Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems sketchy...

SystranSystran Member Posts: 105
i've been a HUGE supporter of Blizzard Ent. and Warcraft since the beginning.........but is WoW really gonna be good enough to make it in the MMORPG world?

Comments

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I guess we will jsut have to wait and see now won't we????

no one here can really tell ya unless a beta player comes on here and tells us if its good or bad.....

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379
    Will Microsoft be good enough to make it in the console system world? I mean they've done some good things in the past, but can they really compete with Nintendo and Sony who both have a lot of experience in that area? If you ask me, the x-box is going to fail miserably because both Sony and Nintendo, Nintendo especialy has been making consoles and console games for years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

That's all true about Nintendo, but look how fast the Gamecube went from $149 down to $99 and some places even cheaper.

Right now it's mainly PS2 and Xbox that are dominating the consoles...  So I think Blizzard has a fair chance like Microsoft does.

What will he do next?

Just replace "microsoft" with "Blizzard" and "x-box" with "World of Warcraft".

Then replace "Nintendo" with "EQ2"

and you'll get the point of my analogy =P

If you noticed, my post was made as if the x-box hasn't been released yet... because it IS the best system on the market. Gamecube's value has dropped rapidly, and almost all of the games released for the PS2 are also released for the X-box, only with better graphics on the x-box, and more feature-gameplay options, mainly x-box live. So clearly the x-box and microsoft has succeeded in the console market... Even though Nintendo and SONY were there LONG before them.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• ShindouShindou Member Posts: 23

Wow is going to be a great.  Not because of game content, characters, or how it wil play.  Simple put the programming behind it will be superb.  Seriousily you've all played those hype up broke ass mmorpgs that came out broke.  A lot of mmorpgs now are just out for the money.  Obviousily so is Blizzard but at least they care what product they put their name behind.  Seriousily name something by Blizzard that just complete shit.  I bet you can't.

• JoeBiscuitJoeBiscuit Member Posts: 57

Also you gotta remember. It's not like Blizzard has ever made a game that flopped. They have done their homework and know what they want and will do.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=3527
    A little tidbit on xbox. (kinda old news though)

• SystranSystran Member Posts: 105
    can't really think of a game by Blizzard that DID flopp now that you mention it imageimage
  • ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

I can, its called Battlenet.  Other than that, no.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    Blizzard is an extremely experienced developer and they have spent a lot of time on WOW, I'm very confident the game will be totally awesome!

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• GambinoGambino Member Posts: 31

You act as if Blizzard has never failed. Did you know that before they moved to the PC they were making console games?

Ever heard of the Three Vikings? It was made by Condor (a Genesis game developer). The developers of this company went on to join Blizzard who was making SNES games at the time. They all wanted to move into the PC world, and decided on Diablo I. Blizzard even made some clunkers for 3DO. Please do your reaserch before saying that they are a company that never failed. They started out small, making budget games just like any other developer.

Originally posted by ramadin

I can, its called Battlenet.  Other than that, no.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

First off, that's not a game.

Second, B-net is EXTREMELY popular, whether you may hate it or not, look at the THOUSANDS upon thousands of people who use that service. Obviously they've done something right...

You could go play on gamespy, or MSN if you REALLY wanted tho =P

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

Originally posted by Dracius
    Originally posted by ramadin
    I can, its called Battlenet. Other than that, no.

Second, B-net is EXTREMELY popular, whether you may hate it or not, look at the THOUSANDS upon thousands of people who use that service. Obviously they've done something right...
    You could go play on gamespy, or MSN if you REALLY wanted tho =P------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.Peace, Dracius

it was popular... Because that was like the only thing you could use to play Diablo 2, Diablo, Warcraft III etc etc...

Maxxx - Sieghardt - 3x Elf Scout - Lineage2

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

And maxxx......back to Dracs point....

They must have done somethign right because that shows that you don't need anyhtign other then b-net to run dI-DII(and LOD)

SC and brood war

WC3 and Frozen throne.....

