Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Our Exclusive 14 Day Trial!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.COM and CCP Games are proud to present an exclusive offer available only to members of MMORPG.COM.  Throughout the month of July 2004 you can obtain a 14 day trial key for EVE Online - the highly acclaimed sci-fi/space MMORPG!

This is a terrific chance for anyone to give EVE Online a try!  This free trial also *does not* require a credit card to play!  Just get your key, download the game and start playing...simple as that!

Registered members of MMORPG.COM can get their trial key at this page: http://www.mmorpg.com/eve_trial.cfm - if you are not a member yet, you can sign up free at this page.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• _belial_belial Member Posts: 158

That's great, thanks a lot guys, I played this back in the beta and thought it was ok, but got sidetracked by SWG too much to go on and play eve.

One question, does the 14 day trial start from the moment i start playing or from when my key was generated? just that it's gonna take me a couple of days to download the client (no adsl for me :( ).

Thanks

// Carl

Currently Playing : anything to keep me occupied until EQ2 comes out :)

// Carl

Currently Playing : EQ2 of course

• VellystigVellystig Member Posts: 3

Just download the client first, then do the free trial thingy....

that way it should work either way..

PS - i like eve and've been playing a long time - since it went retail.
    it is NOT like any other mmog i've played, need to give it some time

I like it

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Your trial will start the moment you first log into EVE...so take your time image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231
    I did the 3 day Free Trial some time ago. Can I use my old account from that 3 day trial to continue with this new 14 day trial or do I have to start over from scratch?

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    This is great, I just d/l the game and played its realy fun!

• Silver_NightSilver_Night Member Posts: 9
    Great game, been playing for a while now, and its really not at all like other games, no levels and such. and you don't ahve to spend months killing rats to become the lvl 65 uberwarrior. newish players are actually useful,a dn can play roles in fleet battles and pirate hunting :)

• VellystigVellystig Member Posts: 3

:)
    Yep its a nice game.

some hints for those who want to start straight away - in frigates the most important thing is speed - lets you outmanuver larger guns etc.
    skills you want to get at startup or as close too it are Navigation (5)- Afterburner(5) - Microwarpdrive.(1)

you will need some training to get those skills up to those levels, but the payoff is really worth it!

Frigates are most useful when in groups, or when backed up by heavier ships (cruisers, battleship)

For newbie fighters in frigates (all you will really have in 2 weeks) use the frigs advantages - fast speed, fast locking time, and small size.
    Lear to use some electronic warfare/propulsion jamming. This will allow you to trap larger ships and allow them to be damaged by friends.

4 excellent pilots in frigates can take down a battleship (with the right equipment and skills) - but it takes a lot of guts and some luck that the battleship pilot is not equipped for frigate fighting.

• Silver_NightSilver_Night Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Vellystig

some hints for those who want to start straight away - in frigates the most important thing is speed - lets you outmanuver larger guns etc.
    skills you want to get at startup or as close too it are Navigation (5)- Afterburner(5) - Microwarpdrive.(1)

just to help ya out, never, ever use Microwarpdrives in combat against large ships, its suicide. its fine for traveling, but in combat, it lets them instalock you(almost) and actually hit you with those big nasty guns of thier's. lol, thats the way i lost my first crow(really expensive mistake) right after the big patch :/.

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    thx mmorpg for this offer, gonna download it after i come back from work i think, will see, space is not really my thing

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280

I just saw this. I downloaded the 7-day trial a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to play it much since I was playing three other games at the time, but now that I pretty much stopped playing SWG I can give this another shot since I did enjoy the time I actually did get to play it. image 

*Warp Drive Activated*

Currently Playing:
    SWG, AC2, WW2Online

Retired:
    Everquest, DAoC

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    1600x1200 this game is very pretty...

What will he do next?
  • MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Originally posted by Costy
    I did the 3 day Free Trial some time ago. Can I use my old account from that 3 day trial to continue with this new 14 day trial or do I have to start over from scratch?

You will need to start from scratch. The only way to continu on with the Trial account you previously had, is to subscribe.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• akimoakimo Member Posts: 4

Eve online is the longest i have ever played in a mmorpg , i have been playing the game ever since genesis beta and i can say at some times i have been very frustrated with the game . For all the new people trying out the 14 trial here are some tips about the game .

1- Eve online is some what complicated to start off in , and the learning curve is extremely high . If you like to roleplaying , the choose of your race is very important in how you roleplay .

2- Wen you start off you will be placed in your races starting system with a tutorial drone . Do the tutorial and once you are done , head off to an asteroid belt and mine some low end minerals with your newbie frigate . The first goal you should set yourself is to get a heavy frigate . Imicus if you like to mine or a rifter , merlin , punisher or tristan are all excelent mining craft and fighter frigates .

3- Find yourself a corp and imerse yourself in a corp and the eve community , Wen looking for a corp it is better if they are part of 0.0 space alliance . Curse Alliance , Stain Alliance , Pheonix Alliance and there are plenty more wich will allow you and your corp to get a free pass in 0.0 space and allow you to mine the good stuff

4-No mans land also known as 0.0 space is the most dangerous place in the world . Blockades , Epic 100 player battles and pirates are all in this space . But all of 0.0 space is claimed by alliances and is a very dangerous place to roam . This is why you and your corparation should join an alliance , this will give you acess to the riches of 0.0 space and will allow you to enjoy the true fun of eve .

5-Skills are very essential and wich ones you train could be importante on wich path you would rather start in . What is beatiful about eve is that there are no mistakes in skill training , so if you want to change your skills you can do it with no consequences. But it will take you lots of time to catch up to some of the other players who have been playing much longer then a person who has just begun.

I hope that this helps all you people trying the 14 day trial and that it will allow you to play eve and enjoy it . Many people play the game and dont like it beacuse they only do the very boring things and the very few things that this massive game offers . Hope this mini guide helps , if you have questions drop an eve mail ingame for akimo or give me a convo:). Good luck!

• zarianzarian Member Posts: 2
    I am having a problem when I try to fill out the forum of information and one else having a problem, when ever I click next after I fill it all out it says "this page can not be displayed. And ideas?image

Life is like the sky, ever changing, always ominous

• akimoakimo Member Posts: 4
    try lowering security level maybe?

• zarianzarian Member Posts: 2
    I just did, no luck, any other suggestions?image

• MeqaberMeqaber Member Posts: 7
    I got it, btw thanks for the trial was definitely worth it, it got kind of boring fast but thats my opinion on the game, thanks again for the trial though! keep up the good work!

• KimpanKimpan Member Posts: 15

"just to help ya out, never, ever use Microwarpdrives in combat against large ships, its suicide. its fine for traveling, but in combat, it lets them instalock you(almost) and actually hit you with those big nasty guns of thier's. lol, thats the way i lost my first crow(really expensive mistake) right after the big patch :/."

What are you talking about you really need to use a mwd ore else it is more suicide if you didnt use mwd, i can orbit around battleships whit my rifter and not get hit that often, Did you orbit ?
    i orbit at like 5k and that works well

And why would you wanna buy a inty if you dont wanna use a mwd....

• madmaxx728madmaxx728 Member Posts: 1

Is the trial still open? I just signed up for an account but I get the message that the key is invalid ... and I can't have another key generated ....  What gives ???

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280

I do believe the Eve Online 14-day Trial is still active. It just started this month I believe. I don't think they would only have it available for 10 days.image

Currently Playing:
    AC2, WW2Online, SWG

Retired:
    Everquest, DAoC

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I reset your key madmaxx728 - you can try again.  For some reason it seemed like some of the keys did not work.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -