Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does any have their waypoint line dissappear?

taxguytaxguy Member Posts: 60

Supposedly, EQ2 shows you where to do the quest or set up waypoints for various spots. Sadly, my waypoints can't always be seen or dissappear at times. Am I the only one that this happens too? This was a problem when the game first opened up and is still a problem.

Comments

• SathirSathir Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by taxguy

Supposedly, EQ2 shows you where to do the quest or set up waypoints for various spots. Sadly, my waypoints can't always be seen or dissappear at times. Am I the only one that this happens too? This was a problem when the game first opened up and is still a problem.

I'm not sure, I'll tell you in a few hours when the patcher is complete and i can start playing again, fairy style!

I will come back later when i have the answer.

Try looking on the eq2 support forums though, maybe something there.. i cant remember this bug when i played a year ago.

-----------------------------------------
    WAR is coming, are you prepared?
    -----------------------------------------

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Only had that issue on later quests.. sometimes it vanishes for some reason :(

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

mhh , download eq2map it helps alot , just keep u re map open and remeber the cross where u re waypoint is , jeah and sometimes the waypoint disappears

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

First off "waypint lines' have a range. Meaning if you move too far from the waypint the line will dissappear.
    And second, the lines are drawn and then refreshed every x seconds (i cant remember how many seconds from the top of my head but i believe it is something between 10 and 30), this may sometimes cause the lines to apparently dissapear all of a sudden, when in fact your position (or the targets if it is mobile) had chenged, and you are no longer in range.
    Last but not least, sometimes the "waypint lines will find a "crack" in the uneven terrain, apparently dissappearing- while actually passing through a hill/rising/wall or something similar unpassable for you. This also works the other way around as sometimes the lines will hit an unpassable obstacle and bounce back in the wrong direction (this can usually be resolved by moving a couple of feet and waiting a few seconds for the line to refresh itself).
    Hope this help.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by taxguy

Remember the waypoint line is just a rough guide not a direct link to location. So they do go in and out at times but they are working as intended so do not expect them to change. They have performed in that way since game release. It is normal not just you.