Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

system requirements/Max setting requirements

they said that the requirements would be alot like oblivions... check this link out

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:System_Requirements

it has the requirements for having the settings on max too.. very neat. thought everyone would like to see em

Comments

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

I'm happy that i just bought my new computer then.

Intel C2D E6600 Clocked @ 3.0 Ghz

2048Mb PC6400

8800 GTS x2

Should be enough for AoC

• JonnyNoNoJonnyNoNo Member Posts: 55

yea i cant decide between 8800 GTX or 8800 GTS... eventually will SLI them.. but which is better bang/buck

• DemonZealotDemonZealot Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by JonnyNoNo

yea i cant decide between 8800 GTX or 8800 GTS... eventually will SLI them.. but which is better bang/buck

GTX has a 20-30% increase on performance benchmarks over GTS. Question is, are you willing to pay an extra $200 per card for that 20%?

Originally posted by DemonZealot

GTX has a 20-30% increase on performance benchmarks over GTS. Question is, are you willing to pay an extra $200 per card for that 20%?

I wouldnt since there is still no CPU out yet and memory that can utilize them to their fulliest

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

Wow to run Oblivion on max you need an E6800 with 2 8800 GTX in SLI.

Now thats freaking expencive. I'm going to stick with my E6600 and 1 320MB 8800 GTS. go SLI eventually once we get my wife a descernt gaming computer.

Originally posted by felix77

Wow to run Oblivion on max you need an E6800 with 2 8800 GTX in SLI.

Now thats freaking expencive. I'm going to stick with my E6600 and 1 320MB 8800 GTS. go SLI eventually once we get my wife a descernt gaming computer.

I dont have a problem with running Oblivion on max with my computer , E6600 with 8800 Gts 320mb SLI

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by kwai

I'm happy that i just bought my new computer then.

Intel C2D E6600 Clocked @ 3.0 Ghz
    2048Mb PC6400
    8800 GTS x2

Should be enough for AoC

You could run 2 copies of AoC on med/max settings.

yea i figured what im gonna do, get the 680i SLI mobo, with a quadcore (the price has gone way down) and i was gonna get 2 8800 GTS but i decided that one 8800GTX and a good cpu would be better. and eventually ill get the second GTX to do the SLI.. with 3 gigs of ram and some good cooling, ill be ready for anything

Overkill

hehe nothing wrong with that Imo.. i wont need to upgrade for a while giving me time to save up more for better items once they come.  and plus.. ive worked all summer for this computer and i want to over kill it.. to justify my efforts (i work construction and in process of working i have hit myself with my hammer in the head pretty hard, and nailed my hand with a nail gun, and rolled over our Bobcat/skidster what ever you want to call it.. this computer will make me feel better about all this hehe)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I have an ATI Radeon X200 series card 256 mb, I am guessing I would need to upgrade.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

this makes me slightly excited.  I have an AMD FX-62 (on an Asus Croshair mb) 4 gigs of ram, 2x 10k Raptor HDs Raid and of course 2 GTS 640s (GTXs just were too much of a power hog and they run HOOTT),  well not like the 2 GTS arent bad but i can use a 750w ps instead of the 1k lol. 

game anxiousness rising. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I'm all set and ready to play this game, just upgraded my vid card . This game can't get here fast enough!

Geforce 7300 with 2 gigs of ram,3800+ AMD Athalon 64x2 dual processor, 4 ghz. I was able to run Supreme Commander on this with no issues. The requirements for Supreme Commander are the same as Oblivion so I shouldn't have any issues at all. Can't wait to play this game!

Il be buying this when its released

www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/3953.html

too good to be true.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Don't expect the max setting requirements for Oblivion to match the max for AoC.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

too good to be true.

I hope its true.. Its dirt cheap for its spec

if its not the same as oblivion they funcom is a a lieing bag of poop... maybe the dx9 version of the game will be the same as oblivion.. maybe the dx10 is higher requirements.

• ZerofunZerofun Member Posts: 25

Im plaining to play on my laptop .. alienware m9700.. AMD Turion 64 ML-40 2.2GHZ, 2 gig ram, and 2x Nvidia GO7900 GS. 

1. do you think i will be able to run it ok ?

2. WIll the game support SLI at launch .. so far all the games i play run better with SLI turned off, (vanguard,wow,EQ2,planetside, BF2142,guildwars) 

im not too big on laptop hardware but AoC is working with Microsoft and Nvidia with this game. it will be a showcase game for both companies. AoC will be the first game to use vista fully to its extent and to use the dx10s and SLI to its full extent. so my guess is that it will run good in vista and SLI.  Microsoft and Nvidia wouldnt be investing so much into it if it didnt run well on both.. why would they put their lable on a game that plays shit with their products.

WoW and eq2 and all those games were made before SLI was really big. therefor designed the game to be used with just one Graphics card.

• ZerofunZerofun Member Posts: 25

I sure hope so .. while im not running vista or DX 10  due to obvious reason (it currently sucks) Im hoping that it will scream on my machine .. now if i could just get over that im stuck with a single core processor and the best one i can upgrade too is a 2.4 ghz .. 

I will be building my next comp