Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spiderman 2

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Spiderman just released today, has anyone gone to see it yet?

I'm leaving to go see it in about an hour or so. Everyone post wether you liked it or not image

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

It looks better than the first one. Doc Oc actually looks like his comic book inspiration, which is more than I can say for that godawfull GG suit from the first one.

Now they just need to get Howie Long to play Eddie Brock, and throw Venom in there. Maybe a guest appearance by the Punisher in the sure to come Spiderman 3. A 3 way brawl between Frank Castle, the Daredevil, and Spidey would kick some serious ass.

-------
    They panic, so... just hold them down
    I could live like this
    I'm closing in; hate all around
    I could be like this
    Hearing them; them in my head
    How can they be so sweet... sweet?

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     God yes! Venom was freaking awesome. They need to make a Spiderman 3 with Venom in it. That would be amazing. image

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Yeah, that would be pretty smooth, especially if they had Carnage as well. However, my guess for Spidey 3 is going to be the junior Osbourne, can't remember the name of the villian he becomes, though.

Another thing I think would be pretty neat for them to do, if only to pay homage to the old, old school Spidey villians is have a guest appearrance or two in the background. Vilians like the Vulture, Mysterio(I think that was the name of they guy with the fishbowl on his head), Rhino, etc. You could even have some other superhero fighting with them. Just a brief glimpse as Spidey swings by, or something.

-------
    I could live like this
    I could be like this

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    i dont know...it looks like a money making scam to me

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MagmaMayhemMagmaMayhem Member Posts: 47
    Definatly the venom and carnage sagas were the best. But I am jus scared that if they put them in the third movie, they will screw them up. Yes, I know, spiderman has a good record so far. Maybe I am jus paranoidimage

---------------------------------------------
    No right-minded fool forsakes truth for falsehood

---------------------------------------------
    No right-minded fool forsakes truth for falsehood

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

I just saw it. And it was a big disappointment. At least for the begining. The first Hour and 15mins was a huge SNOREFEST. I was literally falling asleep. The entire time its basically going through his "normal" life. Big bunch of Drama BS that i got more then my fill in the first spiderman. They could have cut that down to 30minutes easy. And atleast mixed it in with some fighting. The first hour and 15mins he was basically working,school etc.. And the only thing he did as spiderman was capturing a few criminals here and there on one of his normal "patrols". The end was really good though. Still doesnt make up for the complete lack of action through the first half of the movie.

And i will say im pretty sure there wont be venom in #3 but there will be a #3. Infact you will see what new enemy will be in #3. You will see why at the end. Also i wont spoil it for anyone here so if you really want to know what happens just mail me here on mmorpg.com.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

bah, i think it's gonna be like the matrix

it's ment to be done in one movie, but they stretch it in order to make more money..

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

I've heard that from so many people... "it's gonna pull a matrix on us.". The first matrix was a special movie, using philosophy as a base for the story, and having some damn cool action sequences. The series then went on to show nothing but action and further the story without introducing any new philosophy.

Spider Man was just a movie, just a plain movie, but it was a good movie. Spider Man 2 can be the same thing, just a plain movie, but furthering the story as well. I'm not sure how much sense I'm making... but i believe Spider Man 2 can be good, but they could also screw it up like they did the star wars series, relating only to episode 1 and 2.

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by SatansDisciple
    I've heard that from so many people... "it's gonna pull a matrix on us.". The first matrix was a special movie, using philosophy as a base for the story, and having some damn cool action sequences. The series then went on to show nothing but action and further the story without introducing any new philosophy.

Bah! Everyone always misses the underlying story behing the matrix sequels. You need to understand the the philosophy behind the matrix sequels is hinted at throughout the entire movie and isn't really shown untill the end. Basicly the whole synopsis is that life is a battle of complete opposites, yin and yang, and that one cannot exist without the other, the whole story was manipulated by the oracle. The hidden battle was between the oracle and the architect. Try watching them again and look for the ways that the oracle molds neo and as well what other philsophical implications this movie has and plays out.

Edit: Sorry for getting off topic, I'm going to see it tonight.

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283

I really can't wait to see it.  My friend is like getting hard over the game for ps2 though.  I told him it doesn't have online mode so its going to suck...

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

I saw it first showign this morning and loved it, loved it more than the first one. Took my 3 yr old and he loved it, but then again I swear he's the biggest Spider-man fan ever, has already worn out 3 copies of the first movie.

Anyway, unlike some of the previous posters who can't seem to enjoy a movie unless there is nonstop fighting and action, god forbid there be a little story put into it, I think it was very well done. Indeed the first part wasn't all action packed and full of fight scenes but it was really well done and fit the movie and the storyline.

As for the other comments about them "pulling a matrix" and "it was basically one movie and now they're stretching it into 3 or more" you apparently haven't read or don't even know anything about the Spider-man comics do you? I mean they've been around for how many years now? Like 50 years or something? I think there is MORE than enough material in there for hell, 10 good movies, much less 2 or 3. Hell if you take each major villain individually it's basis for a seperate and good movie... Vulture, Rhino, Shocker, Mysterio, Venom, Carnage etc. Hell, he's even gone round and round with most of the Good guys at one point or another, Hulk, Wolverine, Daredevil, Punisher etc. Enough material here to keep making good movies long after Tobey is too old to wear the tights and they have to find a replacement.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

I really can't wait to see it. My friend is like getting hard over the game for ps2 though. I told him it doesn't have online mode so its going to suck...

The game is actually really fun too, I have it for Xbox. It's built off the GTA engine and plays just like GTA, well, except you're spiderman and a good guy. You just swing all over the city doing whatever you want, thwarting crimes here and there, and progressing the storyline whenever you want to.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by Kunou

Anyway, unlike some of the previous posters who can't seem to enjoy a movie unless there is nonstop fighting and action, god forbid there be a little story put into it, I think it was very well done. Indeed the first part wasn't all action packed and full of fight scenes but it was really well done and fit the movie and the storyline.

Perhaps not, but I didn't go see spiderman because its a drama. They could have had a little more intensity in the begining. And they could have cut down the drama to 30 minutes by removing unneeded scenes. I thought the last about hour of the movie was great. Much much better fighting then the first. But I was practically faling sleep during the first half which rarely happens to me at movies. It just went into way to much detail of his "everyday life".

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673
    Personally I thought Spiderman 2 was lame. I enjoyed the first one but this movie just seemed...terrible. I enjoy drama, don't get me wrong, but it seemed so...fake, which I feel was the exact opposite thing they were trying to achieve. Instead of making me feel like Peter Parker was a real person behind Spiderman, I got the impression he was a whiney idiot =P

-=MMORPG.COM Staff=-
    E-mail: [email protected]

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

this movie is on the top of my list: what-to-do-in-the-vacation-after-work

it looks good and i liked the first one too.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

what you have to understand is, that in the first movie it was all about how he gets his powers. Now, its how he has to deal with them. I think it will be good, im going to see it later image. Also about Venom and Carnage, I think they should only use Venom if they have to, Carnage is just some hic who uses the power of making himself bleed. Oh, and they better not have the freaking Sandman in the next movie. Noone wants to see a construction worker who kills people with SAND!

Im only going to see this movie because Bruce Campbell is in it image hes the king image.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    I saw it last night and it was excellent!  I actually think it was better then the first one.  There is plenty of action and I am very happy they put the drama in that they did.  Its what makes Spiderman such a down to earth and exciting hero.

• deviandevian Member Posts: 62

Saw the first showing Tuesday at 12:01 am (technically Wednesday).

Was an awesome movie, but what pissed me off was the reviews it got before it released.

One review said they "introduce Spidermans Lizard-like villian" in the ending. I was expecting Lizardman. But it was someone who is not even close, hell, not even Lizard-like. That was the only disappointment.

Spiderman 2 rocked! In my oppinion i enjoyed it even more than the first! (and the first was pretty kick ass as well.)

It had drama, storyline, comedy, great characters (Doc Oc's character suited the actor perfectly) and of course, the action scenes were amazing. When they blended all those elements together it made a great 2 hours (or more? I forget how long it is).

Some of the posters said it was a snorefest the first hour? Wow, i liked every minute of it.

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    Bruce Campbell was awesome in the first one. What does he do in this one? WHAT DOES HE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!?????? I heard he "defeats" Spiderman image

• Masterjego1Masterjego1 Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by rathma

Spiderman just released today, has anyone gone to see it yet?
     I'm leaving to go see it in about an hour or so. Everyone post wether you liked it or not image

Alot of people are also saying Spider Man 2 the game is really good to.image Answer the poll truthfully lol.thanks

I have the Spiderman 2 game... Well my brother bought it. He plays it mostly, i played it for about 5 minutes or so. Swinging around the city is pretty cool, but just looked like a cheesy GTA ripoff to me.

*goes back to playing MMO's*

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    Wow, I saw it last night at about 10PM and it was amazing.  The story does develop slowly but the movie is well-made which I will say more so then the first one.  Doc Oc is awesome and the villian for the next one is going to be interesting.  It's  not hard to guess but I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet!!!

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

• MountainDewMountainDew Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Coldmeat

Yeah, that would be pretty smooth, especially if they had Carnage as well. However, my guess for Spidey 3 is going to be the junior Osbourne, can't remember the name of the villian he becomes, though.
    Another thing I think would be pretty neat for them to do, if only to pay homage to the old, old school Spidey villians is have a guest appearrance or two in the background. Vilians like the Vulture, Mysterio(I think that was the name of they guy with the fishbowl on his head), Rhino, etc. You could even have some other superhero fighting with them. Just a brief glimpse as Spidey swings by, or something.
    -------
    I could live like this
    I could be like this

I'm guessing Harry Osbourne is going to avenge his father, but me and my friends are debating if hes going to be green goblin but Harry in the suit, or he is going to to be HOBGOBLIN, think that was the answer you were looking for Coldmeat. And yes i saw the movie and 12 midnight cause i am such a marvel fanatic. Movie was so awesome btw, agreed with rathma, had all that good stuff in it.

Has anyone noticed in all the marvel movies ( if you saw them all) they got Stan Lee hidden in them. They like have Find-Stan-Lee-In-All-Marvel-Movies on vh1 channel, lol. But ya it would be cool if they put carnage or venom in it, in the comics they were his arch-enemies, also in the cartoons. Btw cartoons were kick-ass too. It made me laugh at the end when MJ said go get em tiger, lol she saids that in the comics too, btw his name isnt Lizardman, its the Lizard. image

Let Go of My Eggo Bitch!