Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft has officially dropped the price of the Xbox360 by $100....

methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

.....in total 

I bet that is exactly how Microsoft will phrase the price drop :D $50 + $30 + $20 = $100 price drop

What's your Wu Name?
Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
<i>ME<i>

Comments

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Thats disgusting. . .

Why the hell are they such penny-pinchers? At least Sony dropped their price $100, even though we already had a $500 PS3. . .

Seriously though. . . $20, $30, $50, why bother?

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Keebs1984

Thats disgusting. . .
    Why the hell are they such penny-pinchers? At least Sony dropped their price $100, even though we already had a $500 PS3. . .
    Seriously though. . . $20, $30, $50, why bother?

Didn't you notice the bonus? $50 drop plus free table top tennis. It's an offer you can't refuse!

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

I am absolutely boggled by the sheer epicness of Microsoft's cheap-ness. . .

I was originally planning on ditching by current 360 (20gb) for the Elite once the price drop came for the hdmi and 120gb hdd, but that is when I thought the new price was going to be $400. Needless to say I'll be holding on to my current 360 for a while longer.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

[Hugs his Wii]

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

That's crazy, but when you look at it, you can see kinda why they did it. I mean there is 3 different xboxs. If they did all by 100 then people might be missing out on the better ones by getting the cheaper ones....or somthin.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

The $50 price drop on the premium isn't horrible, but the other two are just completely pointless.  No one cares about the Core anyways, and the Elite is targeting a consumer who won't care about $30.  Not to mention they packaged them with a game that's only fun for the first 10 minutes and only costs about $15 anymore anyways.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by Nihilanth

The $50 price drop on the premium isn't horrible, but the other two are just completely pointless.  No one cares about the Core anyways, and the Elite is targeting a consumer who won't care about $30.  Not to mention they packaged them with a game that's only fun for the first 10 minutes and only costs about $15 anymore anyways.
    Well even though it is a pretty crappy price drop... it is still a real price drop though.. instead of Sony's stationary price point but added value price drop.

Oh and thanks for the add on PSN Nihilanth

What's your Wu Name?
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Originally posted by methane47

Originally posted by Nihilanth

Well even though it is a pretty crappy price drop... it is still a real price drop though.. instead of Sony's stationary price point but added value price drop.

Oh and thanks for the add on PSN Nihilanth

I added you but you havnt accepted

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Of course, if you want to play HD-DVDs (  ) on your 360, you'll have to buy the HD-DvD kit extra.

But wait! Apparently they just dropped it's price too! By $30 also! Now it's only $179 extra. And in a move totally not prompted in any way by the "Buy a ps3 (or any blu-ray player) and get 5 free blu-ray movies" promotion.. If you buy the 360 HDDVD addon, you can get 5 free HDDVD movies!

Sony console that can play High Def movies: $399

MS console that can play High Def movies: $460 (for the most basic model)

Well, atleast table tenis.. bah who are we kidding?

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587
    Originally posted by Blurr

Of course, if you want to play HD-DVDs (  ) on your 360, you'll have to buy the HD-DvD kit extra.
    But wait! Apparently they just dropped it's price too! By $30 also! Now it's only $179 extra. And in a move totally not prompted in any way by the "Buy a ps3 (or any blu-ray player) and get 5 free blu-ray movies" promotion.. If you buy the 360 HDDVD addon, you can get 5 free HDDVD movies!

last time i checked I wasnt buying a console to play high def movies.

Originally posted by Spathotan

I DID add you... I've even seen you come online for 2 seconds then off again for the past 2 days

I'll send you a PM right now..

Just to make sure someone isn't pulling a fast one on me.. your Avatar is the pilot guy from Lair right?

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by xpyrofuryx

last time i checked I wasnt buying a console to play high def movies.

Well I certainly hope you aren't buying high def dvd players to play them. And, as is painfully obvious to most people, it's yet another reason to buy PS3 over 360.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by Blurr

To be fair, the PS3 is $499.  I should know, I bought one yesterday.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Originally posted by methane47

I DID add you... I've even seen you come online for 2 seconds then off again for the past 2 days

I'll send you a PM right now..

Just to make sure someone isn't pulling a fast one on me.. your Avatar is the pilot guy from Lair right?

Yes, I didnt know thats what it was though. Its the knight guy in bronze armor. I saw your avitar too, the brotha' with the 'fro, but it had a red X next to your name. And you see me on for 2 seconds then I log off? It probably logs me off when I get into FFXII, which is all ive been doing.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Yes, I didnt know thats what it was though. Its the knight guy in bronze armor. I saw your avitar too, the brotha' with the 'fro, but it had a red X next to your name. And you see me on for 2 seconds then I log off? It probably logs me off when I get into FFXII, which is all ive been doing.
    yeah exactly..!!

hmmm check to see what it says now.. i'm online about to play in some Clan Resistance games..

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

If Microsoft ever fixes the system so it doesn't break so often then it will probably sell really well.  It has the best games for the new generation consoles IMO.  To bad the system overheats and breaks down in many cases.