You knwo the reason peopel need other things to run a game is because the game sux.....if its good enuff as is then why would you need anyhting else???

o maybe ot be like the cool crowd and use complex programs just get on a game and socialize and all?image

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Originally posted by Gambino

You act as if Blizzard has never failed. Did you know that before they moved to the PC they were making console games?
    Ever heard of the Three Vikings? It was made by Condor (a Genesis game developer). The developers of this company went on to join Blizzard who was making SNES games at the time. They all wanted to move into the PC world, and decided on Diablo I. Blizzard even made some clunkers for 3DO. Please do your reaserch before saying that they are a company that never failed. They started out small, making budget games just like any other developer.

Yes, he's saying BLIZZARD the company as it stands now has never failed. What games they released before BECOMING Blizzard were all part of what LEAD them to becoming Blizzard and starting their great trend of games there. By your same logic, we should dislike them because back in their programming days at high school they probably made some really cheesy text based muds. You should also hold me responsible for that poorly done C++ chess game I made back in 11th grade.

All that aside, even still just because they started small, doesn't mean they're a bad company. I LOVED 3 vikings, and what of the games they released for the 3DO? It's not like the 3DO had some great titles to begin with.

And in regards to another poster as to why B-net was popular. Still, it's not a game, it's a service. Just like tu_uilwen put it, if it works, WHY fix it? As a service it does immensly well when you compare it to other free play online hosting. Like gamespy or the zone. Both are filled with the same % of hackers and ass holes. The ONLY reason B-net seems to have FAR more ass holes and hackers is because they have FAR more players than most other games have. I'm sure if you did polled everyone who plays these games, you'd find the ratio of normal legit players to rude obnoxious hacking players to be the same in no matter what game. It's a fact of live, people are ass holes, no matter where you go, what game you go to, what place you go to in real life, there will be ass holes there. It is the way it was meant to be, it's like natural selection, only more annoying.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Dracius

You could go play on gamespy, or MSN if you REALLY wanted tho =P

Peace,

Dracius

Duh, I know its not a game.  Its still a Blizzard product.  And yeah, its EXTREMELY popular with the hackers, spammers, and A-holes in general.  They could have at least added some security and customer support to it.  Sorry but you lose that arguement.

-----------------Censored------------------

Oh yeah I lose that arguement, because clearly you

DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ THE ENTIRE POST

Everything you said is in direct neglect of all that I posted. Everything you said is answered and disproved quite well in my first post. Only for some reason you seemed to neglect that only to post that I lose the arguement. Well excuuuuuuse me all mighty god and judge of the forums, if I'm so obviously wrong, I guess you're the one who would know, you're judgement must be all final and knowing, I bow before your greatness.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static

• LINESLINES Member Posts: 15

yes, they will survive... for a while they will

Look at D2... taht game STILL has close to 100k players... wow, and its been out for quite some time now... And look at WC3(exp) People play it because its addicting and because blizzard KNOWS whats up. Besides, have you ever played WC3 and wished you could be that footman gaining experience? eh eh eh? lol

• SystranSystran Member Posts: 105

Battle.net.....absolutely loved it LoL...but i must agree with Oracle...they're very experienced and very VERY well-known for their games....i hope they just put in the time needed to make it in the MMORPG world imageimage

and to throw in my 2 cents which im sure everyone's dying to hear (doubt it)...The Lost Vikings and Rock & Roll Racing (a game not mentioned unless i missed it) didn't do all bad. Blizzard is OBVIOUSLY a leading developer in PC Games though....and saying that "B.Net flopped" is ridiculous.

Although the sense of security wasn't appreciated and a few other person opinion flaws here and there, the are a myriad of ppl who still play it today. Like i said...i hope this game's gonna turn out what it's hyped up to be, but honestly:

When it's a product of Blizzard Entertainment....can we expect any less? imageimageimage