system up to level 35 then it drops off a a bit. Unlike most games the early rewards from quests are really excellent and will really help you advance. The epic quest is also great. I did a quest at 30, i think, with my mercenary in which i had to hunt an assassin hiding in Snowdonia Fotress. It was superb creeping around hunting for him, then he jumped out of the shadows, and i cut him to pieces.

Brilliant! Go to www.warcry.com to read quest details. If you play DAoC the quests will keep you going for a few weeks at least.

Matt

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412
    did you just say "veritble plethora" in an everyday conversation?

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

DAoC has a superb PvP system, best ive ever seen in an mmrpg.

As for its quest system, its average. If the quests were more random they would be far better.

Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside

• FeverdreamsFeverdreams Member Posts: 6

The quest system is good/above average, and they keep adding new quests at all levels. I've played the game for a long time and the quest system has improved tremendously.

Many of the low-level quest rewards are very nice, and if you're starting the game on your own, then there's no question that your class-specific quests are worth doing. The equipment and armor you get will really help you out. There are also quests open to all classes that give class-specific rewards at the end, some of which are very nice. The highest level quests have some of the best items in the game as rewards (not all of them do, but enough to make it worthwhile).

The most recent quest, added just this week, gives your character a puppy, heh. It doesn't do anything other than follow you around after you've summoned it, so it's just fluff. But it's cute for folks who like that kind of thing :)

Someone mentioned the Warcry site for quest info. That's a good one. You can also go to the Allakhazam site for quest info and walkthroughs: camelot.allakhazam.com

Good quests, and the best PvP system in any game to date. It's worth trying, at least.